Feedback on shortlist!

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking help to compile a shortlist for baby #3. We are expecting a boy, our older kids are [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

[name_m]Keen[/name_m] to hear thoughts/feedback/connotations on our current shortlist, as well as suggestions to float past DH if the list inspires any other ideas.

Current shortlist:

• [name_m]Beau[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Jude[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Kit[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Renner[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Otto[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Cal[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]

More or less DH approved, he eliminated a lot of loves already.

2 Likes

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_m]Cal[/name_m], & [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] are my favorites from your list. They feel the most cohesive with the style of [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Other ideas:

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_m]Douglas[/name_m]
[name_m]Everett[/name_m]
[name_f]Frankie[/name_f]
[name_m]Kade[/name_m]
[name_m]Lawrence[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Owen[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Reid[/name_m]
[name_m]Tate[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]

I would choose

[name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m]
or
[name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m]

All three feel timeless, classy, simple but not over done.

1 Like

Thoughts with suggestions

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] ~ love a one syllable name (my son is Beck)! It’s a handsome, relaxed choice.

• [name_m]Beauden[/name_m], [name_m]Boden[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sol[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Jesse[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Bryer[/name_m]

[name_m]Jude[/name_m] ~ very cool. Goes brilliantly with siblings.

[name_m]Kit[/name_m] ~ so sweet!

[name_m]Brooks[/name_m] ~ love with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

• [name_m]Nels[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Evans[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Rivers[/name_m]

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] ~ not one I am fond of but it goes well with siblings’ names.

• [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Wilford[/name_m]

[name_m]Renner[/name_m] ~ unexpected with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. I’m very unfamiliar with this one not really sure what to make of it.

• [name_m]Rohmer[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Rodger[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Roan[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Rowan[/name_m]

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] ~ love!! Fits so well.

• [name_m]Ottmar[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. Recently heard of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] on a boy. Longing for the day when this is normalised!
  • [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Miro[/name_m]

[name_m]Cal[/name_m] ~ I do like [name_m]Cal[/name_m] a lot, but I find it significantly more nicknamey and less retro than [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. It still works in the sibset.

• [name_m]Kelso[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Jac[/name_m], [name_m]Jacques[/name_m], [name_m]Jake[/name_m]

[name_m]Gabe[/name_m] ~ not one I’m fond of (but love Gabriel)

• [name_m]Gage[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Greer[/name_f]
  • [name_m]August[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Garnet[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Jem[/name_m]
1 Like

Thanks for your detailed thoughts! [name_m]Beau[/name_m], [name_m]Jude[/name_m], [name_m]Kit[/name_m] or [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] are definitely our front runners.

Should definitely have added that [name_m]Renner[/name_m] is only in the running for a middle spot! Our other children also have unusal middle names (Wynn and Ivo) which come from our familial heritage, as would [name_m]Renner[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] - Definitely a really nice name, I especially like how it can feel both elegant and casual depending on who wears it
[name_m]Jude[/name_m] - Hard to go wrong with, it has a nice sort of soft, down-to-earth feel to it
[name_m]Kit[/name_m] - For a boy it kinda gives YA character vibes to me, not really sure why? I don’t mean that as an insult or anything, just a weird personal association. Overall I have pretty mixed feelings, but I get why people like it, I think I’d just prefer it as a nickname
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m] - I like this on a boy, it feels really smart and streamlined with just a slight country undertone
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] - Maybe not the most exciting name ever, but I really like the vibe and feel of it, and the nicknames [name_m]Frank[/name_m] and [name_f]Frankie[/name_f]. Not something you hear a ton anymore so it’d be a nice surprise on a baby
[name_m]Renner[/name_m] - I like the overall vibe, but something about the sound puts me off slightly
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] - [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] cool in a clunky way, I’m honestly surprised it isn’t more popular and I’d be happy to see it
[name_m]Cal[/name_m] - Has some nice qualities, but hard to see on any age other than a teenager for me? I’d probably prefer it as a nickname for something else
[name_m]Gabe[/name_m] - Not my usual style but it just has a super sweet feel to it that makes me like it a lot, and every one I’ve met has been really nice. That said, I think most people would assume it’s short for [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], though I’m personally not against it on its own as long as you’re prepared for that

I really like your style, it has a nice balance of warmth and ruggedness. Some other ideas:
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]August[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Rory[/name_m]
[name_m]Denver[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Toby[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Reece[/name_m]
[name_m]Wendell[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Adair[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Max[/name_m]
[name_m]Parker[/name_m]
[name_m]Burt[/name_m]
[name_m]Robin[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]

I love [name_m]Beau[/name_m] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m] with your sibset!

