Erin...

My husband’s absolute, all-time favorite girl’s name is [name]Erin[/name]. He has been very clear on this for about 3 years, and we are having our first daughter this [name]March[/name].

I know that the name seems “dated” since most people with this name are now in their 30’s. Since my husband feels so strongly about it, though, I am considering it.

My question: aside from the “dated” feel, is this an objectively nice name? Is it one that I should be OK with, knowing that my daughter will carry her father’s absolute favorite name? It seems like a reasonable name - it’s not [name]Nevaeh[/name], after all!

Thoughts or observations about this name would be appreciated!

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable name. Since I am in my 30s, it does seem a little dated to me, but I’ve always thought it was pretty. Actually, I currently know 2 little girls named [name]Erin[/name] (ages newborn and 4), so maybe it’s not so dated after all.

I really like the name [name]Erin[/name]! What middle names are you considering?

I think [name]Erin[/name] may be dated but that’s not a bad thing. It’s a nice name and also your daughter may not have 3 other [name]Erin[/name]'s in her classroom since maybe the name is not as popular which is a nice bonus :slight_smile:

[name]Erin[/name] has been in the top 30 for the past few yrs, this may appease your fears of it being ‘dated’. However, it may also mean that in the next couple of years, there are more Erins where you are with sites like Nameberry keeping on top of trends in the UK.

I really like. I wouldn’t choose it personally as there do seem to be a few Erins about where i live, but it is a lovely name that will age well with her, iykwim - for example it will be classy at 16, 35, 50 and 70 yrs old! x