Everly?

One of my family members is expecting a baby, and she is considering the name [name]Everly[/name] if it is a girl. I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on this name. [name]Do[/name] you like it, or not? Why, or why not? Let me know! I personally am not really a fan, but I am curious of others’ thoughts. Thanks!

I don’t like it. It’s trendy, surnamey, and cutesy sounding. I can see the appeal, though, and I predict it’ll get popular soon–maybe a new [name]Harper[/name] or [name]Kaylee[/name]. Does it appeal to her because of the [name]Evie[/name] nickname? If so, there’s always [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], or [name]Genevieve[/name].

I actually like it. First time I’ve ever seen [name]Everly[/name] as a first name and I think it’s quite unique. It’s a beautiful name anyway and as a first name I think it will be a definite stand-out. [name]Lovely[/name]!

I see the appeal in the sound of it but it seems too much like an adverb to me. Especially ‘loverly’ from My Fair Lady