Everett for a girl?

I like [name]Everett[/name] for a girl, with the nickname [name]Evie[/name]. Does this feel too masculine? Too trendy, with the last name first thing? I’m also concerned about naming siblings.

Yes, I can see [name]Everett[/name] for a girl but having said that I can see most male names for a girl. This is the same person who single-handedly waged the war to be able to name a girl [name]Ethan[/name] (not that I have or am). I think [name]Evie[/name] is a gorgeous nn and if you really love [name]Everett[/name] than I say stick to your guns and go for it.

As to names for siblings, I had the same problem. Sisters were fine, names like [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] seem to fit well but what to do for the boys? I think either defiantly masculine ex. [name]Charles[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Alistair[/name] or unisex ex. [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Brett[/name] both styles would work.

Some suggestions:

Girls:
[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Lee[/name]
[name]Loren[/name]
[name]Marley[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Presley[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]

Boys:
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Harley[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name]
[name]Reynold[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name]

[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]William[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Everett[/name] is very much a boy name to me. And I love it as a boy name.

I also much prefer [name]Everett[/name] for a boy, but I also tend to think all boy’s names should stay boy’s names.

That being said, it could easily be used for a girl.

Other names that could lead to the nn [name]Evie[/name]:

[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Ever[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Evangelia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Evanna[/name]
Evany
[name]Evette[/name]
[name]Evia[/name]
Evienne
Evora
[name]Ginevra[/name]
Devanie
[name]Seva[/name]
[name]Neva[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]

Good luck to you!

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Everett[/name] for a girl. Great choice. I like slightly masculine names for girls – like [name]Kennedy[/name]. I think they are perfect.

Oh, I would be so sad to see [name]Everett[/name] fall to the girls! :confused:

[name]Everett[/name] is one of my favourites. For a boy.

However, [name]Evie[/name] is an adorable nickname, love it for [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Ginevra[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Everett[/name] is a handsome name for a boy…not a fan of it for a girl.

Everleigh is much more feminine… [name]Evie[/name] is an adorable nn for a girl

[name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Eveline[/name] are also lovely…

I can see some boys’ names on girls, but to me, [name]Everett[/name] is 100% boy.

Some more names you may like:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Blakely[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What about the spelling [name]Everette[/name], to make it a bit more feminine?

That one is actually on my name list :slight_smile:

I prefer this for a boy…but I do love the nn [name]Evie[/name] for a girl :slight_smile:

…now that I could go for. I’m of the boys names are for boys camp.

Thanks for the input everyone. I guess gender-bending names are something you either love or hate. For me, the name makes me think of woman who is equally beautiful and strong. She’s feminine, but she’s cool enough to hang with the boys too. I’m thinking of [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Diaz[/name], or even the characters from those [name]Charlie[/name]'s Angels movies. I think boyish names convey a sense of friendliness that a really fussy name does not.

As for the suggestions, I loooove [name]Harper[/name], and I like the idea of the [name]Everette[/name] spelling too.

As a side note, this study is kind of interesting: Female Lawyers with Masculine Names May Have a Better Shot at Judgeships

I completely agree :slight_smile:

thats such a cute name for a girl and diffrent. definetly pick it

Ok I found this on Namipedia regarding the name [name]Jackson[/name] for a girl. I thought it was pretty funny:

Um… the name itself seems mismatched for a girl. Why must parents continue to degender names??? [name]Jackson[/name] is a strong, MASCULINE name. I wouldn’t name my son [name]Andrea[/name]. Parents need to know when to leave names alone. It takes away from boys named [name]Jackson[/name].
I am hesitating to use [name]Logan[/name] as a name for my son because people are using it for so many girls.

^
This person needs to get over it. Names change genders. They ALWAYS have changed genders. [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Alex[/name], [name]Jamie[/name], [name]Tracy[/name]… big deal. I am a boy named [name]Jackson[/name] and you know, having a few girls share my name doesn’t take away from me one bit. I have no idea why you would even think that it did. If someone does, they need to man up and get over it too!

You have a lot of good reasons for loving this name.

I think should she want a more feminine name down the road, she could easily use [name]Eve[/name], which is really simple but beautiful. [name]Evie[/name] is cute but she may prefer [name]Eve[/name] when she’s older.

I think the fact that this name gives three name options ([name]Everett[/name], [name]Evie[/name], and [name]Eve[/name]) its a great option for you, and for her!

What are you thinking for middles?

I wuld use [name]Everett[/name] for a girl but think i would prefer [name]Everly[/name] (which i think is also a Boys name) x