Fake Pregnancy Forum for Name discussions

Hey guys! So this idea will probably flop but my idea was that people can join and make up a gender and number of children that they are having. Then you share on here. Then whenever you want you can pop on here and say for example

I’m 6 months with my first and these are the names my DH and I love etc.

Then a week later you could pop on and you could say

I’m 9 months now and we have decided on a name etc.

You could even do your whole pregnancy in one day!
Once you have a family that you are happy with start a new one!

I’ll start.
After 6 months of TTC I got a BFP and I am going in for my first appointment in a week. I still can’t decide if I’m going to figure out the gender in advance. What are you going to do? I’m just making up a list of names these days.
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]

3 Likes

Yep it’s like a normal pregnancy forum just sped up… lol quarantine is giving me weird ideas! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Wow [name_f]Annika[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] are gorgeous names! You will have lots of daughters! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] from your list as well as [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] but I don’t think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] flows as nicely with [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Have you ever thought about [name_u]Devon[/name_u] or [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]?
I don’t like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] because it just makes me think of lol!

I’ve just figured out the gender of mine and it’s a girl! I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] so much that I can’t think of anything else! Please suggest for me!
TIA

1 Like

Ooh I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! I know a few Lilys but I don’t think I’ve ever met an [name_f]Alice[/name_f]! :heart:

I’m trying to find a name for my baby girl on the way. So far [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] is my favorite but I’m open to any suggestions for other names or middles for [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]. We are thinking of calling her [name_f]Lissie[/name_f] as a nm but not sure yet. What are your thoughts?

May I suggest [name_u]Ainslie[/name_u] or [name_u]Julie[/name_u]? I love those names!

1 Like

Oh, how pretty! Thank you!

This sounds soooo fun!
I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] & [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] are perfect!
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] is super cute, but I think that [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is too common.

I’m five months pregnant with a son. It’s our first child and we were very excited! The one problem is this- he wants to include one of his grandfathers into the name. His grandfathers are named
Lieutenant [name_m]Charles[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Chuck[/name_m]’ [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] Klein
I agreed we can incorporate ONE of their names (since we want more kids) into No. 1’s name, but that’s it. I don’t really like their names, sorry to say.
So far, the other names we can agree on are
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] (I love, he hates)
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (I’m kinda ‘ugh’, he loves)
Martyn (super cute for a middle name)
Pole (pretty interesting)
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] (not sure if I really like it)
This is so fun and I’d love to have some suggestions!

1 Like

This sounds fun!
You could always combine [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] to get [name_m]Abel[/name_m]. What do you think of that?

I’m almost 3 months with #3. I have a 7 year old daughter, [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], and a 2 year old son, [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. We’ll be finding out the gender, but no idea about names yet!

Yay I’m glad this forum is growing!
I love the idea of [name_m]Abel[/name_m]! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] just by itself… like no [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m]?

Soooo… I am now six months pregnant and since everyone obviously knows I’m pregnant everyone is throwing opinions in on names and pretty much everything else! Especially because this is my first I want to make sure I do everything right so I suppose I’m getting quite stressed. For names I had earlier mention [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]… We still like those but we have added FIVE more names! They are
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Izara[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
Plus [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

My fave is definitely [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but I LOVE all of them. DH loves [name_f]Edith[/name_f] a lot but my sister’s husband’s sister is named that… even though that’s distant I don’t want to copy anyone. Please tell me your favourite!

1 Like

I LOVE [name_m]Abel[/name_m]! I’m not exactly sure if DH wants our first to be named it, but I really like it. So far, our list has sort of grown:
Lieutenant (He loves it and it’s the only way I really know I can incorporate a grandfather)
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] (I’m still fighting for it! He hates it by the minute)
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] (sweet and adorable- but too common?)
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] (what middle names go with it?)
[name_u]Percy[/name_u] (not sure what full name I like that is really mythological)
Martyn (still cute for a middle)
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (is it too old?)
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] (love the book The [name_m]Count[/name_m] of [name_m]Monte[/name_m] Cristo and [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] are sooo cute! I just wish I was having twins… maybe not)
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] (sort of militaryish- that’s what DH really likes now- military names)
Would love some funky military name ideas if any of you guys have some!

