'F' Poll

Haha, [name]Jill[/name]! You make me laugh:) I’m sorry [name]Felicity[/name] didn’t make it, please don’t be too upset. Thank-you for your support of [name]Francesca[/name], she seems to be the favourite of this poll. As to [name]Genevieve[/name]… I’m not sure yet, I’m still working on my 'G’s.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name], I do believe this is the longest conversation we’ve ever had!

The difference between [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] for me mainly comes down to age, I think. I can see [name]Juliette[/name] on a person of any age, from a baby girl to a sixty-year-old woman but [name]Julia[/name] starts at 30 to me. I seriously cannot see [name]Julia[/name] on anyone younger. I will work on that though, maybe it’ll change, you never know. There are a few other reasons but I won’t get into those now, you’ll just have to wait 'til the ‘J’ poll!

I’m liking [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Harper[/name], [name]Lemon[/name]:slight_smile: [name]Genevieve[/name] is a name I’ve been slowly warming to and I’m still trying to decide which pronunciation I like best. This combo is very creative though and I think both names balance each other wonderfully. This has got me thinking… As to [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Cassandra[/name], well they’re lovely but not for me. I spoke of my feelings on [name]Penelope[/name] in my post about the name [name]Aurora[/name], in some detail so all relevant information is there. [name]Cassandra[/name] is very, very pretty but a bit… heavy, for me.

[name]Varda[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] is awesome! I think [name]Varda[/name] is a punk-rocker’s name though, or of some deprived child heroine’s from an exotic horror movie. It is definitely something! Oh, it sounds spacey! Yes, that’s it. Like [name]Star[/name] Wars-ish. Wait, Darth [name]Vada[/name]! Sorry! I’m really liking the pink idea though, [name]Lemon[/name]. [name]Rosa[/name] is another one, could [name]Rosa[/name] work?

I think I will add another mn to [name]Sara[/name] Friday then! I [name]LOVE[/name] your suggestion of [name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Catherine[/name]! That makes me smile just looking at it, it feels like such a happy name:) And it means ‘pure princess’. Perfect.

To be honest I’m not 100% on Fyvie either, yet. I think a few more years of smelling those roses will just about do it though! I’m loving [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Fleur[/name] with Fyvie and Friday! I could have a hippie ‘F’ theme! And fear not, [name]Mara[/name] will not be needed! [name]Sara[/name], [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Vera[/name]:slight_smile:

Cheers, [name]Lemon[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Charlie[/name],

I know! This conversation is quite in depth, but this is why I love Nameberry, you know?

1. Well, I see what you mean, to an extent. I see [name]Juliet[/name] on the younger crowd, stopping at about 25 or 30. She’s really at her prime during the [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] years, I think. And, perhaps I’m biased, but one of my best friends is called [name]Julia[/name] ([name]Julia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]), so I can see it on a younger person - I’ve known her for awhile. It’s up to you, though!

2. Yeah! [name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Harper[/name]! [name]Jill[/name] will sure be glad you are liking [name]Genevieve[/name], too, I think. I agree that [name]Cassandra[/name] is a whole lot of name, but I still think it is pretty. And, I’d probably never use [name]Penelope[/name], either! I just liked the sound of it, I guess.

3. I know, you’d need a special kid to pull off [name]Varda[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]! But, it is darn cool, right? Sure! You could totally use [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], or even [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], or [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - well, maybe not that last one. Anything to soften up [name]Floyd[/name] is game in my book.

4. [name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Catherine[/name] is my favorite name on your list right now, of this thread. We need to come up with cool combinations for, what are they, [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Vera[/name]? Awesome!

Take care! I’m off to breakfast…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name],

That is exactly why I love NB! I love meeting and talking to people who could be any age, gender, ethnicity or religion about things we are all passionate about (wow that sounded P.C!). I mean it though, I think NB is such a great environment, everyone is kind and thoughtful and encouraging and you really do make some good friends.

I’m going to fast-forward straight to number four here because it’s got me excited! I’m in love with [name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Catherine[/name] and would be so delighted to find equally amazing combos for [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Vera[/name]! What do you think? Care to help? I think we would make a pretty good team, [name]Lemon[/name]:slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Charlie[/name], sorry for my late reply to yours!
First thing, love [name]Juliette[/name] nn [name]Jem[/name]!! I think nn [name]Rosie[/name] is such a sweet nn but imagining someone introduce themselves as [name]Juliette[/name] and then say, ‘but you can call me [name]Rosie[/name]’ seems a tad strange, I can’t help still loving it though. [name]Just[/name] for the nn [name]Jem[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] as shot right up my list!

Also love [name]Chess[/name] and Frenchie for [name]Francesca[/name], still love [name]Francesca[/name] most but I see what you are saying about more people being known by their full names, in fact, I met the most adorable [name]William[/name] the other day.

I agree that the meaning of [name]Floyd[/name] is not so great and I know you are big on meanings but maybe the fact that you like [name]Floyd[/name] partly because of [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] is sort of like a meaning for it. I have no idea if that makes any sense though.

By the way, I am sorry if this messes things up at all for you, but I am changing my bote for [name]Floyd[/name], [name]Flo[/name] is such a cool nn, and with [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], just wow.

With [name]Floyd[/name] as a first name I like:
[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Calandra[/name]

as a mn I like
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Varda[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - was it [name]Lemon[/name] that came up with this, genius!
[name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - love your name so much!
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]

sorry if they aren’t really your style, I had fun though! :slight_smile:

• [name]Elena[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Charlie[/name]!

I got so caught up in your boy poll I forgot to check back here! So, let’s get kicking, eh?

