Fable???

I know that the name ‘[name]Story[/name]’ is fairly well known about, but recently I heard the name ‘[name]Fable[/name]’ for a girl with the nickname ‘[name]Fay[/name]’ and I think I like it!! I think it sounds much prettier than [name]Story[/name]. Have I gone mad? What do you all think, is it too weird? What middle names would you pair with this unusual first name?

[name]Fable[/name] is a nice , whimsical choice. It also can work as a variation of [name]Mable[/name] if you want to honor one.[name]Fay[/name] is a perfect nickname, and I never thought of it.
Did you, perhaps, see the name of Girl’s Gone Child? That’s the only place I’ve seen the name [name]Fable[/name].

I have recently come to like [name]Fable[/name] as well. When I first heard it, I thought it was weird but now I like it. I don’t think I would use it for a first name but it would be a great middle.

I love the name [name]Fable[/name]! I, too, read Girl’s Gone Child (http://www.girlsgonechild.net/) and her daughter, [name]Fable[/name] [name]Luella[/name], is SO freakin cute. I think it is a really awesome name. It is familiar and easy to pronounce and I quickly got used to the idea of it as a name. Good luck!

I find both [name]Fable[/name] and [name]Story[/name] a bit “too whimsical” for first names but they would great choices in the middle spot. It depends how adventurous and bold you’re feeling.

I’m with [name]Mischa[/name] on this. It’s a bit too much for my taste. [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Woolf[/name] of the blog Girl’s Gone Child has a [name]Fable[/name], along with brother [name]Archer[/name] and sisters [name]Boheme[/name] and [name]Reverie[/name]. I think it’s a very creative, well-matched sibset, but it’s a bit too out there for me personally.

A bit “too whimsical” for my tastes, but as a middle name I suppose it wouldn’t be too bad. However, I do like it more than [name]Story[/name], mainly because I like the nickname potential better.

No, I really like the name [name]Fable[/name] for a girl! Not too crazy about the nickname [name]Fay[/name], but yes, I think [name]Fable[/name] is a really pretty and cool girls’ name.

I think it’s a bit too guilty pleasure for real life. I have a hard time imagining a doctor, lawyer, or any other type of professional named [name]Fable[/name]. It sound more like something that someone would rename themselves if they were going through a hippie stage.

[name]Fay[/name] is really great though!

I absolutely love [name]Fable[/name]. Gorgeous, whimsical, and I think it has amazing substance and meaning. It is my current girl name obsession. And my boy name obsession is [name]Archer[/name]. Hmm, I think I’ve been reading too much GGC?

Reminds me of girls gone child too. I like it, but I’d only use it as a middle… I think.

[name]Love[/name] it. I am very into a whimsical names at the moment. I like [name]Fable[/name] much better than [name]Story[/name], and the potential nn [name]Faye[/name] is great name if later in life the child wants something more professional sounding.

It really bothers me when people say, “I can’t imagine a doctor, lawyer, etc named _______.” Really? A name shouldn’t make someone any more or less eligible to become any of those professions. And honestly, most doctors go by their surnames. I work at a hospital and 99% of the time a physician is called “Dr. Pape, Pape, or just Dr./[name]Doc[/name].” I don’t even know a lot of their first names!

Oh yeah, and I love [name]Fable[/name]!

Thanks for all the replies, I feel a lot less crazy now for liking the name :). I’m still stuck with regards to middle names though, it seems really hard to get one that flows and one that fits theme-wise. Any ideas anyone???

[name]Fable[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]

It SHOULDN’T, but it does. A name is one of the first things you learn about a person. It’s like saying what you wear doesn’t matter. It shouldn’t matter if you go to work and do a great job while wearing jeans or sweats, but if you went to a meeting and your boss showed up in pajamas, you would definitely judge him. [name]Just[/name] look at all the flack [name]Barack[/name] [name]Obama[/name] gets for his middle name- it really shouldn’t be an issue, but people make it one.
Studies have shown that applicants with names like Shoniqua and [name]Deonte[/name] get fewer calls about applications than applicants with names like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Michael[/name]. It’s absolutely wrong, but it’s true and it happens. I’m not saying this is necessarily the case for [name]Fable[/name], but to say that it doesn’t exist is ignoring evidence to the contrary.

I love [name]Fable[/name]!

[name]Fable[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Fable[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]

i just looked up girl gone child ~ i’m not an ultra big internet user, is she very well known? I think [name]Fable[/name] is a beautiful name.