Emmeline: Real life experience?

Have you ever met someone with the name [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]? If so, tell me! How did they pronounce it? Did they go by [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]/another nickname, or just the full name?

Emmy-line

Mel

No Emmelines, but I do know an [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] Emma-line who goes by [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

1 Like

I know one [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (pronouced Em ma Leen) and 1 [name_f]Emmelyn[/name_f] (Em-ma Lyn). [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] goes exclusively by [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], she’s maybe 8 years old and I’m not sure she even knows her full name. [name_f]Emmelyn[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmelyn[/name_f] interchangeably, she is 3.

I know of a 10 year old [name_f]Emmalynn[/name_f]. She is frequently called [name_f]Emily[/name_f] in error, and doesn’t bother to correct people at this point. She prefers to go by [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

I think I would pronounce [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line, but I think she would run into the same issue of being called [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. I do prefer it to [name_f]Emmalynn[/name_f] though.

My cousin’s name is [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], pronounced “emma-line”; she goes by [name_f]Emmie[/name_f].

I know a baby girl named [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] it was pronounced the way it’s original spelt (emma -leen), I didn’t even know there was another way to say it! She was adorable and a chubby baby! Her siblings that followed all shared matching names (a no go on namesberry but cute when their babies to those who aren’t as obsessed :joy:)

I know a 4 year old [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Emma[/name_f]-[name_f]Line[/name_f]). She goes by the full name so far.

I know an Emalynn but no [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]'s. Very pretty name.

The only [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] I knew (child at my school) went by [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]

I worked with a woman named [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (pronounced it [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line). As far as I know, she didn’t go by any nickname. She was my manager for a time. I always found her tough, but fair.

emma-leen, I think, though it could have been emma-lynn or em-lynn. Honestly, despite her telling me multiple times, I had a hard time remembering. It was definitely not emma-line. Not sure if she goes by any nicknames.

Em-ma-leene

Mal/Lenny/Emma/Em/Len/Mallie/Leenie/

Em-me-line

Em/Mellie/Linnie/Enolemme (Was a joke)

I knew a girl at school with this name, the same age as me. Her name was pronounced [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-[name_m]Lean[/name_m] and she just went by her full name.

I have a soft spot for this name because of her. She was so lovely to everyone she met and had a great, vibrant personality. She nows works as a teacher.

One of my good friends from middle school was [name]Emmeline[/name] , pronounced [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line. She went mostly by [name]Emme[/name], and her family was full of beautiful vintage names.

I know two Emmelines, they both pronounce it [name_f]Em[/name_f]-mah-leen. One of them goes by [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], the other goes by [name_f]Lina[/name_f].

I love this name but in the UK people would pronounce it [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] :frowning:

Hi, I’ve looked after two little tots called [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] in the last 5 years. One PN [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-lin and the other [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-leen. I’m in the UK and [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-lin’s family are [name_f]English[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-leen’s Irish.

I know an [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (emma-leen), who goes by her full name (both she and I are [name_f]English[/name_f]).