'F' Poll

See the results of this poll: Which one’s your favourite?

Respondents: 57 (This poll is closed)

• Faith: 3 (5%)
  • Francesca: 23 (40%)
  • Floyd: 3 (5%)
  • Friday: 7 (12%)
  • Florence: 14 (25%)
  • Felicia: 7 (12%)

[name]Charlie[/name], I voted for [name]Felicia[/name]…what a beautiful name! You also don’t hear it too often. I love the meaning…Latin for “lucky.”

I voted for [name]Francesca[/name]–lovely. I’ve never heard of [name]Floyd[/name] for a girl though; that seems rather strange to me. My favorite F name for a girl at the moment is [name]Fiona[/name].

I voted for [name]Florence[/name]. It’s the only “F” name I would ever consider as a first name.

[name]Charlie[/name],

I couldn’t vote for any of these F names, to be honest! I like [name]Frances[/name], [name]Flora[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name] best for F names, personally. With [name]Alice[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Diana[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name], I’d choose either [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Flora[/name], though. Let’s go with [name]Flora[/name], then, because it is feminine, elegant, spunky, and sassy!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Felicia[/name] but I think my favorite F names are [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name].

I agree with the previous poster, my favorite ‘F’ names are [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name], plus [name]Freya[/name].

I voted for [name]Florence[/name], so pretty!

My other favourite F names are [name]Flora[/name], [name]Finola[/name], [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Freya[/name].

[name]Fiona[/name] is definitely my favorite ‘F’ name. I chose Friday in your poll, basically because I like unique names. But [name]Fiona[/name] is the best. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Faith[/name] best (great meaning), but I also love [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Finola[/name].

I choice [name]Florence[/name] because [name]Flora[/name] is one of my favourite F names, maybe the favourite. I also love [name]Freya[/name], [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name].

Wow, thank-you everyone for all the responses so far! You’ve come out in force, some with brutal honesty (not looking at anyone lemon), but that’s exactly what I wanted, I love hearing what everyone else thinks to be able to see all sides of a name.

I feel the need to defend some of my choices though, as a few of them surprised some people.

[name]Faith[/name]: I’m not really a religious person but I love, love [name]Faith[/name]. To me the name sounds comforting, trustworthy and reliable, it’s so warm and strong. [name]Faith[/name] is something you can always count on so I imagine someone named [name]Faith[/name] would seem solid, an all round great person.

[name]Francesca[/name]: [name]Frankie[/name] is a star! No wonder she’s winning:) Carving it up out there! [name]Francesca[/name] is special to me because it has the same meaning as my name (according to some sources), it’s also a very balanced name; exotic but still familiar, soft and flowing but depth, pretty and feminine without being over frilly. Not to mention all the fantastic nn’s to boot:)

[name]Floyd[/name]: Okay, I sense people aren’t exactly falling head over heels for [name]Floyd[/name] but I have my reason for loving it. I’m a HUGE, and I mean HUGE fan of [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] (for anyone who hasn’t heard of them, how’s that rock you’re living under working out for you?). Now [name]Pink[/name] doesn’t have the greatest name potential so I turned to [name]Floyd[/name], which I adore… but only for a girl. I’m perfectly aware that it is traditionally a boys name but to me it sounds ancient and decidedly un-cool on a boy whereas for a girl it has a quirky charm, it packs quite a punch for one syllable and it gives her a lot of character. I would only ever use it as a mn though, I’m not that brave or cruel:)

Friday: Another musical reference here but I love the name for other reasons also. It was the song ‘Friday I’m in [name]Love[/name]’ by The Cure that first brought Friday as a name to my attention and it’s just grown on me since then, so much:) To me it’s one of the best whimsical names out there. It’s fun, friendly and care-free, forever young. As much as I love it though, I’d only ever consider it as a mn.

[name]Florence[/name]: [name]Florence[/name] is so refined and sophisticated, this name exudes effortless cool to me. Apart from it’s sound and image it has a lot else going for it too; it’s a reference to the admirable [name]Florence[/name] Nightingale, shares its name with a beautiful Italian city and it’s a family name for me. Adding to that its fabulous meaning; how could I not love it?

[name]Felicia[/name]: A beautiful and evocative name that so many people appreciate, I love it for it’s meaning ‘lucky’ and its bright, bubbly and bold image. [name]Felicia[/name] sounds like an exotic princess to me, with long, dark, flowing hair who everyone falls in love with:)

Now they reasons behind them do you like them a bit more? I’d also like to thank everyone for sharing your favourite ‘F’ names too:) The overall favourites so far seem to be [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] which I have mixed opinions on. [name]Fiona[/name], I want to like but I can only associate it with the Fionas I’ve met, all of whom have been rather weird, uninteresting people. I’m sure one day I’ll meet a fantastic [name]Fiona[/name] and be able to appreciate the name:) [name]Felicity[/name] is lovely but I prefer [name]Felicia[/name] because I just feel it has that little bit extra, if you know what I mean and [name]Flora[/name] is very sweet too but still a little too ‘old-lady’ for me and [name]Flora[/name] is a brand of margarine here.

Thanks again everyone, keep the responses and votes coming!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

P.S: [name]Just[/name] joking about the rock comment guys:) But seriously, look them up.

[name]Ah[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], I’m ashamed now! Ha! Honestly, though, I’m not. When I put lists of names up here, I’d want people to tell me like it is, too! I loved reading your reasons, so here are my responses!

[name]Faith[/name]: I understand your image of [name]Faith[/name] as a person who is warm, caring, and dependable. I see that, too. For me, [name]Faith[/name] reminds me of [name]Faith[/name] [name]Hill[/name], not that I’m really a fan, though she’s just fine. She embodies the name, I suppose. Part of my issue with [name]Faith[/name] is that it seems almost too word-like to me, you know? I grant you that it definitely seems fresher than, say, [name]Hope[/name], but at the same time, it doesn’t. There is a girl in one of my classes called [name]Faith[/name], and every time my professor says her name - which she did today multiple times - I cringe (well, maybe not quite cringe) a little bit. There is just something about [name]Faith[/name] that gets me the wrong way, but I can’t quite pinpoint why! It’s so frustrating, because it is a nice enough name! I guess, in a way, I feel like [name]Grace[/name] is a similar name that has more substance.

[name]Francesca[/name]: I totally agree with your description of [name]Francesca[/name]! She’s charismatic and warm, popular and intelligent, elegant and spunky! [name]Francesca[/name] sounds feminine and soft yet still strong and anchored. And, it does have a plethora of nickname options! When I was in the third grade living in [name]England[/name] - I’m from the US - I had a friend called [name]Francesca[/name], and she was just lovely. She was fun and witty, interesting and bright, and she made me feel at home in a place I wasn’t altogether comfortable with, yet. So, yes, I think [name]Francesca[/name] is a nice name, but it isn’t personally for me - weird, because I find [name]Frances[/name] moderately appealing. Maybe it is the “chess” that gets me? Couldn’t say.

[name]Floyd[/name]: I love the idea of honoring a hobby or something you love! In that sense, [name]Floyd[/name] is a darn cool name! I agree - on a boy, it sounds terribly dated and dreadfully dumpy. But, on a girl, it sounds a bit fresher, yes. Thankfully, you are a kind soul who’d never give a girl [name]Floyd[/name] as a first name, but I agree with you that, if paired with the right feminine first name, it could be pretty awesome pairing! [name]Floyd[/name] reminds me of my dad’s middle name, [name]Boyd[/name], one my mom still regrets not giving me…

Friday: What a sweet reason, again! Friday is a cool name. Whereas [name]Sunday[/name] is sweet and angelic, soft and gentle, Friday is a bit of a rough-houser, one who speaks her mind and doesn’t fear a thing. Whereas [name]Tuesday[/name] is quiet and quirky, peculiar and pretty, Friday is sassy and spunky, confident and charismatic. I definitely see the appeal, but, as you said, let’s keep this as a middle name!

[name]Florence[/name]: I don’t know what the meaning is of this name! Oh! It’s “prosperous.” Yes, definitely a good one. I like [name]Florence[/name] Nightingale and all - she’s pretty cool - but I’d use the sassy Nightingale, personally, to honor her. Maybe a bit of alliteration, a la [name]Natalia[/name] Nightingale? Not sure. [name]Florence[/name], [name]Italy[/name], certainly is beautiful, but I couldn’t name my child for it, for personal reasons. When I first went there, we couldn’t find a toilet save for a hole in the floor, and I outright refused to go to the bathroom in a hole! Needless to say, I was very, very uncomfortable until we finally got to our hotel hours later. I was about eight at the time, so cut me some slack. :wink: I do like that [name]Florence[/name] is a family name for you, and who am I to rat on your family names? But, at the end of the day, I still can’t get “cool” out of [name]Florence[/name].

[name]Felicia[/name]: Your [name]Felicia[/name] sounds like my [name]Arabella[/name]! I definitely agree with your princess-inspired description of [name]Felicia[/name]! I just think, when paired with your A, B, C, D, and E names, [name]Felicity[/name] “works” a bit better. [name]Felicia[/name] also reminds me of felines and [name]Feliz[/name] [name]Navidad[/name]! Ha! I wonder why [name]Felicity[/name] doesn’t carry the same connotations for me. Perhaps the whole American Girl doll thing is too strong? Anyway, I do think [name]Felicia[/name] is beautiful and feminine and chic, but, personally, whenever I hear the name, all I can think of is cats! Peculiar…

Okay, then! That’s my piece. I guess your reasons have turned me over toward Friday and [name]Floyd[/name], and maybe - just maybe! - [name]Felicia[/name], despite the cats. Have a lovely night, [name]Charlie[/name]!

Oh! Two more F names I like - [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Finola[/name].

PS I just really dug myself into a hole, now, didn’t I? :wink:

Oh, [name]Lemon[/name] you dug no such thing! I admire your honesty and straightforward approach to commenting on NB, I think it’s just what people need:) And I was smiling all the way through reading your reply so there was no offense taken there:)

I’m being lazy so I won’t go into detail about your reply to my reply to your reply (my, what a chain!), hope you don’t mind:) I do have some comments to make though.

On [name]Faith[/name], I understand what you mean about it rubbing you the wrong way, we all have names that do it. And, despite my love and respect for it, I can’t see myself using it. For starters I couldn’t think of any mn to balance it and I would never use it as a mn at risk of it sounding like a cliche.

On Friday and [name]Floyd[/name], I’m stoked I’ve converted you! Care to take a look at the kind of thing I had planned with them?

[name]Floyd[/name] would be used as a mn in a sib-set which all had pop culture references. For example:

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

Friday would be similarly be used as a mn in a sib-set with hippie-esque themes. For example:

[name]Sara[/name] Friday
[name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Dream[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] Fyvie

Not really sure on this one though. Any thoughts?

On [name]Florence[/name], I haven’t been to the place so your experience did make me laugh a little:) Maybe paying it a visit will affect my view on the name too, who knows. And I did think about Nightingale as a name, it just seems very… out there.

I think that’s all for now, I think. Oh, and on your [name]Emmeline[/name] poll, I voted [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]. It’s absolutely gorgeous:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I got so excited when I saw this post!!

Another tough choice coming ahead though :slight_smile:

[name]Faith[/name]- Such a lovely virtue, one syllable names aren’t my favourite sort, but as one syllable favourites go, this ranks high. I have a bit of a thing for names ending with -ith; [name]Ardith[/name], [name]Edith[/name], [name]Meredith[/name], [name]Faith[/name] definitely sounds the happiest though :slight_smile:

[name]Francesca[/name]- love so much, sounds royal and grand without being too prissy, at least thats what I think. I don’t love any of the nicknames as much as [name]Francesca[/name] itself though, so I’d probably be hesitant to use it, in fear of [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Frankie[/name], not nns that I dislike, just not as much as [name]Francesca[/name].

[name]Floyd[/name]- I think you’d have to be a super cool girl to pull this off, but I’m not against using it. Actually, it’s growing on me already. I can’t quite imagine anyone being called [name]Floyd[/name], I think if I did, I’d be able to form more of an opinion on it. I do like it with a really girly middle, like [name]Floyd[/name] [name]Celestia[/name] (I know you like that one:) )

• I’ve just read you would only use it in a mn position, I still really like Celstia [name]Floyd[/name] though :slight_smile:

Friday- My favourite day name! I think this sounds fun and feminine and so so cool. My only problem with day names is that being called Friday on a friday might be pretty hard to cope with. Other than that I love it :slight_smile:

[name]Florence[/name]- Another F name that I just adore! I love everything about it. [name]Florrie[/name]/ [name]Flory[/name]/ [name]Flossie[/name] are such great nns. I think it is a name that would suit all ages, it is familiar but not overly popular, I can’t see any problems with it! Ooh and love the meaning of “flourishing, prosperous”

[name]Felicia[/name]- I love this quite a lot more than [name]Felicity[/name], I like how much softer it sounds and I love so many names ending in -ia. I think [name]Felicia[/name] sounds beautiful and exotic. My favourite nn would be Fliss and the meaning lucky is so so cool.

For me, the decision is between [name]Felicia[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] and possibly [name]Floyd[/name]. This must be the hardest yet! I think I’m going to go with [name]Felicia[/name], yep [name]Felicia[/name] is my winner :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Charlie[/name] for another ace poll, I’m already looking forward to the next one!

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

*I didn’t read all of the comments before when I posted this so I just want to say [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] and The Cure? Now I love your music taste as well as your name taste! And I also love your sibling thoughts of [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Harper[/name] &
[name]Sara[/name] Friday, [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Dream[/name], [name]Nora[/name] Fyvie.

[name]Charlie[/name],

About [name]Florence[/name] - I’m sure it isn’t the same anymore, or actually it might be. It was just this one place when I was eight years old, and, yeah, it was a nightmare! Ha!

Sure, I’d love to take a look at what you’ve planned for [name]Floyd[/name] and Friday! Cool!

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

Well, I’m not sure if these are actually the first names you’d use, but I like it! Only one issue with the middles - [name]Harper[/name] is becoming a legitimate girl’s name, whereas [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Floyd[/name] are still more masculine. Would you want to find a more masculine middle name for the third girl? Not sure…

As for the names themselves, I think something ending in -a would best compliment [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Floyd[/name], along the lines of [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Regina[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], or something. [name]Harper[/name] is a different story, as I really like the sound of [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Harper[/name]! However, it could be sweet to do something like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Regina[/name] [name]Floyd[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Harper[/name] - is that cute? Well, now I’m not sold on [name]Regina[/name]. Oh! Whatever. You get the picture…

[name]Sara[/name] Friday
[name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Dream[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] Fyvie

[name]Sara[/name] Friday is so sweet! What is Fyvie, though? A lot of people on NB know my thoughts on [name]Nora[/name], so I won’t comment on that. [name]Just[/name] one more thing - isn’t [name]Ambrose[/name] a boy’s name? So, is this a set of GGB? [name]Just[/name] wanted to make sure! [name]Dream[/name] sounds a tad bit feminine to me, but it could work for a boy, too…

Again, I’m really liking Friday and [name]Floyd[/name] in the middles. Totally cool and unexpected!

Take care!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elena[/name]!

I was waiting for your response:) I’m glad you like my polls because I love reading your comments so much!

Lets, see…

I know one syllable names are usually reserved for mn position to balance the combo or just used as filler names or part of hyphenated fn or mns but this is why I think they make a statement when used on their own as fns. [name]Jane[/name], [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] for example would blend into the background as mns but used as fns they really stand out, in my opinion anyway. And [name]Faith[/name] is the same. If I used it at all, it isn’t really fitting with my style atm, it would definitely be as a first name.

I’m hearing you about ‘ith’ names, they are great:) I love [name]Edith[/name], [name]Judith[/name] and [name]Meredith[/name] (for a boy. Yes, a boy.) the most and I have the same feeling with ‘ette’ names, as I may have mentioned, I just love the sound of them.

I see your point about [name]Francesca[/name]'s nns and I agree they don’t do it for everyone. I find that can happen quite a lot, loving a full name but then it not appealing so much because you can’t find any nns you love. I try to think out of the box for names like these.

[name]Juliette[/name], for example, I love, really really love but I’m not over the moon about [name]Jules[/name] or [name]Ettie[/name] as nns. So I would have [name]Juliette[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] or [name]Jem[/name]. And now you’re thinking ‘What? Where did [name]Rosie[/name] come from?’ well, and this is a bit of a stretch I know, think of [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]. [name]Juliet[/name] said ‘That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet’ and so now I associate [name]Juliet[/name] with roses and therefor [name]Rosie[/name] is a nn for [name]Juliette[/name]. [name]Jem[/name] comes from an extension by thought process of the obvious nn [name]Jules[/name]. [name]Jules[/name] sounds like jewels which is another word for gems, then spelt with a J and in singular form it becomes [name]Jem[/name].

So for [name]Francesca[/name] here are some not so obvious nns; [name]Chess[/name], Frenchie, [name]Ana[/name], CeCe. [name]Do[/name] those appeal more to you? And I think people now are less likely to automatically use a diminutive for full names anyway. [name]Williams[/name] are [name]Williams[/name] instead of Billys, Katherines are Katherines instead of Kates and Elizabeths are Elizabeths instead of Lizzys. [name]Francesca[/name] isn’t that long, I’m sure people using it in its full (and most beautiful form) is well within the realms of possibility.

Agreed, [name]Floyd[/name] would have to be the cats pajamas to pull off her name but I think she can do it. [name]Flo[/name] is a possible nn and your suggestion of [name]Celestia[/name] as a mn is absolutely gorgeous, you almost have me considering it as a fn! I think its destined for mn spot though, I can’t imagine having a kid of either gender called [name]Floyd[/name] and I’m not sold on its meaning.

Again, my your post was full of practical thinking, you have a point about Friday. I remember at my second primary school there was a girl called [name]Tuesday[/name] (her name was actually [name]Quinn[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name], I found out) and I couldn’t separate her name from the day of the week. I remember think something along the lines of ‘[name]Man[/name], that’s a weird name. She must have been born on [name]Tuesday[/name]. I’m so glad my parents didn’t call me [name]Saturday[/name]’. End of thought process. But now I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name]! Inspired by a song, like Friday, ‘[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name]’ sold both names to me. Now I look at it like this, at least Friday is just 24hrs of a week so she wouldn’t have to endure any possible taunting for long. [name]August[/name] is a whole month, what’s that poor kid going to do for 31 days?

I’m glad you share my love for [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Felicia[/name]:slight_smile: [name]Flossie[/name] is such a cute nn! And heres the weird thing about [name]Felicia[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] for me, I like [name]Felicia[/name] because it takes away from the wordiness of [name]Felicity[/name] and makes it more like a name. This would be perfectly reasonable if I didn’t love Friday! Odd, I know.

Thank-you for your support on my theoretical sib-sets with [name]Floyd[/name] and Friday:) As I said before, they are quite changeable so if you have any other ideas…? And you like [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] too!!! YAY! We do have a lot in common! I’ve don’t know many other people my age who like the same kind of music I do. It has been like that forever though, I remember in grade six we had to make a clay model of our favourite musician and while I was pondering how to make [name]John[/name] [name]Lennon[/name]'s glasses, everyone else was deciding how to do [name]Britney[/name]'s shoes. [name]Just[/name] as a side note, The Cure have a song ‘[name]Charlotte[/name] Sometimes’ :slight_smile: That adds an element of connection between [name]Charlotte[/name] and Friday right?

Wow, sorry for that marathon post! I guess I had a quite a bit to say:) Have a good night, [name]Elena[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name] (which by the way IS short for [name]Charlotte[/name])

[name]Lemon[/name],

I see what you mean about the difference in gender recognition between [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Floyd[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] but I wasn’t so concerned about that. The main thing is that they are all references to literature or music; [name]Dylan[/name] for [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] mainly but there is also [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Floyd[/name] for [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] is for [name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name] and harp ties it back to the music theme.

I really like your idea of having first names ending in an ‘a’ sound or spelling paired with [name]Dylan[/name] or [name]Floyd[/name]. First names for [name]Floyd[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] are very loosely there at them moment and all suggestions are welcome but if was to use [name]Dylan[/name] as a mn it would almost certainly be paired with [name]Juliette[/name]. This is because I don’t like to repeat initials in sib-sets (usually) and I really want to use the initials J. D to honour J. D [name]Salinger[/name] and my dad; [name]Juliette[/name] is one of my favourite ‘J’ names.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Regina[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is cute and does make a good sib-set but isn’t really my style. [name]Matilda[/name] is if firm mn territory for me, I’m not such a fan of [name]Eliza[/name] (I know I may be the only one) and [name]Regina[/name] is fantastic but I have issues with how it might be pronounced. I say Reh-JEE-nah but I know some people say Rah-JYE-nah which rhymes with a certain body part.

I’m glad you like [name]Sara[/name] Friday:) She’d have a very musical name, ‘[name]Sara[/name]’ by [name]Fleetwood[/name] [name]Mac[/name] and ‘Friday I’m in [name]Love[/name]’! I think [name]Sara[/name] Friday is the best Friday combo I’ve come up with so far but its length, or rather, lack of it bother me. I also love combos with two mns more.

Fyvie may or may not be a legit name, I’m not sure but it’s the name of my favourite type of rose. Fyvie Castle [name]Rose[/name] is the full name and they are so beautiful! I say it with the gap between the ‘y’ and ‘v’ so it sounds less like ‘five-y’.

[name]Nora[/name] is my grandmothers name so I’m definitely using it somewhere and I’m guessing your thoughts on it aren’t so favourable? I know it’s not everyones cup of tea but I think it has vintage charm and class despite it sounding slightly like to gnaw on something.

Yes, [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Dream[/name] is a boys name combo, I can see how that might not have been so clear now. I think [name]Dream[/name] works as a name for either gender, I mean how can a dream be feminine or masculine? Everyone dreams.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions [name]Lemon[/name]:slight_smile: I love that they sound unexpected and cool to you, that’s what I aim for!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Woo-hoo!!! It’s F poll time! :slight_smile: I cried a little bit inside when I didn’t see [name]Felicity[/name] (It’s okay, [name]Felicity[/name]…Walk it off…), but I was so happy to see [name]Francesca[/name]! I love [name]Francesca[/name], so I gave it my vote. :slight_smile: I put [name]Florence[/name] in second place, and I think that Friday would make a really cool middle name.

I can’t wait for G! ([name]Will[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] be there?) :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Charlie[/name],

What is the difference between [name]Juliette[/name] ([name]Juliet[/name]) and [name]Julia[/name], in your opinion? I love your idea of honoring you dad and J. D. [name]Salinger[/name] - cool! - with the J. D. initials, but honestly [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] just has some weird flow. At least it does when I say it! I much prefer [name]Julia[/name] [name]Dylan[/name], myself, but obviously, it is the meaning that counts most. If [name]Juliette[/name] is what you need to do, then so be it! By the way, [name]Julia[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Sage[/name] or [name]Julia[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Serenity[/name] would be cool, and then you get J. D. S. to “fully” honor [name]Salinger[/name]!

Oh, gosh! [name]Don[/name]'t even talk about [name]Regina[/name] being pronounced like that! It’s pain to my ears, [name]Charlie[/name]! Ha! Anyway, I agree with you that [name]Matilda[/name] is a bit, well, musty - middle name, for sure. I really like [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Harper[/name], by the way. I just thought of that! [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is cool, too. She could be [name]Penny[/name] - “[name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name],” The Beatles - or even [name]Poppy[/name] - like “pop music” - I guess. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Cassandra[/name]? [name]Cassandra[/name] feels like a classic to me, because of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s mother and sister, but it also sounds fresh and spunky! I think [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] could work!

OH! I just had another thought about [name]Floyd[/name]! Why not use a name meaning “pink”? I found one that is marginally cool - [name]Varda[/name]. It is Hebrew and means “pink” or “rose.” Neat, huh? [name]Varda[/name] [name]Floyd[/name]?

As for your “hippie” names, I still love [name]Sara[/name] Friday! If it isn’t long enough for you, get a longer last name - ha! - or add another middle name! [name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Juliet[/name] stuck out to me, but you couldn’t use [name]Juliette[/name], then. [name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Catherine[/name] is sweet, as well. [name]Sara[/name] Friday [name]Florence[/name] is cute for alliterative purposes!

Turning to Fyvie, that is a pretty cool thing, but I’m still not 100% - maybe 75% - about it. I thought that something like Faerie - let’s go Old English, here! - or [name]Faye[/name] (for fairies, of course) or even [name]Fleur[/name] could be cool. And, even though I don’t care for it, [name]Nora[/name] is nice with [name]Sara[/name], style-wise. Only issue? They both end in -ra. If you have a third girl, she might have to be [name]Mara[/name] out of necessity!

And, finally, yes, everyone dreams! Can’t decide if [name]Dream[/name] is best suited to a girl or boy, then, really…

Take care!