[name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Catherine[/name]

So, you could continue an F theme. I love [name]Fable[/name]! What do you think? I think it is whimsical, subtly feminine, charming, and unexpected. Or, to honor [name]Florence[/name], you could use the cute short forms, [name]Flory[/name] and [name]Florie[/name]! Certainly sweet, but not as whimsical as Friday and [name]Fable[/name], right? Another that sounds maybe a bit too uppity is [name]Fairfax[/name], but I adore it because of the connection to The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name], via [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name]. Not the most feminine of choices, though. Or, you could always go with [name]Florence[/name], herself! Or, you could use Faerie, which I suggested before…

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Fable[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Nora[/name] Faerie [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Flory[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

Or, try something whimsical, natural, and feminine, like:

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Season[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]

Or, I thought of something new! Alliteration!

[name]Sara[/name] [name]Story[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Navy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Valley[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]

Like any of those?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elena[/name]:slight_smile:

What’s that? You’re now loving [name]Juliette[/name] with the nn [name]Jem[/name]? Woohoo!! My work here is done:) I admit, it would be a little strange if you met someone, were introduced and then they said to call them by a completely different name but that wasn’t exactly how I’d imagined the whole thing going down. Lots of people in my family are named one thing and then called something completely different, in fact it’s more like a family tradition. So for me it’s not weird at all, which in itself is odd:) If I had a [name]Juliette[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] I would always introduce her as [name]Rosie[/name], she would do the same for herself and everyone who knows her would call her [name]Rosie[/name]. [name]Juliette[/name] would be what she’s registered as at school, so on the first day of roll call she would have to say ‘[name]Rosie[/name]’ and from then on it would be read out as [name]Rosie[/name]. [name]Juliette[/name] would be on all documents and [name]Juliette[/name] would be what I’d call her if she was in trouble. Then she could chose which she wanted to be called when she’d grown up. [name]Hope[/name] that wasn’t a completely muddled explanation…

You’re changing your vote to [name]Floyd[/name]? Awesome! (I think she needs all the support she can get in this poll. [name]Frankie[/name] is so far ahead of the competition she can’t even see them anymore!) I totally understand what you mean about [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] being the meaning for [name]Floyd[/name], it makes sense and gives [name]Floyd[/name] that special something. I’m just deciding if, as a child, I would rather be given the name that didn’t mean anything literally but meant a lot sentimentally as a first or middle. Hmmm… Think I’m still undecided on that. The nn [name]Flo[/name] really makes it though:)

Out of your combos, I’m loving:

[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name] - uber-cool! Oh my goodness. I just looked this up and it is PERFECT! I actually means ‘love [name]Floyd[/name]’ together! I couldn’t ask for more.
[name]Floyd[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - stunning.

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - for obvious reasons
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - [name]CASH[/name]-uh is so beautiful
[name]Rosa[/name] & [name]Varda[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - the ultimate tribute name
[name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] - very colourful

Thank-you for you reply, your vote for [name]Floyd[/name], your suggestions and most of all [name]Kerensa[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Yeah, I am now thinking [name]Juliette[/name] nn [name]Jem[/name] (and I totally get what you mean about rosie now) and I was especially loving it since my mum is [name]Julie[/name] so I thought that it would be the perfect way to honour her, but it turns out that she would feel really weird if I onoured her in a future childs name, she’d rather just love the names I choose. Still adore it though, definitely looking forward to the J poll!

I’m really happy you like [name]Floyd[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name], [name]Kerensa[/name] is definitely in my top ten names (and it’s pretty hard to get up there) amazing meaning as well :slight_smile:

So ‘G’ poll next, that sounds tough, I really don’t know how you do it, [name]Charlie[/name]!

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] lemon:)

On [name]Fable[/name], [name]Florie[/name], [name]Fairfax[/name] and Faerie… I do like all of them and I appreciate them for their style but I’m not in love with any to be honest. As cute as [name]Florie[/name] is, it’s only a nn to me. [name]Fable[/name] I want to love but I’m just not feeling it for some reason, I can’t work out what it is about it that’s putting me off. [name]Fairfax[/name] and Faerie don’t sound like they could be actual names to me. Faerie I just can’t take seriously and would worry about certain associations and [name]Fairfax[/name] is the name of a huge multimedia company so although I love its sound it’s just not for me.

Okay, onto the combos!

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Fable[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Season[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]

These are my favourites, all beautiful and they have inspired me [name]Lemon[/name]! So instead of going into my thoughts on them I shall share what I’ve come up with, k? I’ve done a sib-set for each name plus some others…

[name]Faith[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Columbia[/name]
[name]May[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name]

Fyvie
[name]Jonquil[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Florentine[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name] [name]Carys[/name]

I’m still not sure about a sib-set [name]Floyd[/name] or [name]Florence[/name] though… Anyway my brain is fried now so that’s all I’ve got for the moment! And thanks for all your input [name]Lemon[/name], you’re so good with names:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Okay, time to wrap this one up. The winner of the ‘F’ poll is (drum roll, please) … [name]Francesca[/name]! By a landslide, actually, with [name]Florence[/name] a distant second. Time for the G’s now!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]! Also like [name]Frederica[/name] and [name]Fallyn[/name].

Friday’s kind of interesting, too, in an offbeat sort of way. Maybe good for a middle name?

I voted [name]Floyd[/name] for a boy. F names for girls that I like are:

[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Finola[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Flossie[/name]
[name]Feodosia[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
Fiala
[name]Fiorella[/name]
[name]Florina[/name]

I voted for [name]Francesca[/name], but I also really like [name]Fiona[/name].