Fastest Rising Names 2022 🔥 (SSA Predictions)!

Hello all!

On May 12th, 2023 (or so I’ve been told) the next SSA data will be released. This will tell us all the fastest-rising names for 2022! There could be a new top 10, and definitely a new top :100:

This being said, I’d love to hear your guesses for some of the trendiest names of 2022! You can guess the names with the biggest increase in popularity, or talk about any names you think are ones to watch!! :eyes:

My guesses:

1. Wednesday / Sunday - via Rupert Grint from the HP series choosing this for his LO, and then the tv show. I think Sunday is a bright alternative. :sun_with_face:

2. Mirabel - Encato names are ones to watch! See also: Dolores, Luisa, and Madrigal.

3. Flora - Loving this name. It rose over 500 places between 2020 and 2021 alone.

4. Halo - Nick Cannon and his 12th baby. I think new religion names are ones to watch.

5. Aire - Kardashion Cousin. The ‘e’ gives a lil xtra.

6. Royal / Loyal - Loyal was one of the rising stars of 2021, and I think Royal could cary tthis further :crown: Outer Range is the show this is from.

7. August - Mandi Moore put this on the map for boys, but I suspect August will get popular for girls :fallen_leaf:

8. Elio - o endings are :fire: these days

9. Oscar - another Mandi Moore name, but Ozzie gives the name some oomph

10. Kylian - this spelling could go the distance.

What are your guesses?! :love_letter::inbox_tray:

Edit: this is the list of the names that moved :point_up_2: the most spots in 2021, Change in Popularity , for anyone interested. I will definitely make a few posts / games of these names when the new results come out next week!!

10 Likes

Fun! I will guess that the top will remain the same, but these could be trending :blush:

1. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Otto[/name_m]
  3. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Athena[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Fern[/name_u]
  7. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
  8. [name_u]River[/name_u]
  9. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] / [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] +

Also thinking about [name_m]Knox[/name_m], [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

1 Like

@Parfait_de_Roses i truly think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f] will rise really high in my state. [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Theadora[/name_f] are also perfect guesses!! You really :nail_care:t2: it :white_heart:

1 Like

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I also totally forgot about [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! I guess [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] has been rising already last year. :blush: I’m really intrigued to see the results!

1 Like

Me too!! Seeing that Raya was the fastest-rising name for girls in the us surprised me. I don’t think it will stay that trendy, but I think following the trend of Disney names is something to watch out for!

1 Like

I feel like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] might enter the top 1000?

And that [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] might have gains?

2 Likes

Lots of Kay and Cas names rose over 50 points in 2021 ( Caspian, Cassian, Khai) so I don’t see why not!! They are beautiful names :ocean::white_heart::cloud:

2 Likes

I could see [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] on there for sure, I’ve been seeing it everywhere lately. I also feel like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] might have had big gains, if they hadn’t already the year before.

1 Like

I will likely come back and post a larger list sometime soon (hopefully!), but I’m betting [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] will be moving up on the lists! I’ve met 2 babies recently, and both of them have the middle name [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! Of course, that’s only as a middle, but I’d be surprised to see it stay the same.

2 Likes

In my area (Idaho), I’ve seen [name_u]Declan[/name_u] or [name_m]Decker[/name_m] gaining in popularity for boys. For girls, [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or even [name_f]Wrenly[/name_f], which was the name of the last baby girl born that I know of. It will be interesting to see if these names gain in popularity nationally.

1 Like

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] definitely feels like it’s gonna blow up! It’s already in the top 1000 where I live :blush:

1 Like

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] could move up a bit for sure :gift_heart:

1 Like

I’ve seen [name_f]Wrenly[/name_f] on some UK lists as well :feather:

1 Like

I am (regretfully) expecting [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] to gain some ground :laughing:

1 Like

Ooh, fun! Lets see…

Girls-

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_u]Juno[/name_u]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

Boys-

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

[name_u]Koa[/name_u]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_m]Otto[/name_m]

[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]

1 Like

@persephonescrown I have to remember that most folxs on here don’t want their favorite names to make these lists :laughing:

1 Like

@MichelleM these are some of my all-time favorites! I’d love to see them used more often :green_heart::womans_hat:

I think [name_u]Jack[/name_u] will break into the top 10 for sure! [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] will likely stay at 10, but [name_u]Jack[/name_u] will bust in at 9 (it was 11 last year). I also think [name_u]Leo[/name_u] and [name_u]Levi[/name_u] have a chance at getting close, maybe not breaking through to top 10 but close! I think names like [name_u]Cal[/name_u], [name_u]Callahan[/name_u], [name_m]Truett[/name_m], [name_u]Miller[/name_u], last names as first names essentially, will rise in popularity too.

For girls I think that [name_u]Navy[/name_u] is going to SOAR way up in the rankings that in past. I also think [name_u]Noah[/name_u] will be a lot higher. Could also see [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] raising up. I could see [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_u]Aria[/name_u] breaking into the top 10 for girls. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] top 10 guesses for boys:

1. [name_u]Liam[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
  3. [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
  4. [name_u]James[/name_u]
  5. [name_u]Elijah[/name_u]
  6. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
  7. [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
  8. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  9. [name_u]Jack[/name_u]
  10. [name_u]Levi[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] top 10 guesses for girls:

1. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Ava[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Mia[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
  8. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
  9. [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
  10. [name_u]Aria[/name_u]
1 Like

What fun guesses!! I can’t wait to see the results :smiling_face:

I think you’re pretty spot on your predictions!

Some names I can see rising or trending:

Louisa :heavy_multiplication_x:
Lois :heavy_multiplication_x:
Celeste :heavy_check_mark:
Aurora
Juno :heavy_multiplication_x:
Mabel :heavy_check_mark:
Flora :heavy_multiplication_x:
Iris :heavy_check_mark:
Greta :heavy_multiplication_x:
Anya :heavy_check_mark:

I also think that names popular with the latin-american community will gain some spots - even the more “ethnic” ones.

Camila =
Ana :heavy_check_mark:
Alba :heavy_multiplication_x:
Alondra :heavy_check_mark:
Fernanda :heavy_check_mark:
Mariana :heavy_check_mark:
Elena :heavy_check_mark:
Martina :heavy_multiplication_x:
Beatriz :heavy_multiplication_x:
Rosalia :heavy_check_mark:
Rosario :heavy_multiplication_x:
Catalina :heavy_check_mark:
Luz - new to the top 1000! :heavy_check_mark:
Ines :heavy_multiplication_x:
Rocio :heavy_multiplication_x:
Maite :heavy_multiplication_x:
Alma :heavy_check_mark:
Aitana :heavy_check_mark:
Isabel :heavy_multiplication_x:
Leonor :heavy_multiplication_x:

As for boys, I think all Leo names will trend due to the WC and Messi!

1 Like