Faith for a boy???

okay.
so I saw faith in a forum when someone misgendered my character (don’t worry ur fine) and I realized

faith might be unisex
mind blown

heres the thing: I’ve never known a person named [name_f]Faith[/name_f]. So if you have, this name may have a very feminine connatation. but I don’t see why it couldn’t be unisex?? like it’s a virtue name AND a word name so I kinda really like it for a boy.
maybe in dystopian universes only. thoughts?

Yes!
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, and I love it for a girl. It was an all girl name for me - until I actually met a little boy named [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. As you said, mind blown. Boys can wear those names very well! I don’t see why [name_f]Faith[/name_f] can’t be the same - though most would probably assume female at first. But as it is your dystopian universe, there are no worries, and also no better place to let loose and challenge things some :wink:

thank you! i love breaking stereotypes and names that heavily lean towards one gender or the next.

It does blow my mind a little bit but I do think it works. Interesting! When I think about it, I see a boy named [name_f]Faith[/name_f] as strong rather than effeminate.

I like it for a boy!
I’m totally against gender stereotypes but name’s genders have nothing to do with gender stereotypes. We use “He/His” and “She/Her” everyday and nobody thinks it’s a stereotype :slight_smile:

It would work. Word names are more flexible when it comes to gender, in my opinion.

I’ve always kind of wondered why virtue names aren’t as common for boys as they are for girls. I don’t like them in general, but they can definitely be used on either gender.

I think it works. I like quite a few girls names on boys, and though I’m not fond of [name_f]Faith[/name_f] in general, I do think it would work on a boy.

I really like the idea of [name_f]Faith[/name_f] on a boy. It would fit really well in a dystopian novel.