Enora?

[name]Morning[/name] berries! This morning I was reading through some local birth announcements and found a couple gems…
[name]Quinn[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Declan[/name] [name]Grey[/name], [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Enora[/name] [name]Mei[/name]. I’ve never seen [name]Enora[/name] or [name]Mei[/name], have you? I don’t think I’d use either name but they definitley triggered my curiosity!

Good afternoon/morning! (It’s half-one in the afternoon over here in the UK! :))

[name]Enora[/name] is very pretty, it reminds me of [name]Lenora[/name] or [name]Leonora[/name].

I like [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Frances[/name] because even though [name]Quinn[/name] is unisex, you can tell it’s a girl because of [name]Frances[/name].

I hate the name [name]Sadie[/name] (kind of dated and cutesy over here) but I love [name]Violet[/name]! [name]Mei[/name] reminds me of [name]Mae[/name] or [name]May[/name].

My cousin is called [name]Declan[/name] so it’s hard for me to take the name seriously, lol. But the combo [name]Declan[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is nice.

I spotted the combo [name]Eva[/name] [name]Jessica[/name] today, I thought it was very cute and classic.

If I heard [name]Enora[/name] said aloud I might assume it was spelled [name]Honora[/name]. Pretty name either way

[name]Enora[/name] is a trendy name in [name]France[/name]. I believe it is [name]Breton[/name] in origin.

[name]Enora[/name] is interesting! Part [name]Honora[/name], part [name]Elora[/name], part [name]Eleanora[/name]. I like it, I think, but I’m not sure about the spelling. It feels like it’s missing something but it is pretty!

I believe [name]Mei[/name] is a Chinese name. I think it’s pretty, but I would only use the spelling if I adopted from [name]China[/name].

I like [name]Mei[/name] too. Its means beautiful.

That’s exactly how I feel!

[name]Hi[/name] Ladies.

I googled my daughters name this morning and came across this blog. [name]Lainy[/name] must get the [name]Cedar[/name] Rapids Gazette. I posted my daughters pictures in the paper for her very first birthday.

After she was born, my husband and I didn’t like the names that we had been thinking about using. We looked at her and went, whoa, she’s not such and such, let’s pick something else. I came up with Endora. But, my mother threw a fit. She said that every single time she looked at the baby, she would be reminded of that mother witch from bewitched. So, I took off the D and that is how I came up with [name]Enora[/name]. After choosing it, I started to come up with middle names. I liked the sound of the [name]May[/name], but not the spelling. I wanted something custom. I used to live in [name]Hawaii[/name], so I looked up may spelled Hawaiian, and it was [name]Mei[/name]. My cats are named Lae’ula & Hiwalani… Go Figure. Got a little hula in my names. :wink:

[name]Enora[/name] is 5 stars and whoever added it to the website, recently rated it 4! It wasn’t there before. In fact, last year… I was only able to find 1 website with the name.

PRONOUNCED - “N-O-RAH [name]MAY[/name]” (don’t pronounce the E)

I call her [name]Enora[/name] [name]Mei[/name] when I talk to her.

[name]Hi[/name] mrstetzlaff, welcome to Nameberry. :slight_smile: [name]Enora[/name] is a very interesting name - it reminds me of [name]Annora[/name], which I like a lot. I know that [name]Mei[/name] is a very common name in [name]Asian[/name]/[name]Pacific[/name] Islander cultures… spelled that way in Chinese and Hawaiian, and also as Mey in Vietnamese, Mien and some others (there are a ton of Southeast Asians where I live). I think it’s lovely.