Eva or Iva?

Which do you prefer? I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f], sometimes more than any other name—Eva and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are my top choices usually. However, sometimes I do prefer [name_f]Iva[/name_f], a Bulgarian name that means “willow,” more so. I pronounce them both EE-va.

I like:
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Iva[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

2 Likes

I’m intrigued by [name_f]Iva[/name_f]! It’s clean and chic. As long as the potential EYE-va/EE-va pronunciation confusion wouldn’t bother you too much, my vote goes to [name_f]Iva[/name_f]. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is a lovely international classic though.

1 Like

I love the sweet and charming [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Catherine!!

To me- i would pronounce [name_f]Iva[/name_f] like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] but with an a at the end so I would choose [name_f]Eva[/name_f] as I don’t think this would be mispronounced.

1 Like

[name_f]Iva[/name_f] is really unique ! I really like it !

Personally I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and have considered [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]!

I can’t choose!! I guess if you pinned me in a corner and wouldn’t let me go until I did, I’d say [name_f]Iva[/name_f], but it’s really so close. They’re both amazing choices!! :revolving_hearts:

[name_f]Iva[/name_f] for sure!

[name_f]Iva[/name_f].

I pronounced them EH-va and EYE-va! Because of that, I like Eva Catherine better. I like the MN Catherine lots.:relaxed:

I like [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f] so much!!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I think that if you’re going to say ‘Ee-va’ either way, I’d go w/Eva. It’s lovely, & just easier. If you were to call [name_f]Iva[/name_f] ‘Eye-va’, then that would get my vote. [name_m]Just[/name_m] because it’s more unique & I love the meaning ‘willow’. How pretty! And ‘Ev’ names are so over done, which is another reason why I’d prefer Iva/‘Eye-va’.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

I prefer the look of iva but perhaps eva would be better for avoiding possible pronunciation issues :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] such a classic feminine pretty choice!

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is with [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]! [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is one of the top names on my list and I think that it’s timeless and beautiful.