Favorite Well Names?

See the results of this poll: Which well names do you like?

Respondents: 56 (This poll is closed)

• Bramwell/Branwell/Bromwell : 15 (13%)
  • Maxwell : 42 (36%)
  • Howell : 6 (5%)
  • Lowell : 11 (9%)
  • Newel/Newell : 3 (3%)
  • Rockwell : 11 (9%)
  • Boswell/Caswell/Roswell : 9 (8%)
  • Hartwell : 6 (5%)
  • Orwell : 10 (8%)
  • Other: 5 (4%)

Some other unusual ones I found online:

Anwell, Atwell, Caldwell, Kingswell, Rowell, Sewell, and Stockwell. I think Kingswell is kind of cool.

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and just plain old [name_m]Wells[/name_m] are my favourites

I voted other, as I’m not a great fan of any of those listed, but I do really like [name_m]Wells[/name_m].

I like
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] - it feels sturdy and strong but also has the sweet [name_u]Max[/name_u] as a nn option
Orwell - because of the author connection and I like how it sounds
[name_m]Branwell[/name_m] - Because of the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] connection (though maybe that’s also a bad thing?) I like the surnamey feel of it

I voted [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and Orwell. I like the well part of the names as I think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is a sweet, outdoorsy type nickname. Orwell is our runner up name for the babe I’m currently pregnant with! I think it’s so handsome and distinguished and surprisingly uncommon.

I like [name_m]Caswell[/name_m]! I know someone named that and it’s handsome and different while not being weird. The others are a little too last-namey, and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] is so, so popular.

By the way, I pronounce ‘[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]’ as ‘Lole’, and so do a lot of people I know (it’s a city in my state). It doesn’t have the same distinct -well sound as the others to me. Could be an issue.

[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] is the only one I like, but only because of the nickname “[name_u]Max[/name_u]”. I actually prefer the name [name_m]Maxim[/name_m].

I agree with above - prefer it just as a first -[name_m]Wells[/name_m]!

My favourite is [name_m]Roswell[/name_m], but I also like [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] and [name_m]Lowell[/name_m].