Favourite Book Names?

Not sure if this is the place, but I figured writers like to read as well :joy:

Have you ever come across a book that includes several of your favourite names?

Currently reading a book with an [name_f]Asterope[/name_f], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (all of which are on my top 20 names from before I started reading). It’s like the author has similar taste to me and reached into my mind.

What are your favourite literary names?

1 Like

I love the classic names from [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women ([name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]/Demi). Pride and Prejudice also has similar classic names ([name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]). [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] Series ([name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]).

1 Like

I second [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. I’m honestly not sure if one of the reasons I like it is because of the names, or if I like the names because of the book. I’m leaning toward the second option though, those names are the basis of my whole entire naming style.

1 Like

Little house on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]: [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], [name_m]Nels[/name_m], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Etta[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

Pride and Prejudice: [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Kitty[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m], [name_f]Chandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]

Not a character, but an author. I recently stumbled on a children’s book written by a [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Also, I discovered my favorite boy’s name ([name_u]Callum[/name_u]) in a book called Naughts & Crosses, which also features a [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] nn Sephy and a [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] nn [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]