Evangeline or Evangelina?

So I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], and yesterday I came across [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] and fell in LOVE with it. But I wonder if it is realistically useable because of its length?

I would also like to know if you prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] and how you would pronounce them.

I think [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is usable. It has plenty of shorter nickname options and flows quite easily imo. I do personally prefer the sleeker feel of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] though

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is perfectly usable! I do prefer the simpler Evangeline; I’m not a huge [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] fan, and [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] just reminds me of that. I am a big fan of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] or even Evangelie, though! I definitely think all 3 are very usable though.

Evangelie - eh-VAN-jeh-lee
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - eh-VAN-jel-leen
[name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] - eh-van-jeh-LEE-nah

Good luck!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is perfectly usable, and very lovely, and if [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] and [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] are accepted named why not [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] too? I do like [name_f]Evangelista[/name_f] and Evangelixta better as “frilly” versions, and I do also ultimately prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] myself because I find it flows better with most middle name options I like.

I say them how they do on Disney’s “Princess and the Frog” so more like an eh-van beginning and the leen. I do like ee-vahn at the start too though, as the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f] prn ee-vee is more likely to stick vs. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] prn eh-vee

1 Like

Both are stunning!

I think [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is completely usable. I would use the same pronunciation as [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] but with the Ev start. I think she’s very elegant, whimsical with a ballerina feminine feel. I think she’s usable party due to all the shorter nicknames that come with her.

I prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] I like the more simplistic sound still I’m a real fan of these ‘Angie’ stuff names such as [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f], [name_f]Angeline[/name_f]. [name_f]Angelina[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] even [name_f]Angela[/name_f] so am always delighted to encounter a [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f]! I have [name_f]Faith[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f] on my list.

1 Like

I’d assume
EE-VAHN-Juh-leen (Evangeline)
And EE-VAHN-Jel-EE-Nuh (Evangelina)

But I’d also quickly adjust to
EE-VAN-Juh-leen or EE-VAN-Jel-EEn

I don’t think [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is too long!

1 Like

I agree with the other posters, definitely not too long! A bit frilly, yes, but not overly so. The pronunciation would confuse me a little bit – it has a non-English vibe, so I might assume it’s pronounced eh-van-geh-lee-nah with a hard G or maybe a Spanish G sound?

I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] a tiny bit more – I pronounce that one eh-van-geh-leen with a soft G!

1 Like

Ee-van-juh-leen(-uh), sometimes if im talking fast the first sound comes out more as an “eh” sound than an “ee” sound.
I think [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f] is totally usable! I’ve had [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] very high on my list before and usually prefer the slightly simpler sound but today I’m actually leaning more towards [name_f]Evangelina[/name_f]. Either is great!
It is a long enough name that you should be prepared for a nickname to happen at some point and be sure you don’t hate the most obvious options just in case she wants to shorten it someday.

1 Like

evangelina is totally usable though i prefer evangeline :lemon:

1 Like