Everly or Evolet?

Which name would you pick for a girl and why?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you get different images or associations?

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] or [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]?

Would you change spellings?

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]! Intriguing, poetic and sleek. It gives me a hint of magic and mystique, but with [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Evy[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as nn, it feels grounded enough.

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] is nice too, but it feels popular, on trend - a bit sparkly and glitzy, a bit cowgirl, feels a bit sporty too?

2 Likes

I’ve always liked [name_f]Evolet[/name_f] a lot! It feels magical yet grounded, like a strong nature princess. I also like that it reminds me of violets. Plus it has so many cute nicknames. For that reason, [name_f]Evolet[/name_f] gets my vote!

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] doesn’t stand out to me, personally. I like that it has “ever” in it, but since it got popular so quickly it feels a little overdone to me. I also associate it with family influencers since that’s where I feel like I see the name most often, which I personally don’t like.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]!

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] was the first name I ever fell in love with. I was in middle school and heard it and thought it was the prettiest name in the whole world. I still think it’s pretty, but worry about it’s potential trendiness.

I think I like [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]! How do you pronounce it? Ev-oh-let? Very similar to [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but I like the reorganization of letters. I agree with pp about the potential nicknames being lovely.

1 Like

[name_f]Everly[/name_f]! I know it’s trendy now, but I love the magical sounds!

2 Likes

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] is one of those names a lot of people seem to love but I’ve never been able to get on board with. It very much feels trendy and like it could feel dated in a decade. Although, it does sound very similar to some timeless classics like [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Beverly[/name_f], so. :woman_shrugging: [name_f]My[/name_f] impression of it might have more to do with who I know in real life who have used it for their kids.

I’ve never heard [name_f]Evolet[/name_f] used before but it is intriguing (in a good way) and I love all of the nickname potentials that @Greyblue mentioned. It reminded me of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] at first reading, but with the advantage of being a bit more unexpected. It sounds sort of feminine and elegant but edgy at the same time? Évolet gets my vote.

1 Like

I have a soft spot for both :pleading_face:

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] is more gentle to me, it reminds me of ivy, summer months, jungles. It may be a bit more trendy but it’s a classic beauty with such cute nickname opportunities like “Ever” and “Veve”

[name_f]Evolet[/name_f] is more poetic as @Greyblue said best :blush: It’s definitely unique while still staying graceful and soft!! It reminds me of the name [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and some lovely nicknames could be “Eve”, “Lettie”, and “Volet”!

2 Likes

I would choose [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. I have never heard of [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]. [name_f]Everly[/name_f] is sweet and spunky. I do like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] though if you are looking for a suggestion other than [name_f]Evolet[/name_f].

1 Like

Of these two, I would pick [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. I wouldn’t change the spellings for either one. I find both really likeable and I love the sound of both, but I’m not a huge fan of any name spelled backward, it just seems rather kitschy and contrived, although I do find Evolet’s sound and visual aesthetic much more appealing than something like [name_f]Nevaeh[/name_f] or [name_f]Semaj[/name_f]. (From what I understand, it was “the love” spelled backward and then the “H” was dropped to make it more visually appealing.) I love the look of [name_f]Everly[/name_f] and it’s a lot of fun to say, but I do wish it had more legitimacy/gravitas (?) to her? I’m not sure what I imagine an [name_f]Evolet[/name_f] to be like, maybe artistic and free-spirited and intelligent. [name_f]Everly[/name_f] is friendly and kind and smart and creative. More of a social butterfly than an artist, though, I think.

If I could add a third option, though, I would opt for [name_f]Evodie[/name_f]. From best I can tell, she’s a [name_m]French[/name_m] variant of a woman named in one of Paul’s epistles in the Bible (Euodia in Greek, I believe). She’s lyrical and light and sweet and creative and sensitive and loving. She is by far my favorite of the trio. But if it’s only between [name_f]Everly[/name_f] and [name_f]Evolet[/name_f], I would pick [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. (I also believe [name_f]Evolet[/name_f] came from a film of some sort, and while I know it’s rather hypocritical, I’m much more ok with naming a kid after a name a writer of a novel created over a name created for a film or television show. I blame the authoress in me lol.)

Good luck!

2 Likes

Nms but I think I prefer [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. I should prefer [name_f]Evolet[/name_f] in theory, as it shares more sounds and a similar structure to other names I like, but it sounds like a product / brand name to me. So I’m gonna go [name_f]Everly[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Everly[/name_f] for me! I don’t love invented names. I know [name_f]Everly[/name_f] is so popular but to me it’s the [name_f]Emily[/name_f] of this generation- melodic, feminine but adventurous, light-hearted and wholesome. She gives me imagery of flowing forest streams. Plus, there’s the association of the [name_f]Everly[/name_f] Brothers, which led my husband to choose it as our daughter’s middle name :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Everly[/name_f]

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Everly[/name_f]. She’s a bit popular and trendy, but to my ears she sounds whimsical, gentle, and playful. [name_f]Evolet[/name_f], unfortuantely, reminds me of Chevrolet and I can’t get past that.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]! I haven’t met any yet, and [name_f]Everly[/name_f] is already such a popular name (which isn’t bad, just my thoughts process!) so I would go for [name_f]Evolet[/name_f]! It’s so cool and cute for a little girl. Though I think if I ever did have an [name_f]Everly[/name_f], I would go with [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Evolet[/name_f] is a gorgeous name :purple_heart:. I’ve also heard of the [name_f]Evoleht[/name_f] spelling which is literally “the love” backwards. So I think this name is pretty clever.

2 Likes

Evolet!!! beautiful and unique, I read it as ev-uh-lay

1 Like