Evelyn nicknames?

[name]How[/name] would you nickname [name]Evelyn[/name]? I feel like I most often hear [name]Evie[/name] (EE-VEE) which I’ve always liked but is this really a nickname for [name]Evelyn[/name], or a more endearing form of [name]Eve[/name]? I’ve also heard “[name]Evvy[/name]” pronounced with a short E sound, but on that note I feel like you’d have to keep correcting people who think it’s [name]Evie[/name]! Ha, I know nicknames are whatever you choose… just wondering what any of you have heard little Evelyns being nicknamed?

I have heard both. I guess you could go off of the -lyn and just have a nn [name]Lyn[/name] or [name]Lyn[/name]-EE or could even do [name]Line[/name]-EE. The [name]Line[/name] sound isn’t in in the name but neither is the EE of [name]Evie[/name], but people do it all the time.

I think you can use any nickname you like. I don’t believe that nicknames need to be intuitive if they work for you.

That said, [name]Evie[/name], [name]Eve[/name], Vee would be cute.

I like [name]Evy[/name], with a short “e”. I agree with the previous poster - use what you like!