Evangeline

Wondering how most of you would pronounce [name]Evangeline[/name]???

I want to pronounce it like : EE-VANGE-UH-LEAN

Should I spell it differently for that pronunciation?

That’s how I pronounce it–I don’t think you need to (or should) tinker with the spelling.
It could be pronounced Uh-vangeline, but if you tell always say it Ee-vangeline, people will get it.

[name]Don[/name]'t change the spelling! Changing the spelling of such a classic name would just be awful-- it doesn’t in any way make the name better. I pronounce it close to the way you do, and I think it’s a really pretty name.

Ditto. :slight_smile: To me, changing the spelling of the gorgeous [name]Evangeline[/name] would ruin the elegance of this beautiful vintage name and make it look trendy/yooneek.

I think [name]Evangeline[/name] is such a beautiful name. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

It sounds just like it’s spelled, unless you want to emphasize with a J, but that would only help a few slow people who can’t spot the difference between ‘angel’ and ‘angle.’ Everyone else will say it correctly - above noted, some may say ee-van, and some might say uh-van, or eh-van, but I think that is very minor and more like an accent than a mispronunciation.

Oh, that made me laugh, [name]Karen[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: Thats how I thought I should spell it, I just wasn’t sure if I had it right.

I love the name too! She will be [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Isabell[/name].

[name]Isabell[/name] is the middle name of one of my sisters.