Evelina?

It does mean light! That was another appeal to me. [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] is a common middle name in my family and [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is my grandmother’s name. I love that it shares the same meaning but also feels fresh and fits better with my style. I love honor names with a twist.

And yes me too, I absolutely love her! She’s the first person who introduced me to the name :blush: she’s wonderful!

1 Like

Wow! I love it for you even more now! [name_u]Honor[/name_u] names with a twist are so special. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have an [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and both [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] were on my list for my fourth child, [name_f]Estella[/name_f]. I would rank the names [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. For a longer similar sounding but less popular name than [name_f]Luna[/name_f], I love [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], which also happens to be one of Estella‘s middle names :blush:

1 Like

So similar to my [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f], so of course I love [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]! :slight_smile: It’s interesting seeing these names pop up more and more after having [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f] for years and people raising their eyebrows at me. Definitely goes to show how trends change so rapidly! :joy:

I don’t know if you’d have [name_f]Luna[/name_f] & [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] as a sibset, but I don’t like those two names together in a set. [name_f]Lina[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] just feel so incredibly similar, and I feel like I’d get muddled and start calling them [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f]! [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] make an absolutely beautiful set though, I would be absolutely swooning if I were to meet a set with those names… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :white_heart:

Also, just a little thing I found funny, I think we have similar taste!. I named my angel baby [name_u]Briar[/name_u] and I see that’s in your UC, and the aforementioned [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f] vs [name_f]Eveline[/name_f]. :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous! We clearly have some similar tastes! [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is beautiful. It’d likely be too old-fashioned for my husband though. He’s much more modern/fantastical (boys names were almost impossible for us! lol)

1 Like

Omg yes very similar taste! Almost identical. Trends definitely do change, and seemingly overnight! lol also [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes::heart:

I also agree [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] are absolutely stunning together, but [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is a definite #1 for us, as it’s my husband’s favorite. I’m not as concerned about [name_f]Lina[/name_f] as nickname though, as we have a [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] and [name_f]Catalina[/name_f] in our family, who go by [name_u]Caro[/name_u] and Cata. It’s kind of an unintentional family thing, but I quite love it!

As for non-family, they could potentially call her [name_f]Lina[/name_f], but we can always correct them or ask them to refrain from using it. At least until she’s old enough to decide for herself if she likes the nickname. Plus we’d likely call her by her full name a lot. Both of our families are big on nickames that are pretty much only used by family. It’s definitely something to consider though, since I’m not a fan of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Lina[/name_f] together either. This is such a tough choice!!

Yes! Such a beautiful way to balance honoring family and giving your child their own identity :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is great!
Eva-Nora/Evanora I also like

1 Like

How is it pronounced?

1 Like

I’ve loved [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] for years. It’s an incredibly beautiful name. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s been interesting to see it get more attention on Nameberry over the past few months. I hope that’s not a sign that its popularity is about to explode, though I think it’s a bit too unusual/different to appeal to your typical parent.

1 Like

Here’s a video of the Spanish pronunciation: How to pronounce Evelina (Spanish/Argentina) - PronounceNames.com - YouTube

The only real difference from the English pronunciation though is the Spanish accent. The Spanish pronunciation sometimes makes the V sound more like a B (“Eh-bey-leen-ah), but it’s one of those names that translates well across multiple languages.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

And isn’t it funny how names evolve and change! I remember when everyone used to think Luna was too “out there.” I think you’re right though - Evelina likely won’t rise too much, but I’m glad it’s becoming more familiar. Berries always seem to slightly ahead of the curve in terms of seeing/starting trends, so I definitely think it’s one to keep an eye on!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve never heard of Eva-Nora/Evanora but it’s quite pretty! Reminds me of [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f].

[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is so beautiful! [name_f]My[/name_f] 4-yr old daughter is [name_f]Eveline[/name_f] (Ev-uh-leen), slightly less frilly but still elegant and feminine. We get compliments on it from everyone.

1 Like

Thank you! I can see why. [name_f]Eveline[/name_f] is absolutely beautiful :heart: