Favorite Marian names?

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] and her variants are such great names! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites have to be:

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariam[/name_f]
[name_f]Meryem[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
Maryellen
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
[name_f]Mari[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] (of course)

1 Like

Love all of these! Thank you!

1 Like

Marion and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] are my favorites!

1 Like

Love those! Thank you! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_u]Marion[/name_u] for a girl?

I do! [name_u]Marion[/name_u] sounds so chic and Old Hollywood, like [name_u]Marion[/name_u] [name_m]Davies[/name_m]. Also [name_u]Marion[/name_u] Cotillard (new Hollywood!)

2 Likes

Miren. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also love [name_f]Ethelmary[/name_f]/Ethel [name_f]Mary[/name_f]/Ethel-[name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]! :grin:

Also, @ethelmary, why is your username what it is? I’ve just been curious lately.

2 Likes

I also love [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names! I love just [name_f]Mary[/name_f] the best, probably, but it’s my mother’s name so I’ve looked for variants too to both honor her and distinguish a future kid from her. I like a lot of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] double names–[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are my two favorites. Also [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_u]Marian[/name_u], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] (somehow don’t like the look of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] as much), [name_u]Maria[/name_u], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f], [name_f]Maureen[/name_f]…the list goes on.

1 Like

@skylerros, I also like [name_f]Miren[/name_f] and [name_f]Ethelmary[/name_f]!

@findemaxa13, my mother also has a [name_u]Marian[/name_u] name, so I’m less inclined to use her specific variation! I love just [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] double names as well. Thanks for the response!

I have been in love with [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] lately. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My favorites are [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_f]Marisol[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] is my favourite, but I also like [name_f]Manon[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Maia[/name_f], [name_f]Miri[/name_f], [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Mariska[/name_f], [name_f]Meike[/name_f], [name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], Maruxa, Marjo …

2 Likes

I don’t know a ton about [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names, other than names etymologically related to [name_f]Mary[/name_f]… but I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u], [name_f]Masha[/name_f] (a Russian nn for [name_u]Maria[/name_u]!), and even [name_f]Mary[/name_f] in the right combo! I also love [name_f]Maris[/name_f] and like [name_f]Marina[/name_f]/Marine, but idk how much they’re considered [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names?

1 Like

@elanorelle, [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is so stylish! It’s old but feels bright, sweet, and slightly glamorous.

@justanothernamenerd, those are some of my very favorites as well!

@Dechen, thanks for the stunning list of multicultural options!

@ashthedreamer, I’m keeping my definition of [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names pretty loose for the moment; thanks for all of the lovely suggestions!

4 Likes

Good to know! :joy: I’m [name_u]Christian[/name_u] but not Catholic, so the [name_f]Mary[/name_f] ties to [name_f]Annunziata[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Maris[/name_f] totally escape me; I know they are considered [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names but I could not tell you how. lol.

1 Like

There are all kinds of [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names when you add in all the religious titles; there are even categories of those titles depending on origin and meaning. It’s very complicated!

2 Likes

It does sound very complicated! Which reminds me of [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f]/Lola which I admit to liking (well, [name_f]Lola[/name_f] more than [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f]?) Not sure [name_f]Lola[/name_f] itself counts as a [name_u]Marian[/name_u] name, but if [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f] does, then consider it suggested. :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you!

I love [name_u]Guadalupe[/name_u] and [name_f]Madonna[/name_f] as well! Gosh, there are so many [name_u]Marian[/name_u] names!

1 Like

Guadalupe is one of my favorites!

2 Likes