Father’s first name as middle name

Hi all,

I’d like to know if it is weird to have father’s First name as child’s middle name?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1 Like

It’s not strange at all! [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t worry.

1 Like

Not strange at all–it can be really sweet, imo! :blush:

1 Like

No, quite normal

1 Like

It’s not weird at all. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother has my father’s name as his middle. [name_f]My[/name_f] father has his father’s as his middle.

1 Like

This is what we have in our family. No one has found it weird at all. In fact, both my brothers share their mn due to this.

1 Like

Not strange at all! I love that way of connecting his name to his father.

1 Like

Nope not strange! [name_f]My[/name_f] brother has my father’s first name as middle.

1 Like

Not strange at all. I think using any of a father’s name as part of his child’s name is great. [name_f]My[/name_f] sons first name is his fathers middle name. And his middle name is my middle name.

1 Like

It’s a very common naming tradition. You’re totally fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

nope not at all! Very wonderful honor name!

1 Like

It’s not strange at all! I don’t like when the fathers and sons share the first names or the full names, however, passing the father’s name to his son as a middle is a sweet honoring! :blush:

1 Like

No, I think its sweet!

Totally not weird!

It’s a fam tradition for my bro in law, four generations so far. I think its really nice.

1 Like

It’s a common tradition.

Not at all… it is kind of a tradition in my husband’s family… better as a middle name instead of doing the whole jr or little