Ethan's Brothers?

Hey everyone, don’t know if you’ve read my other [name]Ethan[/name] post but I really love the name [name]Ethan[/name] for a girl (I know, I know, it’s a boy’s name) and I can’t shake the idea of naming a little girl that. Which brings me to the question, if (hypothetically) I named a girl [name]Ethan[/name] what kinds of names could I give her brothers? Obviously sisters would have to have unisex names also but would the boys too? Or would it be acceptable to name them things like [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name]? This one has me stumped so all suggestions and opinions are appreciated:)

If you are going to call a daughter [name]Ethan[/name], I would (personally) use unisex names for any siblings rather than call her brother, say, [name]Thomas[/name]. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] do a really good section in their books on sibling names and what a good idea it is to try and pick names that are similar in “style”.

It is of course your choice in the end! Usually this follows naturally, as people who like an unusual or uconventional name for one child, will go down the same route for the next child.

Let us know!

I agree with [name]Ailsa[/name] – unisex names for the siblings of daughter [name]Ethan[/name] would seem to be the way to go. And, as [name]Ailsa[/name] also said, it’s really your choice.

Of course, you know I have to suggest an anagrammed name: [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Herbert[/name] (anagram of “[name]Ethan[/name]'s brother”).

Hmm… Perhaps [name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name] might make a likely pair of siblings!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

lol [name]Ashton[/name] [name]Herbert[/name]! Actually I quite like [name]Ashton[/name]…

I think it would also be a good idea to keep names unisex for brother’s for [name]Ethan[/name]. If you decided on [name]Ethan[/name] for a girl I’d give her a more feminine middle name.

[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Ashton[/name] work well.

Lets see -

[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Greer[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Finley[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] - this one and [name]Finley[/name] might come across more feminine than [name]Ethan[/name] though, so I’m not sure they’d work best as brothers.
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name] - ditto
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Darby[/name] - ditto
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Arden[/name] - In town we have major cross streets named [name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Arden[/name], I always thought those two names went really well together.
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Devin[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Kinsley[/name] - more feminine to my ears than [name]Ethan[/name].
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Larson[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Mason[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Carter[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name] and [name]Porter[/name]

Well that’s quite a list Disa:) I like [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Parker[/name] best I think. As to middle names for a girl [name]Ethan[/name]…well I would like to give her feminine middle names but somehow I feel like sticking something like [name]Clementine[/name] (as much as I love it) in after just doesn’t flow. [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] isn’t working for me. I prefer [name]Harper[/name]. Thanks heaps for ideas!

Oh and I forgot to say, I love most of the names on that list but prefer them for girls over boys. Lets just hope I have more daughters than sons lol

I love unisex names for girls. My first daughter was almost [name]Quinn[/name]. Had we named her [name]Quinn[/name] we have continued on with the theme. [name]Both[/name] my girls have unisex mn’s and I’m finding a hard time pairing girls names I like with unisex middles that I like or get the DH approval. [name]Auden[/name] nn [name]Audie[/name] would be my first pick but hubby doesn’t like it. :frowning:
Oh yeah, I have I nephew named [name]Ethan[/name] and a nephew named [name]Izaak[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though they are cousins I always though they’re names went well together. [name]Ethan[/name]'s mom likes [name]Tristan[/name] for a boy and [name]Riley[/name] for girl and [name]Izaak[/name]'s mom likes [name]Ezra[/name] and she use to love [name]Eva[/name]. I guess vowel names are taking off in my family.

I would go with names that are clearly more masculine that [name]Ethan[/name]…so probably not names typically listed on “unisex” name lists. Also, I would probably go with less traditional names than [name]Matthew[/name] or [name]Thomas[/name] since [name]Ethan[/name] is such a stand-out name. Some suggestions are [name]August[/name], [name]Declan[/name], [name]Maddox[/name], [name]Arlo[/name] and [name]Auden[/name].