Expecting 1st daughter help with "M" issue

[name]Hi[/name] everyone, I’ve been browsing the message boards for a while since I became pregnant but didn’t decide to post until I found the sex, which I just did and it’s a girl. Here is my problem, I love the name [name]Madeline[/name] (I know its popular but I’ve always loved it) and really want to use it. The only thing that slightly bothers me is the fact that my name is [name]Miranda[/name], my husband’s name is [name]Mark[/name] and my son is named [name]Mark[/name] as well after my husband so is another “M” name too much? I don’t really have a problem with it, I just feel like people will think that we purposely planned on this theme, which we didn’t. We plan on having more kids (ideally 4) and our future names deviate from the “M” theme, as of right now they are [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Edward[/name]. I guess my main question is should I stick to the name I love, [name]Madeline[/name] or use [name]Lydia[/name], the name I picked should I have another daughter, which I like very much but not as much as [name]Madeline[/name] to avoid 4 of us all having “M” names. While I’m at it I may as well ask, do you think these four names go well as future possible siblings ?

I think it’s just fine, especially if future children don’t have an M initial. It’s not like you’re all starting with the letter Q anyway, I don’t think it’s really all that terribly conspicuous.
My partner’s family actually has a similar situation, Mom, Dad, and first two children are all J names, followed by a B and an A. The children are all grown, and trust me, the 4 J’s isn’t really a pressing topic of conversation. You’re fine!

Ok, thank you! That makes me feel better about using [name]Madeline[/name] since I do really love it. Out of curiosity, does anyone know any good nicknames for [name]Madeline[/name] besides [name]Maddie[/name]? Because I’m really not a fan of that one and I can’t come up with anything else.

If [name]Madeline[/name] is what you love then use it. I dont think it is a big deal at all. As for nns more [name]Madeline[/name] go…[name]Addie[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Del[/name]/[name]Delle[/name].

Use [name]Madeline[/name] :slight_smile: It’s a lovely name and you adore it, and that is much more important than others thinking you intended on a hokey theme.

I’d say the only thing you’d have to worry about is having only three children and [name]Lydia[/name] feeling left out. But if you’re planning on adding a [name]Gabriel[/name], too then that’s not a big deal at all.

Good luck!

[name]Madeline[/name] nn [name]Elin[/name]

My gramma and her sister named all of their children with K names–[name]Kevin[/name], [name]Kurtis[/name], [name]Kieth[/name], [name]Kerri[/name] and cousins [name]Kim[/name] and [name]Kathy[/name]. I’m afraid it was on purpose lol.

However, my in-laws were all named J names, save the last unexpected addition–[name]James[/name], [name]Judy[/name], [name]Janice[/name] (my [name]MIL[/name])…and [name]Rhonda[/name]! She may have felt left out as a kid, but later appreciated being different.

Your kids will thrive either way! [name]Lydia[/name] is a gorgeous name, but if [name]Madeline[/name] is the name for her, go for it!

No, I don’t think it’s too many Ms in one family. Also, I don’t think [name]Madeleine[/name] / [name]Madaleine[/name] is too popular. [name]Trust[/name] me, we chose [name]Sophia[/name]. Now that is popular. As is [name]Isabelle[/name]. [name]Isabelle[/name] is insanely popular. [name]Madeleine[/name], I think is fine. A beautiful name which my husband hates! I love it!

[name]Laine[/name]
[name]Lainey[/name]

I think both are very pretty and I agree with you 100% about not liking [name]Maddie[/name] or [name]Mattie[/name]. It’s the reason my husband won’t let me “have” [name]Madeleine[/name].