Emmika etc...Please vote and help me pick a name!

See the results of this poll: runners up to Emma

Respondents: 58 (This poll is closed)

• Isabella (nn Bella): 7 (12%)
  • Emilia (nn Emi/ Mila): 19 (33%)
  • Eden (nn Edie): 8 (14%)
  • Ruby (nn Rubes/Bibi): 14 (24%)
  • Adessa (Addy/desi): 2 (3%)
  • Emmika (nn Emichka): 4 (7%)
  • Emma (nn same as other em names): 4 (7%)

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted for [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I think it’s beautiful! :slight_smile:

[name]Isabella[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, but if popularity is an issue for you (which it may not be), I think some of your other names may be a better bet.

[name]Emilia[/name]: I love it—[name]Amelia[/name], too–and think it’s beautiful with [name]Rose[/name] and your last name. [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Prince[/name]. I love it! :slight_smile:

[name]Eden[/name]: I think it’s really pretty, but [name]Eden[/name] [name]Prince[/name] reminds [name]Prince[/name] of [name]Eden[/name].

[name]Ruby[/name]: I love it, but because [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] are both colors, I like some of your other options more. I also love the sound of [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Prince[/name] more than I do [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Prince[/name].

[name]Adessa[/name]: In all honesty, I thought this was a typo of [name]Odessa[/name], and I’m guessing the name may confuse others, too.

Emmika: I think that [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name] are beautiful–[name]Annika[/name], too, but I’m personally not feeling Emmika. That’s just me, though. If you love it though, that’s what matters!

[name]Emma[/name]: I think it’s a beautiful name. It’s presently ranked #1 though, which may not be an issue for you. Oh. I forgot about your last name. To me, [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Prince[/name] has a better flow than [name]Emma[/name] [name]Prince[/name].

So, here’s one vote for [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Prince[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Adessa[/name] - Looks like an awful variant of [name]Odessa[/name].

Emmika - Reminds me of Emiko, so I’d guess it were Japanese if I heard it. Not a fan of made-up names in principle, but… [name]Annika[/name], pretty, [name]Emily[/name], cute, Emiko, cuter, Emmika, adorable!

Why not use an actual Russian name?

I voted for [name]Ruby[/name] because it’s my personal favorite from your list. After reading your post, however, I definitely like [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]… very sweet.
Might I suggest [name]Emmeline[/name]?

[name]HI[/name] and thanks for your posts and input! I have tried many Russian names but my husband has vetoed them all! Our backgrounds are Russian/American/Jewish so I’ve been trying to find a name that would reflect it but most names are “too” one thing or another for my husband- argh! [name]Jill[/name], I posted [name]Emma[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Eden[/name], and [name]Odessa[/name] a few weeks ago and you offered great input on that post as well- thanks! I took some of your suggested names ([name]Dalia[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Celia[/name], [name]Audrey[/name]) back to hubby and he nixed them all except for, possibly, [name]Audrey[/name]. BTW- I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Julia[/name] but a very close friend named her daughter that several months ago. I’m excited to hear that Emmika (or Emika) is getting some support as this (and [name]Emilia[/name]) would be, I think, a great middle ground. I do love [name]Isabella[/name] (nn [name]Bella[/name] or ella) and [name]Ruby[/name], though it doesn’t flow quite as well. Im leaning away from [name]Adessa[/name] (even though nn [name]Addy[/name]/dessi, or essie are all adorable as well)- so many great names!!! Thanks again for your input:)

When you said this I immediately thought of ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ and the one name I absolutely loved from that musical - ‘Chaveleh’! (sounds like ‘hah-va-la’, nn ‘[name]Chava[/name]’, means ‘little bird’) I’ts probably too Russian/Jewish sounding for your husband, but I think its beautiful. I just thought I’d suggest it. You have many wonderful options!
Good [name]Luck[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! Chaveleh is cute but it will definititely get vetoed… Seems that I love most names while hubby is the Great Vetoer- I wonder if that happens often?

BTW, happyrobot, emmeline got vetoed:(

[name]Hi[/name]! You know, I thought I remembered a lot of the names from the other thread, but at the same time, I wasn’t sure if it was you! Sorry about that, and hi again! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry he didn’t like a lot of the names. I love [name]Julia[/name], too. Would [name]Juliet[/name] be an option for you, or is it still too close?

Subliminal message to your husband: “You [name]LOVE[/name] every name she shares with you…” :slight_smile:

Take care!

That was such a hard choice! I ended up choosing [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] and Emmika. Runner-ups were [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name]. Out of the three I chose I would pick either Emmika or [name]Isabella[/name] for you. I think Emmilka is a cute alternative to [name]Emma[/name] and sounds Russian, like you said your background is. I just have a soft spot for [name]Isabella[/name]!

It’s too bad you are leaning away from [name]Adessa[/name]. I think that’s the cutest.
I don’t know if you know anything about “[name]Utah[/name]” names, but Emmika sounds like a [name]Utah[/name] name. A little made up.
A couple other [name]Em[/name] name that I like are Emian or Emmia.

Ha, sarf378 thats exactly what I thought when I read that name! It is cute, but not something I would use. But if you love it, that’s all that matters :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] again! Thank you, everyone, for posting:) [name]Jill[/name], LOL! I must hypnotize hubby and feed him that message- that would certainly make this much easier! [name]Juliet[/name] is too close, unfortunately- I’ve know this girl for over 20 yrs- practically sisters…so that name is off limits. I’m due in [name]July[/name]- so that name would have even more meaning to me. That’s one of the reasons [name]Ruby[/name] sticks as well- [name]July[/name]'s birthstone (and mine).
Bounceparty: SUCH a hard choice! I do love [name]Isabella[/name] as well- and [name]Bella[/name] is such a Russian name- but rising in popularity (though I’ve come to the conclusion that, as long as you love a name, popularity not as much of an issue). Emmika is definitely a Russianized form of [name]Emma[/name] - along with Emmachka and Emka (Emaleh also- forgot about my grandparents who would Hungarian-ise it)!
Sarf378: never heard of [name]Utah[/name] names but will definitely look that up! I do love the made up names, though, as they seem to be out of the box just enough for people to like and get used to but not too much so that they’re always mispronounced or misspelled:) Plus, since my dad was born in [name]Odessa[/name], Ukraine- it’s that much more meaningful.
Wow! still not sure what my choice will be but I feel like I’m getting closer…incidentally, hubby’s current top three (besides [name]Emma[/name], of course) are [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Eden[/name], and [name]Emilia[/name].
Thanks again!

OK- now that you’ve helped me narrow the list down I need help taking it to the next step. Although I have some time before I’m due, I know myself- if I don’t have a name before this baby is born- she’ll be a year old without a name before I know it! More specifically, any thoughts on how well [name]Ruby[/name] would age? If [name]Eden[/name] is too, I don’t know, sexy? is [name]Isabella[/name] (nn [name]Bella[/name] or ella) so popular that she’d be lost in a sea of them? Can [name]Mila[/name] really be a nn for [name]Emilia[/name]? and would [name]Adessa[/name] (nn [name]Addy[/name] or dessi) be just too weird?