• [name_m]Beau[/name_m] → handsome, bright and cool
  • [name_m]Jude[/name_m] → confident but gentle, calm but cool
  • [name_m]Kit[/name_m] → snappy and stylish and vintage too
  • [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] → outdoorsy and cool
  • [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] → rugged and handsome with a bit of elegance too
  • [name_m]Renner[/name_m] → cool and smart sounder, though different from H + N
  • [name_m]Otto[/name_m] → gorgeous, warm and lovely
  • [name_m]Cal[/name_m] → cool and relaxed
  • [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] → charming and friendly

A few ideas: [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_m]Nash[/name_m], [name_m]Nate[/name_m], [name_m]Jem[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Rhys[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Lawrence[/name_m], [name_m]Mack[/name_m], [name_m]Joss[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Len[/name_m], [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], [name_m]Rory[/name_m], [name_m]Toby[/name_m], [name_m]Alec[/name_m], [name_m]Robin[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]

Ooh I love you me children’s names and your list!

I think [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] and [name_m]Cal[/name_m] are great names and go well with your other children. [name_m]Kit[/name_m] is my favourite but I am completely biased as that is my little boy’s name!

(Side note - I’m not sure where you’re based or if popularity matters to you. I’m in the UK and am coming across a lot of baby/toddler Judes in real life and online. [name_m]Just[/name_m] FYI if that matters to you)

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Kit[/name_m]! Nearly used it myself.

[name_m]Renner[/name_m] has a really good, interesting meaning. It sounds great with your frontrunners in this list, and especially snappy with [name_m]Kit[/name_m], [name_m]Jude[/name_m] and [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] :heart:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m] are lovely. Here are my thoughts for a little brother-

Beau-I don’t love this one. I just don’t like the sound & the spelling doesn’t look natural. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s still better than [name_m]Bo[/name_m].

Jude-Love love love it. It has such soft, kind, romantic imagery, but is boyish too.

Kit-Cute & chappy & nice with your crew. I do like it better as a nn, but am okay with it as a full name. I like it as a nn for [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], which is kind of stretchy.

Brooks-Not my favorite. It’s really trendy & doesn’t feel right with the classy [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Franklin-That’s fun. It’s not a name that is on my radar, but I’m happy to see it on a list. It’s unexpected & strong but cuddly.

Renner-Hm. I don’t love the sound of that.

Otto-It’s growing on me. I kind of hear it a lot and see it on a lot of lists. It’s fun & quirky.

Cal-Totally love it, & it’s perfect for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Sounds like a baseball player name! It is kind of nick-namey on its own, right? [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite full name is [name_m]Calum[/name_m], but I also like [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].

Gabe-Also too nick-name-y on its own. I love [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], but really don’t love the sound of [name_m]Gabe[/name_m]. I kind of like [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] nn [name_m]Gibby[/name_m]!

Sorry for any repeats, but how about…

[name_m]Alec[/name_m]

[name_m]Charlie[/name_m]

[name_m]Clark[/name_m]

[name_m]Clive[/name_m]

[name_m]Eli[/name_m]

[name_m]Everett[/name_m]

[name_m]Gibson[/name_m]

[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

[name_m]Knox[/name_m]

[name_m]Levi[/name_m]

[name_m]Luke[/name_m]

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_m]Rafe[/name_m]

[name_m]River[/name_m]

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] top 3 for you are
[name_m]Jude[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Cal[/name_m]

And all 3 sound fantastic with [name_m]Renner[/name_m] as the middle!
[name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite is [name_m]Jude[/name_m] [name_m]Renner[/name_m]!

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] or [name_m]Jude[/name_m] would be fantastic with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]!

Top 3 faves:
[name_m]Cal[/name_m]
[name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Kit[/name_m]
Least 3:
[name_m]Renner[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabe[/name_m]

Beau would be a perfect addition to your trio! It’s gentle, charming, unexpected and distinct.

With your oldest children’s names, Jude, Brooks and Otto sound amazing as well.

Kit and Gabe are nice, but I think they look incomplete / insufficient next to the classic, sophisticated Nor@ and H3nry. I’m also not crazy about Cal. I’m not sure if you like them, but Caleb and Callum would be great!

Franklin and Renner are not my style, but I don’t have any strong reason to dislike them.

I think you may like Atticus, Asa, Jonah, Tobias / Toby, Damien, Ellis or Elliott, Percy, Edwin, Casper, Jack, Lincoln, Raphael, Alec, Martin, Philip, Isaac, Francis and David.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] & [name_m]Beau[/name_m] are sooooo sweet together, it’s my absolute favourite sibset

[name_m]Beau[/name_m] is by far my favourite from your list but if I had to pick others I’d maybe go with [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] as my second pick, then [name_m]Cal[/name_m] (but I’d do [name_m]Callum[/name_m] nn Cal), [name_m]Jude[/name_m] or [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] (but I’d do [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] nn Gabe)

[name_f]Truly[/name_f] though I love love love [name_m]Beau[/name_m] as a little brother for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and Henry!!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_m]Beau[/name_m] or [name_m]Jude[/name_m]!