Esmeralda?

I’ve been hardcore crushing on [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] today, which is a name I’ve always liked, but never seriously considered using (until now). What would you think if you met an [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]? What kind of names would you expect her siblings to have?

Since I’m reconstructing my list, I’m sort of embracing crushes as they come, and I’ll eventually whittle down to the names I actually want to keep (hopefully with some semblance of having a top 20 at the absolute most), so I’m thinking [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] will probably be added to the list in some variation (mainly because I love the tie to [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] way too much. I’ve not read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I love [name_u]Les[/name_u] Miserables, and it’s on my list of classic novels to get around to.).

If anyone wants to offer up combo suggestions, I’ll gladly take those, as well. So far I’ve considered [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] (or [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]?).

Thanks, Berries!

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] has never been my cup of tea. I much prefer the more sassy [name_f]Esme[/name_f] or [name_f]Adele[/name_f].

It’s a cool name, but I adore [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], so couldn’t go for [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. I think I like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] the best out of your choice, because gemstone+flower is too many word names for me. None of the middles I can think of quite work. Maybe:

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]! She gives off such a brilliant image; exotic, elegant, and fun but with an air of darkness, adventure, and mystery. I’d love to meet an [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], and I’d probably expect her siblings to have similarly long, sophisticated names ([name_f]Violette[/name_f]/[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] camd to mind), but I think almost anything could work.

I especially like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] from your middle ideas. I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a good balance between fun and energetic and elegance.

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f]/[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] has been a major GP of mine for forever, I love it but would never have the guts to use it. I imagine siblings to have equally exotic but familiar names, [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] on your sig is a good example.

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is my favourite of your combos, some other suggestions:

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Helene[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Selene[/name_f]

I think of a very mysterious, whimsical person with the name [name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f].

[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I also get the same impressions as @myosotis, I think [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] comes of as spirited and whimsical. I certainly like it for a child, not too sure about an adult [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], but then there is always [name_f]Esme[/name_f] to fall back on.

I imagine siblings to have names in similar length and feel.
Sisters: [name_f]Veronica[/name_f], [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
Brothers: [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], Demitri.

I like the combination [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] best. [name_m]Long[/name_m] and one syllable just seems the way to go. Maybe you’ll like:
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

Thanks, everyone! I’ve never liked the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation of Esmé(e)–I’ve always preferred ez-me, wrong though it is!–so I like that I could use the pronunciation I like (or Esmey?), but I can see an adult [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. It’s such a stunningly beautiful name to me. :slight_smile:

I guess I just need a combo now. :). I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] (thanks for that suggestion!), etc., the most lately…

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is pretty! I like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] from your list, but;

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Cerys[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Clover[/name_f]

It’s gorgeous to me, and I love long names.
I’m not a nickname person and tend to say full names. However this is quite a long name. I’d probably use “Es” (and pronounce it “Ez”) kind of like the [name_m]Des[/name_m] nickname for [name_f]Desiree[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]. I love this name but it might be a little too out there for me. I love The Hunchback of Notre Dame, so for me, that’s a bonus!

I love [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]! It fits right in to my love of gorgeous long names. If I met an [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] I would probably gush to her about her name for a while, honestly!

I would expect her siblings to have equally long and beautiful names =]

Maybe like:

[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]/[name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabella[/name_f]/[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalissa[/name_f]/[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Evangelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Katarina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlette[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]/[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Violette[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]/[name_f]Vivianna[/name_f]

I’ll try some combos, as well. My favorite from your list is [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. So beautiful!

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Chanel[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Crystal[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Jeannine[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Joelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Lucina[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Reina[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]

I think I like the 2-syllable middles best =]
I hope this helps cause it was fun!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. Probably my first name crush and it still goes strong. I personally don’t care for the variationd because the don’t seem to have the same brilliant sound [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] has, even tho [name_f]Esme[/name_f] it’s a pretty nn for [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. A while ago I was suggested here [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and I’m sharing because it’s a gorgeous combo and you could always call her for her middle name!

Also, @manna made beautiful suggestions for siblings!

I agree with @dreamingof fireflies about loving Esmeralda but not being brave as I absolutely love Esmeralda but I’m not sure if I would ever be brave enough to use it or her sisters Violetta,Ophelia & Delilah!

As far as combos go I love the suggestions of Esmeralda Liv, Liv Esmeralda & Esmeralda Wren & Esmeralda Elise! I also agree that short and sweet is better with the delightfully long Esmeralda!

How about
Esmeralda Fae
Esmeralda June
Esmeralda Blue
Esmeralda Dove
Esmeralda Kate
Esmeralda Skye
Esmeralda Gwen
Esmeralda Margot
Esmeralda Rose
Esmeralda Faith

Or alternatively

Edith Esmeralda (I have to admit this is when I would be brave enough to use it!)
Clara Esmeralda
Elodie Esmeralda
Ottilie Esmeralda
Hattie Esmeralda

I know I don’t like it personally but it’s not a terrible name, just personally think of a haughty know it all princess, but that doesn’t mean that’s how you’re child will be perceived. I knew a horrid [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] in elementary and junior high schools, but now my best friend is named [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and I love the name. I would go for it despite if others dislike it.
I think [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]'s sibling’s names might sound some thing like:
[name_f]Pavati[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

For what it is worth I am a real life adult [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. And I have always loved my name. Use it!

I recommend a shorter name for the 4 syllable [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]… something still old world bit less frilly.

Like:
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvette[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]

For what it is worth I am a real life adult [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. And I have always loved my name. Use it!

I recommend a shorter name for the 4 syllable [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]… something still old world bit less frilly.

Like:
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvette[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] - I think it’s a beautifully romantic name that’s adorable on a child, and classy/elegant on an adult. Still, if they find it too flowery as an adult, there is always [name_f]Esme[/name_f] (I think your pronunciation of [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is fine :slight_smile: ) and a ton of other nickname possibilities: [name_f]Ally[/name_f], [name_f]Merry[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_u]Dani[/name_u]. I really like your suggestion of [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and I think that a one-syllable middle would also flow really well :slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone! I’m trying out [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] for now, and I’ll probably try out [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] a little later, too. @marielalie - [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is perfection! I’ve really been loving [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] now, too, and they seem to be a perfect pair! I like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], too, but I’m not sure to the same degree. I do two MNs, so I try to stray from putting a one-syllable name in the first MN position, but I do like [name_f]Liv[/name_f]/[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]/[name_u]Wren[/name_u] a lot. I might do something like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]? Although [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is a bit too descriptive for my general taste. :slight_smile: