Evangeline and Genevieve? Too similar?

Hello All,
So with about 7 weeks to go, we’re still very much struggling to come up with a name for our second little girl. Our first daughter’s name is [name]Evangeline[/name] (end sounds like -lynn), and we call her [name]Eva[/name].

Our last name is long and problematic, so we can’t do anything that starts with a hard C or K or ends in S, and I’m pretty insistent of having a name with a good nickname.

We’re seriously considering [name]Genevieve[/name], though I hate [name]Gen[/name]/[name]Genna[/name] and [name]Viv[/name] just doesn’t flow well to me, so I’d consider [name]Neve[/name] or Nevie (or any other potential nickname I haven’t thought of), but I’m worried about [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Neve[/name]/Nevie being too similar. Thoughts?

[name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Sophie[/name]) is a contender too, but hubby doesn’t love that one as much as [name]Genevieve[/name].

Or are there any other names that spring to mind that would fit the style and work with [name]Evangeline[/name]? I feel like I’ve looked through every name list in the universe at least three times.

Thanks so much!!!

I don’t think [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are too similar. I actually think they sound really… Beautiful and classy together.

I personally love [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] together, and I think [name]Neve[/name] is a good nickname for [name]Genevieve[/name], and isn’t too close to [name]Eva[/name] at all. [name]Josephine[/name] is a beautiful name, and I like it with [name]Evangeline[/name], too, but there are just so many [name]Sophie[/name]/Sophias that I don’t think it’s distinct enough to go with [name]Evangeline[/name].

Other suggestions? Maybe [name]Guinevere[/name] nn [name]Gwen[/name]? Or [name]Vera[/name]? I like that especially… or [name]Gwendolen[/name] nn [name]Gwen[/name]/[name]Gwennie[/name].

Maybe [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Melisande[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name] (not a hard c, obviously), [name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Seraphine[/name] (would say this is too similar to [name]Evangeline[/name] but you pronounce yours with a -lynn and not a leen), [name]Vivienne[/name]…

I like the combo for sibs ! I say go for it!

Sorry for the late response, everyone! Sick toddler, trying to prepare for baby #2, and a husband being shipped off to another country for work for a few weeks has made life a bit crazy! I do appreciate all the responses though!

We’re still holding onto [name]Genevieve[/name], but nosamantha’s post reminded me of name we’d previously considered: [name]Vivienne[/name]. Nickname could be [name]Viv[/name], [name]Vivi[/name], or maybe even [name]Vinni[/name].

So…[name]Evangeline[/name] (-lynn) and [name]Vivienne[/name]? [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name]?

Thanks, all!

[name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Eva[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name] are just perfect together!

Yay! Thanks so much!

You are welcome, asquare - good luck! They are both very beautiful, classic names.