Fae names

I love the nickname [name_f]Fae[/name_f], but not as a full name. I don’t like Faedra and it’s too close to a family member’s name anyway.

Thoughts on Faela? Other suggestions for names beginning with [name_f]Fae[/name_f] or [name_f]Fay[/name_f]?

Would the spelling [name_f]Faye[/name_f] help it feel more complete? If not, maybe [name_u]Fable[/name_u] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_u]Fable[/name_u] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] were good suggestions!

Feyre/Fayre (fay-ruh)
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (I prefer the [name_f]Fey[/name_f] spelling for this tho)

1 Like

Well, my name is [name_f]Faith[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Fay[/name_f] :grin: I also thought of [name_f]Faline[/name_f] and [name_f]Feya[/name_f].

2 Likes

I went looking for longer names with nn [name_f]Fae[/name_f] when I first got into names, but I settled on [name_f]Fae[/name_f] and [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u] haha. I also had [name_f]Theophania[/name_f] (thee-oh-FAY-nee-uh), but that might be too much. Other than that there’s also Feyre (Fey-ruh), [name_f]Phaenna[/name_f] (fay-nuh), and Orphéa (or-FAY-uh). Faela I like in theory, but it does make me think fail.

2 Likes

I never see Feridae anywhere, but I think it would be a lovely full name for [name_f]Fae[/name_f]! Faela could also definitely work! And other posters have come up with many more lovely suggestions!

Good point. I didn’t think of faila, haha. [name_f]My[/name_f] SIL is [name_f]Deidre[/name_f], so definitely don’t want a Faedra/Phaedra.

We specifically like [name_f]Fae[/name_f] as it’s more fantasy like!

I kind of like [name_f]Fae[/name_f] by itself or [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. Also there is “Fallyn”, but it bears a different sound. How about Fae/Faye as a mn?

Faela reminds me a bit too much of failure -sorry

[name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] maybe?

That’s the other option, but then we don’t have a first name either :woozy_face:

Agree now that I see it!

What about Faeya? Not too keen on other suggestions that are too much of a stretch on the sound.

1 Like

How about Faelynn?

1 Like

I like Faeya!

1 Like

I really like Faela, I think it’s lovely.

A few ideas:
Faera
[name_f]Faerydae[/name_f]
[name_f]Faeleen[/name_f] / Faeline
Faelyn / Faelin / Faelinn
Faedra / [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]
[name_f]Phaenna[/name_f] / Faenna
Faelicia (alternate for Felicia?)
Faea
[name_f]Faerie[/name_f] / Faeria
[name_f]Rafaela[/name_f] / [name_f]Raefaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Rafaelina[/name_f]
Faella
Faethe

2 Likes

Francesca?

I Faela too but as some pointed out, it could sound like Fail-a. Faera sounds nice. I think I like Faeya (or Faea)!

1 Like

Faela sounds a little too much like Failure…

What do you think of Faera (Fay-ruh)?

1 Like

This doesn’t start with [name_f]Fae[/name_f], however I used to work with a girl named Aphaia and she went by Fai (same pronunciation you’re using) and I thought that was beautiful!

1 Like