Emo Baby Names!!!

Here is a blog topic idea for Nameberry.com. It’s called “[name]Emo[/name] [name]Baby[/name] Names.” In case you don’t know what emo is, emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music, which has also branched out into an entire lifestyle.

Here are a few examples of names of emo musicians and icons that you can use for your baby:

• Wentz (as in [name]Pete[/name] Wentz; could work for either a boy or a girl)
  • [name]Gerard[/name]/[name]Jared[/name]
  • [name]Evan[/name] (as in [name]Alex[/name] [name]Evans[/name])
  • Mabbitt (as in [name]Craig[/name] Mabbitt of Escape the [name]Fate[/name]; works best as a middle name)
  • [name]Beckett[/name] (as in [name]William[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] of The Academy Is…)
  • [name]Urie[/name] (as in [name]Brendan[/name] [name]Urie[/name] of Panic At The Disco)
  • [name]Ryland[/name] (as in [name]Ryland[/name] Blackinton from Cobra Starship)
  • [name]Asher[/name] (as in [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Asher[/name] from Cobra Starship)
  • [name]Tyson[/name] (as in [name]Tyson[/name] [name]Ritter[/name] from The All-American Rejects)
  • [name]Trace[/name] (As in [name]Trace[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] from [name]Metro[/name] Station)
  • [name]Travis[/name] (As in [name]Travis[/name] [name]Barker[/name] from Blink-182)
  • Cone (bassist of Sum 41; for the really adventurous parents out there!)
  • [name]Jacoby[/name] (as in [name]Jacoby[/name] Shaddix of Papa Roach; his last name could also work)

Then there are the emo girls, or the girls associated with it:

• [name]Lindsay[/name] (as in [name]Lindsay[/name] “[name]Lyn[/name]-Z” Ballato, wife of [name]Gerard[/name] [name]Way[/name])
  • [name]Ashlee[/name] ([name]Simpson[/name]-Wentz)
  • [name]Helena[/name] ([name]Gerard[/name] [name]Way[/name]'s grandmother, whom he wrote a song about)
  • [name]Cassadee[/name] (from Hey [name]Monday[/name])
  • [name]Beth[/name] (as in [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Beth[/name], ex-girlfriend of [name]Trace[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] and emo style icon)
  • [name]Avril[/name] (Lavigne)
  • [name]Demi[/name] (Lovato; not exactly emo, but along the lines of it)

Now for what emo icons name their babies:

• [name]Alabama[/name] ([name]Travis[/name] [name]Barker[/name]'s daughter)
  • [name]Bronx[/name] ([name]Ashlee[/name] [name]Simpson[/name]-Wentz and [name]Pete[/name] Wentz’s son)
  • [name]Bandit[/name] ([name]Gerard[/name] [name]Way[/name]'s daughter)
  • Dreavyn ([name]Billy[/name] [name]Martin[/name] of Good [name]Charlotte[/name]'s son)
  • [name]Harlow[/name] ([name]Joel[/name] [name]Madden[/name]'s daughter; once again, not exactly emo, but along the lines of it)

And finally, just some unusual name ideas that are associated with the emo subculture:

• Toronto (city in [name]Canada[/name] where many of the people mentioned on the list are from)
  • Sasuke (pronounced Sahs-kay; character in manga series “Naruto” which, once again, is only for truly adventurous parents)
  • Tokyo/Tokio (as in emo band Tokio Hotel)

Thanks for your time!!! Hopefully, Nameberry will use it as a blog topic!

I’m probably not cool enough to add to this but I’ll try. I know what emo is but I’m not familiar with the bands or people from that scene. I’ll list names that I think represent my interpretation of emo either because of their meaning or they just remind me of such. Some might seem pretty off the wall.

Mix of boys and girls names -

[name]Poe[/name] - Like [name]Edgar[/name] [name]Allen[/name] [name]Poe[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Lee[/name] - a poem from above poet.
[name]Ash[/name]
Atreyu - the band and the cutie from the movie The Never Ending [name]Story[/name]
[name]Bastian[/name] - inspired by the above
Auron - a Final [name]Fantasy[/name] 10 character. I love this name.
[name]Basil[/name]
[name]Delores[/name] or [name]Delora[/name] - means lady of sorrows.
[name]Devin[/name] - means poet
[name]Emerson[/name]
Oormi - means a flow of emotions
Nenet - goddess of the deep
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Zander[/name]/[name]Xander[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Hyde[/name]
[name]Hyman[/name] - means life
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Psyche[/name] - the soul
Lerato - [name]African[/name] and means song of my soul
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Rebel[/name]
[name]Irie[/name] - okay Jamaican saying meaning happy, carefree, blissful…hey why not? I love this name.
[name]Jacobi[/name]/[name]Jacoby[/name]
Jackal
Jela - Swahili means father suffered during birth.
Macbeth - son of life.
[name]Zoltan[/name] - life
Jannali - Aboriginal means moon
[name]Niran[/name] - Thai means eternal
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Marjorie[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Odin[/name]
[name]Osiris[/name] -
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Seven[/name]
[name]Trilby[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]/[name]Von[/name]
[name]Vesper[/name]/[name]Vespera[/name] - the evening star
[name]Zephyr[/name]
Zenith
[name]Ronin[/name] - Japanese means Samurai without a master. Considering using this a mn.

I’m gonna go with [name]Jimmy[/name] or Carrabba, lol.

I guess this is like the jazz names - not particularly emo, they are just names their parents named them that seem like popular names of their birth era. I don’t know - give it some time before they become real cultural icons deserving of namesakes. Or just pick [name]Kurt[/name]. [name]Kurt[/name] is emo.

Or maybe I’m too old? Heh.

I have probably thought of naming my child helena because of gerard ways g-ma. and [name]Gerard[/name] was one of my fave names for a long time My Chemical [name]Romance[/name] was one of my fave bands in fifth grade but i grew out of them.