Esti Maxine

I just had to post. [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f] [name_f]Teigen[/name_f] and [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Legend[/name_u] have announced the name of their newborn; a daughter named [name_f]Esti[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]. I was so excited to hear their choice, as I love their other children’s names, and they did not disappoint.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_f]Esti[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] sibset! Congratulations to the couple. What’s your opinion?

15 Likes

I love it! It feels very in-tune with Luna’s name (celestial first + retro chic middle) but still quite a surprise, in a good way. [name_f]Esti[/name_f] is sweet and sparky :sparkles:

6 Likes

It’s not something I’d personally choose, but I’m glad they found something they love! All of their children have very grounded names (nothing that sticks out as a celebrity baby name) so, I think this makes sense for them! [name_f]Esti[/name_f] matches well with the celestial vibe of [name_f]Luna[/name_f], though it’s a bit stylistically different from [name_u]Miles[/name_u] and [name_u]Jack[/name_u]! I enjoy the meaning of “greatest star” as well :blush:

4 Likes

Ooh this is my favorite of their names and I think it clicks well with [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Miles[/name_u], and [name_u]Jack[/name_u] while still being different and going in a different direction :dizzy:

3 Likes

not a chrissy teigen fan, but esti is just darling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: a surprise with the much more popular names that her siblings have, but a very great surprise! i’m hoping esti will rise in use now

6 Likes

It feels very different than their other kids’ names imo. I guess the middle name fits with the others but the first name feels very, very different.

Then again, the idea of a “sibset” is something that doesn’t tend to mean much in real life. So take my comments with a grain of salt.

I’m not personally a fan of the couple (don’t fully know who they are or follow them) but I’m happy their baby arrived safely :heart:

1 Like

ahhh, I’ve been battling the [name_f]Esti[/name_f] D and [name_f]Esti[/name_f] I association for a while :joy: I really don’t think I can overlook it, even though I love the sound and meaning of [name_f]Esti[/name_f]. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] someone was braver than me to use it :joy: I think that I really like [name_f]Esti[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] because of her sister being called Luna; the cheeseball in me loves that the daughters name’s mean mean moon and star :star::full_moon:

4 Likes

To my knowledge, [name_f]Esti[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] doesn’t have the musician nods her siblings do (Nina [name_u]Simone[/name_u] & [name_u]Miles[/name_u] Davis) and that’s a tiny bit disappointing.

2 Likes

On one of the social media sites for Nameberry someone pointed out that it apparently is a swear word, or reminiscent of one……

Before reading that, though nms, I didn’t think it was a bad/ outrageous kind of name.

1 Like

it’s a swear word in quebec, so unless you’re from mainland [name_f]Canada[/name_f] it probably doesn’t matter too much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s certainly a refreshing name for the “star” meaning.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought when seeing this name was actually testis :grimacing: But that’s silly, I still think it’s a great name.

I don’t particularly care for the flow of the sibset with the girls having cosmic :milky_way: names while the boys have really basic names. But it’s not really important in the grand scheme of things.

2 Likes

I think it’s nice.

The model [name_f]Esti[/name_f] Ginzburg is fairly well-known, so it’s not an unfamiliar name to me.

The Quebecois meaning though… :laughing: