felix & oscar?

we have a 2 yo named [name]Oscar[/name] - fits him perfectly. we’re expecting in [name]May[/name] - and will be surprised by the gender, but are lining up our favorite names for both boys and girls. we happen to adore the name [name]Felix[/name] - but are hesitant given the whole Odd Couple thing. is that an issue for this generation?? any other ideas for good matches for [name]Oscar[/name]? thanks!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] together!

I love both names, but not together because of the Odd Couple theme. (I was too young to have seen the show, but I still know that [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] were the Odd Couple…)

More names I can see with [name]Oscar[/name]:

[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

Best wishes! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Oscar[/name]! I really like [name]Felix[/name] too and I’ve never heard of the Odd Couple (that could just be from living under a rock). I’m 15 and live in NZ so don’t know if that makes a difference but if I were you I would go for it. [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] make a great sib-set! Some other suggestions (sorry for repeats):

Boys:
[name]Alcott[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Archie[/name] (nn for [name]Archibald[/name])
[name]August[/name]
[name]Barney[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Dudley[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Giles[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jared[/name]
[name]Jarvis[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Judah[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]/[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rueben[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

Girls:
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Libby[/name] (nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lottie[/name] (nn for [name]Charlotte[/name])
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name]/[name]Maisie[/name] (nn for [name]Margaret[/name])
[name]Millie[/name]/[name]Milly[/name] (nn for [name]Millicent[/name])
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Nellie[/name]
[name]Olive[/name] (creates an ‘O’ theme though)
[name]Opal[/name] (ditto)
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Posy[/name] (nn for [name]Josephine[/name])
[name]Rosie[/name] (nn for [name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosalind[/name])
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tillie[/name] (nn for [name]Matilda[/name])
[name]Willa[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

While [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] do go well together, I am in my mid-twenties and immediately thought of the Odd Couple.

I know an [name]Oscar[/name] that has a brother named [name]Ivan[/name] and think they flow well together.

I forgot the girls’ names! :slight_smile:

[name]Oscar[/name] and:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] (nn [name]Tibbie[/name])
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

(Sorry for repeats!)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] are great together! Nice choice. :slight_smile:
And while some may make the Odd Couple connection, I don’t think the names immediately conjure each other (like [name]Bert[/name] and [name]Ernie[/name] or [name]Ross[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name]).
I say go for it!
Oh, and I don’t know if this matters to you, but I know [name]Gillian[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] has an [name]Oscar[/name] and a [name]Felix[/name] (and a [name]Piper[/name]).

I love [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name]! I’ve never heard of the Odd Couple (I’m only 15) but think they compliment each other really well. I also like these with [name]Oscar[/name].

[name]Tobin[/name]/[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name] (Lachie)
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Baxter[/name]

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Zahra[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

I also know a brother and sister called [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Stella[/name].

What a perfect match! I love those names together! I have never heard of ‘The Odd Couple’ (sounds intriguing!), i live in [name]England[/name] and am 29 so maybe it wasn’t shown over here!?
Like i said i don’t know what the odd couple is, but you’d have to have a good excuse not to use these names together! :slight_smile:

Never heard of the Odd Couple…and wouldn’t make the association. I doubt if your sons generation will. I like [name]Oscar[/name] but [name]Felix[/name] makes me think of a cat! :slight_smile: I think it’s a cute name none the less though.

It may not be an issue for the upcoming generations, but the rest of us aren’t dead yet! I would say NO. Not together.

I’ve heard of the Odd Couple but I wouldn’t have associated that with [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] if it hadn’t been pointed out.

I’m in my mid-20s and live in the US, and I immediately think Odd Couple. I say, don’t do it.

I really love them together as well!

I also have an [name]Oscar[/name] - his twin is called [name]Fintan[/name] ([name]Oz[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]). I also know twins called [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Alfie[/name].

I wouldn’t do it,
I know two little oscars, one has a brother names [name]Julian[/name] and one has a brother named [name]Christian[/name] and a sister [name]Georgia[/name]

I’m also in my mid-twenties and say No [name]Way[/name]! [name]Even[/name] if kids your son’s age don’t get the reference, all the adults will. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a movie since it was originally a play, then a popular TV show, it’s kind of a timeless story, and since the names [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] are gaining in popularity if they ever [name]DO[/name] make a movie, I’d bet they keep the names. And then everyone in your sons’ generation would get the reference and wonder if you were an enormous fan of the show. I don’t know, I guess it’s not the end of the world, but… I wouldn’t do it.

Definitely not. As posted above, it is a classic play that is revived all the time. The characters have such strong types that I would be wary of setting up those sorts of expectations for my children.

[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] do go well together but you’re not the first person to realise this - on a site that surveys sib-set groups this pairing is the most commonly reported for either name. Whether this is due to the Odd Couple - who knows! Other commonly reported brothers for [name]Oscar[/name] include [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Finlay[/name] and [name]Hayden[/name]. [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] are also paired together as the name of a pizza restaurant, a pet store and a designer accessories store.

Other names I’d avoid are [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Mike[/name], [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Victor[/name] (all names along with [name]Oscar[/name] in the phonetic alphabet)

Here are some alternatives:-
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]George[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Stanley[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name]

I immediately think of the odd couple.
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]