Feedback on Baby Boy #2 Names

3 years later and here I am - back on Nameberry asking for feedback on name options for baby boy #2! Based on your feedback/suggestions and how we felt in the hours after his birth, we chose the name [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] for our firstborn. We love the name - especially the meaning - as it is a true fit for our son and honors his grandfather.

We are expecting another boy in the next few weeks and have a shortlist of first names and middle names that we’d love to have feedback and suggestions on. We are especially in need of help putting together the first + middle combos. And if you think there’s an awesome name that we’re overlooking - go for it :slight_smile:

A few other items to note: our last name is [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. I kind of feel this complicates things sometimes. Maybe not, but worth noting our last name is also a first name. Also, we seem to like Old Testament and Hebrew names, however, we are not Jewish. I worry a bit about using another Old Testament name for our new baby and how that could be perceived. I recently read an article written by a Jewish mother (I think it was a Nameberry article) on how sometimes Hebrew names are improperly used by people who are not Jewish (like applying them to the wrong sex, etc.) and I want to try to be respectful of that while still choosing names we like.

So, here it goes:

First Names:
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]

Middle Names:
[name_m]Arnold[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Allen[/name_m]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_m]Herbert[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your names; it makes suggestions so fun and easy!!

Of your first names, my favorite is [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. It goes perfectly with [name_m]Asher[/name_m]! I’d put together [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m].
My favorite middle is [name_m]Arnold[/name_m] but I find it harder to say with your last name, with the D and CH clashing a tad… (___ [name_m]Arnold[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]). But you won’t be saying the full name all that often anyways.
I also really love [name_m]Herbert[/name_m]!

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is my second favorite. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] sounds strong and handsome.

I really do think pretty much all your names go well with [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] but here are some other combos:
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Herbert[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Arnold[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m] [name_m]Herbert[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] (probably me least favorite)… can’t really decide on a middle for [name_u]Asa[/name_u] either.

Other suggestions based on your style:
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], [name_m]Reuban[/name_m], [name_u]Stanley[/name_u], [name_m]Winston[/name_m]

As for the Jewish thing… I don’t follow origins of names all that closely so I can’t say much about it but I wouldn’t think it would be a big deal!

Thanks for your suggestions - I love the first + middle combos you came up with! They make me love some of the first names on our list even more! I’m also digging [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]…

For brothers my favorites are

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
And
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

You’ll be saying the boys names together waaaay more than each child’s first and middle.
[name_m]Just[/name_m] my 2 cents.

You have two really good lists. My favourites would be -

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] are maybe a bit tongue-twister with the s ending when you say [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. And I think [name_u]Asa[/name_u] is too close to [name_m]Asher[/name_m].

I like-

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] make a great combo.
Introducing your two boys it would be “[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]” and that sounds amazing.

I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u].

My favorite combo from your list is [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Arnold[/name_m].

I also like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Arnold[/name_m], and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m].

Thanks, everyone! Your feedback and suggestions have been super helpful! We agree with your narrowed down recommendations for first names and are now only considering [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]. We still love [name_m]Silas[/name_m], but after two tries (it was a contender for baby number one) and lots of feedback about it being a tongue twister with our last name, we’ve chopped it off the list.

So we have sibset possibilities of:
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

For first + middle we are thinking:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Arnold[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]

Any additional feedback you have is always appreciated - thanks!

I really love your name list. I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] goes the best with [name_m]Asher[/name_m]. I really like the alliteration in [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] and I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] would be really nice.

I love so many of your options!

My favourite first names are [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u].

Straight away I’d rule out [name_u]Asa[/name_u] as I think it’s too close to [name_m]Asher[/name_m].

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are adorable but I don’t think they particualry go with [name_m]Asher[/name_m] as I think they sound more modern quirky where as [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is a bit more old school to me.

That leaves [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] would be my first choice but that’s just personal preference, I love the nickname [name_m]Sol[/name_m], however, [name_m]Silas[/name_m] does sound great with [name_m]Asher[/name_m] too and [name_u]Ash[/name_u] and [name_u]Si[/name_u] sound super cool together.

So all in all, for you, to go with big brother [name_m]Asher[/name_m], I’d choose [name_m]Silas[/name_m], it’s easy going like [name_m]Asher[/name_m] but is also quite traditional, without being really common. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] would be a close second but it’s perhaps a bit too ‘over the top’ next to the simple [name_m]Asher[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Arnold[/name_m] and [name_m]Soloman[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m].

40 weeks this Thursday and we still aren’t sure what will be baby boy’s name. We did manage to narrow down our list even more with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] being the top choice. However, [name_m]Silas[/name_m] has managed to sneak back on our list (despite us eliminating it as its a bit of a tongue twister with our last name). I’ve loved the name [name_m]Silas[/name_m] for over a decade now and it’s been hard for me to axe it from the list - especially for a newly loved name like [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I’m a bit concerned now though about the popularity of [name_m]Silas[/name_m] given JT just gave this name to his son…which is leading me back to [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Any comments/feedback are appreciated!

My first thought was [name_m]Levi[/name_m].

I am partial to [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], I think it flows nicely with [name_m]Asher[/name_m]. I also like [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

I think you really can’t go wrong with any of your top four! [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m], are all very handsome. I do agree [name_m]Silas[/name_m] may gain some popularity because of JT but if you’ve loved it for a decade and you would regret letting it go, I think it’s totally fine to use! It was #313 last year and I don’t see it getting super high up on the charts.

While I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] a lot, for some reason I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] go better with [name_m]Asher[/name_m]. But like I said, all great choices. If you can’t decide maybe you can bring your top two to the hospital and decide when you see him :slight_smile:

[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_m]Able[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxen[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]! I really like [name_u]Asa[/name_u] as well, but I think it is too similar to [name_m]Asher[/name_m]. My least favorite is [name_m]Beau[/name_m]. I just don’t think the sound is attractive and I don’t like that it obviously means handsome.

Good luck!

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who replied! We went to the hospital with our two favorites - [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. After an amazingly fast birth we still had not named our baby boy 24 hours later. After lots of staring at him (ha!), we finally decided he was a [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] arrived on [name_f]April[/name_f] 22nd. Big brother [name_m]Asher[/name_m] (and the rest of us) are adjusting well and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is doing awesomely. Thanks again for taking the time to provide your opinions :slight_smile:

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is my favorite. Such a handsome combination!