Emmeline / Emmalene

Hello!

First off, what do you think of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]? Other middle suggestions welcome (DNA is Leader-Charmer)…I’ve had [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] on my list for a while but testing out other combos.

Secondly…what’s your preferred spelling?

• Emmeline
  • Emmalene
  • Other (let me know!)
0 voters

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is lovely, I really like how the super sweet sound of [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] balances out the harsher sounds of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], and they feel wonderfully vintage but on-trend together!

1 Like

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] will be pronounced “Emma-line” and [name_f]Emmalene[/name_f] would probably be pronounced “Emma-leen” at least here in the east coast/south. So it depends which you’re going for.

1 Like

I teach and had a [name_f]Emmalynn[/name_f]. I think it would depend on which pronunciation you are wanting to achieve.

1 Like

Personally I 100% of the time pronounce [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] as ‘em-ah-LINE’. I never understand or see how to get the ‘em-ah-LEEN’ or ‘em-ah-LYN’ pronounciation from it. Therefore, I would most definitely go with [name_f]Emmalene[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is lovely - vintage and outdoorsy but with sweetness too

1 Like

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is pretty.

1 Like

How are you pronouncing [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmalene[/name_f]?

1 Like

I’m pronouncing both em-ah-leen.

I pronounce both Ema-Leen, but I prefer the [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] spelling. I don’t know, it just looks… tidier lol??

1 Like

Okay that’s good to know! I personally always read [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] em-meh-line rather than lean which is why I was curious if the spellings had the same sound or not for your poll

I agree with you that [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] looks cleaner and more formal to [name_f]Emmalene[/name_f]

I was trying to think of other possible spellings but all I can think of is Emmeleen (like Eileen) but I still prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] to it

I think with it being a middle name option that if you spelling it [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and even if people first say it more to what I’m used to, you can just correct them. It really isn’t a big shift to pronounce it correct and I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] could definitely work

1 Like