I think that [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] would be kinda cute. Or
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] ([name_f]My[/name_f]-la or Me-la)
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Harland[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_f]Brianne[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is absolutely GORGEOUS! [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is an older name, but has the same amount of charm. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is nice, but I know a LOT of Ellas and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are much less common. [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is beautiful and sweet, with lots of nicknames! But I really like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

Of your list Namesleuth23 MY favourites are [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! [name_u]Mason[/name_u] might becoming a little more popular but still charming and CUTE! [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is not old in my opinion but the only problem that I associate with it is [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] the Train! [name_m]Abel[/name_m] is really cute but I don’t like how its a word. For instance “Are you able to lift that [name_m]Abel[/name_m]?” Maybe thats just me…

So because I’m now almost 8 months thru we are really starting to think about names! Of our previous list here’s what we decided!

[name_f]Edith[/name_f] we still love even though the connection of my sister’s husband’s sister!
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] we have decided not to use as in the last few weeks we have met what seems like a million Annabelles!
[name_f]Izara[/name_f] is a no!
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] we are thinking is the one!
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]… So this was really hard! We love it so much but since my name is [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] and I go by [name_f]Elle[/name_f] a LOT we had to rule it out!
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a nope!
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]! I love this name so much! So much! :heart::heart::heart:

So… I suppose it’s between [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f]! Please tell your fave!

I definitely love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] the most! And you never hear it, which makes it that much better! You could call her [name_f]Ona[/name_f] or [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], so so cute!

So, I’m 3 months pregnant for the first time. We don’t know the gender yet. We always knew the first time would be the hardest with names, but wow I didn’t expect this.
Our current list:

Hazel (I like it more as a first, DH likes it more as a middle)
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] “[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]” (DH says it’s boring, but I think it’s beautiful)
[name_f]Charity[/name_f] (DH doesn’t love it, but I do)
[name_f]Johannah[/name_f] (the only one DH and I both love)
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] (if we did use this, it’d be [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Ardith[/name_f], but then it wouldn’t honor anyone so we’re wary)
Rosamonde is an honorable mention (I’m pushing for it but DH does not want to get on board)

Hunter (I’m iffy on using this, but DH is very passionate)
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (we would call him [name_u]Sol[/name_u], which I don’t want, but I adore the combination [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Reuel[/name_m])
[name_u]Tyson[/name_u] (I’m not sold on this, despite DH bugging me)
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] (I like this, but it’s not my fav, DH loves it)
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m] (I hate this one, but DH loves it)

Any compromises you can think of?

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]! I think it is a beautiful first name! The thing is with this name is that I don’t really see it working on a blonde or a red haired. [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is a gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS name! One of my faves and probably my top choice for a boy! [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is really nice but I agree…No nicknames that I like! I’m not a fan of [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]… I’ve met two Gwens and they are truly terrible people! [name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] (Boy) or [name_u]Ainslie[/name_u] (Girl) Thanks for the feedback on my names!
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]

I’m now 4 months, and we’ve decided we aren’t finding out the gender! (AAHHH!)

I introduced [name_m]Ruben[/name_m] to my husband, and he likes it, but the more we talked about it, the less I did. I know we could call him [name_m]Ben[/name_m], but more than likely, we would call him [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and I’m not a fan of that. So, I think that one’s out unless it surprises me at the end. [name_u]Ainslie[/name_u] is adorable! DH says it’s too “immature”, which I guess I see where he’s coming from because I can’t really see it on a 20 year old, but it’s still adorable.

New finds of ours this month:

Ashlind (rather than [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f])
Ashleia (rather than [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]; I like this more than Ashlind)
[name_f]Raina[/name_f]/Reyna (I prefer the first spelling and DH prefers the second one, but we both love the name!)
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] (I’ve brought this up before but it always got shut down; DH seems to be warming up to it, though)
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] (I think we would use this as a middle name)
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (still in the running; I’m warming up to it as a first name but still have others I like more)
[name_f]Charity[/name_f] (still in my running; I really want this to be at least a middle name)

Markus (I like spelling more than [name_m]Marcus[/name_m], but I still don’t love the name at all)
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] (I’m into this now, I just woke up and decided a couple days ago that I like the sound of it)
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] (I would only use this as a middle, but DH started pushing for it when I turned down [name_m]Phineas[/name_m])
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]” (DH suggested just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] instead of [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], and I would use it but as a nickname for [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]; he doesn’t LOVE it, but he would love to have a [name_u]Finn[/name_u])

I think [name_f]Raina[/name_f] is now my favorite for a girl, even above [name_f]Johannah[/name_f], which surprised me. Also trying to talk DH into [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] or Rosamonde, maybe. And, maybe [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is my current favorite for a boy, but I also love [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], it sounds so manly.

