Espen/Aspen

I love the name [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] but have just recently discovered [name_m]Espen[/name_m]… what are everyone’s thoughts on these names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they’d work better for a boy or girl? X

I like a lot! It works for a girl or boy but I personally prefer it on a boy

I like [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], but [name_m]Espen[/name_m] really makes me think of ESPN. I think they’re both pretty unisex sounding, and I like them equally on a boy and girl.

2 Likes

I quite like them! Definitely both unisex to me.

This!!

Aspen is lovely - earthy and cool. I like it for a girl but i think it could work on a boy to.

Espen is intriguing too. I quite like it for a boy though it does remind me a bit of a company

Aspen is lovely for either gender! [name_m]Espen[/name_m] however makes me think of the US sports tv channel ESPN :crazy_face:

Espen makes me think of the little girl in that movie Blended (the one with [name_m]Adam[/name_m] Sandler and [name_u]Drew[/name_u] Barrymore). Her name was [name_m]Espen[/name_m], after the sports channel.
Personally, I prefer [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], I think it sounds a bit better, and I prefer the aesthetic of it being a tree/nature name more than one that makes me think of sports.

I’m norwegian and [name_m]Espen[/name_m] is a very common and traditional/generic nordic name. It is is solely a male name here and naming a girl [name_m]Espen[/name_m] would be the equivalent to naming a girl [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_m]Carl[/name_m], so you might want to consider that in case your girl ever wants to go abroad hehe… [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] is very pretty though, and could work for both sexes.

I like [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] on a boy and [name_m]Espen[/name_m] on TV.