Esme Imagery

Since before we became pregnant I’ve been trying to pound the name Esme into my husbands head until he loves it too, and he is warming up to it after months! :joy:

I love it because it has 4 letters like my name, it’s a French name like her brothers so they are cohesive, we can use the nickname May which is my moms middle name, and it means beloved :heart:

We live in CA and a lot of people use Spanish here so it also is easy to pronounce in Spanish which is a plus!

What kind of imagery do you guys get from the name Esme?
How does she go with older brother Marshall?
If anyone wants to make a mood board or collage for the name Esme I would greatly appreciate it!
Any thoughts are welcome!

I made a mood board for you!

1 Like

[name_m]Marsh[/name_m] & [name_f]May[/name_f] are the cutest little siblings ever! :heart:

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] by herself gives me mystical, winter-y vibes, elegant and graceful but with a slight dark academia twist. :snowflake::crystal_ball: :ringer_planet: :ice_skate:

I’d say it’s definitely an unexpected combination, but it works! I also see [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] with winter-y vibes, and with the nn’s [name_m]Marsh[/name_m] & [name_f]May[/name_f] together, these two are downright lovely. I especially love how many connections [name_f]Esme[/name_f] brings to your family, with the [name_m]French[/name_m] ties, the 4 letters, the “beloved” meaning, and the honor for your mother.

A little mood board for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] that I made:

[name_f]May[/name_f] & [name_m]Marsh[/name_m] together… they feel a little cozier, a little warmer winter:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is such a beautiful name! It sounds like it fits so well with what you’re looking for too!

1 Like

@Johannaa thank you so much! I played soccer hardcore my whole childhood so this really speaks to me!

1 Like

@daisydarcy wow your mood boards are so pretty! I love the way you described [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! A little dark academia is my cup of tea!! And baby is due in winter :snowflake:

1 Like

okay, this is going to be a bit of a downer, but I think it’s something to think about. [name_f]Esme[/name_f] makes me think of [name_m]Twilight[/name_m] (Edward Cullen’s adoptive mother was Esme) and [name_m]Twilight[/name_m] was problematic on so many levels, addictive, but problematic. I don’t think it makes the name unusable, but I think it should be considered.

I do like the connection it has to your mother though. and it does work well is big bro [name_m]Marshall[/name_m].

1 Like

@justagirlwholovesnam I’ve thought about that too. Twilight uses a lot of beautiful and classic vintage names that I love (Alice, Jacob, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper) so it really doesn’t bother me at all. But thank you for your perspective. Movies/TV don’t ruin names for me typically

1 Like

This is how I see her :two_hearts:

I love [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! Sweet, romanic yet spunky. Fits a young child and can be carried easily into adulthood. I think it’s a great choice. [name_f]Love[/name_f] all your reasoning and the nickname [name_f]May[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Esme[/name_f]! It’s taken me years and years to do so (when I first saw her I thought she was said ez-me and for years I preferred that to ez-may… I think I like both almost equally now). I have a hard time “seeing” Esme’s personality but I love her meaning and aesthetic.

I imagine a little girl in a sundress dancing through a meadow with long grass and wildflowers, the sun kissing her cheeks as she sings a made-up song. At home she loves to fingerpaint and meticulously practices the piano until she masters every song her piano teacher assigns her. She loves to help mama bake and she has a heart of gold. This is the imagery I’m slowly forming; I think for years it took me to appreciate her… it was because I couldn’t “see” who she was.

I think [name_m]Marsh[/name_m] and Esme/Marsh and [name_f]May[/name_f] sound super cute together, although trying to say [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and Marshall… I get tripped up with the M’s.

I’m not great at mood boards so I’ll leave that to the experts :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] is lovely! Underappreciated! She’s fine with [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]. Both names are catchy.

I see light, white, lily, pearl, sunshine, lace, beach, shells, prairies, meadows, really anything like light and sunshiney.

1 Like

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] gives me sleekness and style - minimalist spaces with bold accessories, tailored and stylish clothing, shades of green, polished gemstones

1 Like