Thoughts on some of the new names? What are your favorites?

For @EllieHope4824, I like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. Super super pretty and just… mystical sounding (to me). [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is also beautiful, but what are the middle names? I think it really depends on how they sound with the middle name and last name at this point.
For @carlene.denae, I really like [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u]! [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] and [name_m]Markus[/name_m] are super cute. I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is adorable and the full name as [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is perfect (to me).
I have some new names and shortened my previous list, but it didn’t shorten this one…
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (it’s sort of growing on me)
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] (cannot drop it! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname ‘[name_m]Lew[/name_m]’ but I don’t really like ‘[name_u]Louie[/name_u]’ or ‘[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]’)
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] (he actually hates it :frowning: )
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] (really cool and militaryish)
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] (sweet! But is it too common? I don’t know a lot of Masons, but I don’t know if it is or not…)
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] (don’t know why I like it now)
Sands (is it too weird? He HATES it)
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] (means ‘ocean’ in Hawaiian, and his grandfathers were in the military…)
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] (always have liked this and he’s on the verge of agreeing)
[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] ([name_m]Count[/name_m] of [name_m]Monte[/name_m] Cristo inspired)
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m] (sort of southern and cute)
I really like the nickname ‘[name_m]Lew[/name_m]’ and he really does too. We just can’t agree! [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] is my favorite, while he likes [name_m]Luigi[/name_m] or [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]. Not sure if I can get a middle name that’ll work… it’s all going so fast.
Also, question: [name_f]Do[/name_f] we wait the few actual months for the baby to be born or do we just have the baby whenever we want to (like each day=1 month)? Thanks for the help!

You can have the baby whenever! I think I’m going to have mine tomorrow lol! My top 3 from your list are Mason, Owen and Thomas! I like Llewellyn but prefer Lewis!

Hi!
So regarding the question of middles and last name the last name [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]( Fake)! Regarding the middle names we don’t know… but we should as we now have the due date coming in a week! We have decided for the name to be [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and we are thinking maybe as middles [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f] or [name_u]Truth[/name_u]! Please tell your fave!

Fiona [name_f]Helen[/name_f] actually works quite well, unexpectedly. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Truth[/name_u] would be glorious, I think. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is fine, but definitely not my favorite. I don’t like the sound of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]. With your last name, I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] works the best.

I’ll second the idea of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u], it sounds perfect for your little girl.
@namesleuth23 I love [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] for you. [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u] or [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_m]Edmond[/name_m] are so handsome.

Over here, I’m almost 7 months along and we’re having a boy! Our options right now are:
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] - not sure if it fits with [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] & [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] - love, but don’t want to repeat initials
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] - our top choice right now, but DH doesn’t like how we’d have 2 Biblical names
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] - another one we love, and if I can’t sell DH on [name_u]Noah[/name_u] we’ll probably use it
Any other suggestions would be welcome :slight_smile:

I agree with @carlene.denae- [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] sounds BEAUTIFUL! I feel like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is too common for such a unique first name, but [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is pretty.
@lucyxo, I really like [name_u]Asa[/name_u]. I don’t know if it’s the fact that it ends with an ‘a’ and [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] ends with a ‘y’ and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] a ‘ah’, but I feel like it fits rather well. [name_u]Mason[/name_u] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u] are my favorites from your list.
DH and I finally have somewhat of a decision! Yay! It’s actually down to:
[name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
I still love [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]! DH is somewhat okay with it, but doesn’t like that it sounds strange with our last names, [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] (fake). [name_m]Lew[/name_m] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] seems fine to me, but he doesn’t like [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]. I am actually really like [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], but I am worried about [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. [name_u]Owen[/name_u]’s super cute, but is it TOO popular? We still have to incorporate his grandfathers, which is somewhat exciting. We’re using it for the middle name and we have options such as
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
Lieutenant
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
It’ll be great, I know. What do you think of [name_u]Owen[/name_u] or our last name and [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m]? [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is like checking every box off on our list, but I’m not ready to give up on [name_m]Lew[/name_m] yet! Thanks for the help!