Favorite nickname for Elizabeth?

What is your favorite nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name]? I’m thinking [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Liz[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Liza[/name]… I know I am probably forgetting a whole bunch more! But I am definitely curious and appreciative of your input! :slight_smile:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is one of the best names for nicknames. My fave is [name]Eliza[/name] but I have a soft spot for [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Izzy[/name], or [name]Ibby[/name].

I don’t have one particular favorite. I think [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], and [name]Ilsa[/name] are all very sweet, though.

[name]Alexis[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there!

My name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] but I’m pretty sure only about 50% of the people I know are aware of that… I have gone as [name]Eli[/name] (obv pn like [name]Ellie[/name] not the boys name!) since I was small as there were 6 [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s in my year at school - we were all assigned nicknames so we knew who they were refering to! These days you prob wouldn’t have that problem with the name but it’s one which is hard to maintain as a “whole name” if you know what I mean…

Here’s the list of every nickname which I’ve heard (some good, some less so!!): [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], Li, [name]Lia[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lib[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Izzy[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Beata[/name], [name]Bettina[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Bessie[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Bette[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Bee[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Lizbeth[/name], [name]Buffy[/name], Zabby, Bizzy, [name]Tetty[/name], [name]Liesl[/name], [name]Lilibet[/name], [name]Lizette[/name]… um think thats it…

For your daughters sake please do not use [name]Buffy[/name] (I got that for a year in school when [name]Buffy[/name] the Vampire Slayer was popular and everyone realised it was short for [name]Elizabeth[/name]… - is really awful!). Oh and Bizzy and [name]Tetty[/name] really do belong to the realm of the British upperclass too :wink:

[name]Hope[/name] that helps! [name]Eli[/name]

I really like [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Lizzie[/name]. The Elizabeths I know are nicknamed Biz, [name]Libby[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Liz[/name], and [name]Beth[/name].

My favorites are [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], and [name]Betsy[/name].

I like Zab.

I had a friend whose name was Elizazbeth, but she went by [name]Lisa[/name]. I thought that was pretty cool. :wink:

My favorite nicknames though for [name]Elizabeth[/name] are [name]Ellie[/name] and Lissy. [name]Lizzie[/name] is cute, too.

[name]Lili[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Lizbeth[/name], [name]Lizy[/name], [name]Liz[/name]. In that order!

I can never decide if I like [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Betty[/name]. They have such different feels, it really depends on my mood that day. I am reading Pride and Prejudice (again) so I am leaning toward [name]Eliza[/name] right now.

Oh yay, I always think about this because there’s a countless number of them! All those [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s are lucky to have so many options!

Right now I’m liking [name]Lizzie[/name]. I also love [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Elsie[/name] (although if I were to use [name]Elsie[/name] I would go with [name]Elisabeth[/name] to get that s). I adore the name [name]Eliza[/name], but I would use it as a full name, not a nickname.

Dislike: [name]Tibby[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Lisa[/name],
Meh: [name]Libby[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Lilly[/name] (love the name [name]Lily[/name] but not as a NN for [name]Elizabeth[/name])

I like [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Beth[/name], but I imagine them on different types of girls.

My favorites are [name]Lizzie[/name] and Busy. I know a girl named [name]Lizzie[/name] and she is so fabulous you want to be just like her. That could possibly be why I like the nn [name]Lizzie[/name] so much. Hmmm… Busy I saw recently and thought was adorable. I’m sure it depends on the [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s personality though. :lol:

I know several Elizabeths that go by [name]Elizabeth[/name] though. The name itself is beautiful.

My mother is a [name]Betty[/name]. Apparently she has been one ever since she could talk (despite [name]Elizabeth[/name] on her birth certificate).
My sister’s best friend is a [name]Liz[/name]. Another family friend is an [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My great-aunt is an [name]Elsa[/name]. I went to school with a [name]Lisa[/name].

No wonder [name]Elizabeth[/name] is such an awesome name!