Everett and my accent

I love the name [name_u]Everett[/name_u] nn [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], it has the perfect feel to me and I love the meaning of [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and nickname [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] is one my my favorites, but here is the thing-
I can’t pronounce [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] clearly, with my accent (little bit of a southern drawl) it almost sounds like I’m saying [name_u]Red[/name_u]. So what to do? Take [name_u]Everett[/name_u] off my list? Use [name_u]Red[/name_u] instead of [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]? (I am a redhead as are 90% of my biological family)

Opinions, ideas and suggestions for similar names welcome

• Shouldn’t be a big deal
  • Might be a little confusing
  • [name_m]Just[/name_m] use [name_u]Red[/name_u] instead
  • I’ve got a different suggestion

0 voters

In my opinion, I think that one of the most beautiful aspects of names are the varied pronunciations. A name carries so much personality, and that’s amplified by the beauty of different kinds of voices! So my vote is don’t worry about it, your accent just makes it more unique. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is very handsome, and the only people I’ve met with the name [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] have had fairly heavy southern drawls, and it really worked well for them. I don’t think it’s a big deal at all, people will likely still have a clear idea what name you’re going for.
If, however, you do name a son this and when they’re born the nickname [name_u]Red[/name_u] suits them, that’s also a very cute option for a nickname. In the end I really don’t think you can go wrong.

1 Like

Oh good, this makes me feel a bit better. I’m willing to be a little more “out there” with nicknames since I will be raising my kids on a homestead and will be a bit more secluded than most so I guess even just accepting [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] and [name_u]Red[/name_u] couldn’t hurt ??