Female Assassin Names

Hello! I’m writing a novel and it has a female assassin in it. I need a name for her. If anybody would like to help me, I’d be really grateful. The novel takes place in a fantasy world, where people are bound to a certain animal that they can shift into, shifters, animal demons, known as the Feur, fairies, known as Sylvs, and people who could shift into any living thing, which are called changelings

Anyway, she is tall, about 5’9, with long onyx black hair, up to her hips, with golden eyes. You can see flames in her eyes. She has a scar going across her abdomen.

She usually wears a black crop top with gold details, black tights with gold leaves that end right above her knees, and black boots, again with gold.

She is also seen with a black hooded cloak. She weighs about 150 lbs.

She spends most of her time in forests and trees

She is a changeling. She is also a princess of a fallen kingdom and has spent most of her life in the dungeon of the catsle, of the kingdom that took over hers.

Her name needs to be delicate and dangerous. It needs to make her give off an allure when people just say the name.

I would really appreciate the help!

:slight_smile:

[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]/[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_f]Viktoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Vitka[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Adira[/name_f]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] (this one means “little dark one”, too)
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lethe[/name_f]/[name_f]Letha[/name_f]/[name_f]Lethia[/name_f]

A lot of these names I came across and liked the sound of before finding out their meanings were related to fighting, so that was neat.

[name_f]Vittoria[/name_f]: Italian variation of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], I always thought it has a bada** sound to it and looks pretty written out)
[name_f]Melania[/name_f] / [name_f]Melaina[/name_f]: means “black”, kinda rolls off the tongue
[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]: “defending men”,
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]: “she who brings victory” (too popular?)
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]: “brave, strong”
[name_u]Rosario[/name_u]: doesn’t connect with the character too much, I just really like how this name sounds
[name_f]Oriel[/name_f]: “golden”
[name_f]Aloysia[/name_f]: “famous fighter”
[name_f]Audrina[/name_f]: “noble strength”
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]: “strength or exalted one”, I like that it’s short and sweet
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u]: “dark, dark haired” (too simple?)
[name_f]Tamala[/name_f]: “dark tree”
[name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]: “rival”
[name_f]Umbrielle[/name_f]: “one in the shadow”
[name_f]Silvanna[/name_f]: variation of [name_f]Silvia[/name_f], “from the woods”
[name_f]Elianna[/name_f]: pretty and different
[name_f]Arianna[/name_f]: I promise, I’m not intentionally looking for -anna names, they’re just really pretty to me
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]: I’ve always been fascinated by this name
[name_f]Clemencia[/name_f]: I really like how it sounds

I hope this is somewhat helpful. Your story sounds really interesting! I can never come up with species/ tribe/ group names but I like Feur and Sylvs :slight_smile:

[name_f]Orla[/name_f]: means “golden princess”
[name_f]Lotte[/name_f]: short form of [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]/[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], meaning “free man”
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]: means “order, beauty”
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]: (EE-fa) means “beautiful, radiant”
[name_f]Vivia[/name_f]: means “life”
[name_f]Lark[/name_f]: bird name
[name_f]Elke[/name_f]: ([name_f]EL[/name_f]-ka) means “noble”

Your story sounds great! I hope these ideas help!

Thank You so much! :slight_smile:

Fauve. It means wild (refers to animals) in [name_m]French[/name_m].

[name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest [name_f]Oriana[/name_f] (or [name_f]Orianne[/name_f] or some variation)? Means golden and has a [name_m]French[/name_m] origin I think. It’s just a name that I really like and I think it fits your character. Also consider:
[name_u]Ali[/name_u]énor
[name_f]Alyona[/name_f]: Russian origin
[name_f]Ashanti[/name_f]: “warlike”
[name_f]Asta[/name_f]: Scandinavian, means “divine beauty”
[name_f]Dalit[/name_f]: “flowing water”
[name_f]Elin[/name_f]: Norwegian version of [name_f]Helen[/name_f], “touch of light”
[name_f]Eryn[/name_f]
[name_u]Fallon[/name_u]
[name_f]Bruna[/name_f]: Germanic, “dark”
Karyan: Arabic, “dark”
[name_f]Kerra[/name_f]: Irish, “dark”
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f] (variation of [name_u]Kieran[/name_u])
Saden: Germanic, “black hearted”
Naeva: [name_m]French[/name_m], “born at night”
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
Orlina (Orlynah, Orleena, Orleana): [name_m]French[/name_m], “the golden child”
Shideh: “radiant”

One last think, if she’s both royalty and an assassin, maybe you’ll want to consider an alias (or several). Good luck!

That is a good idea, and I was considering it, as changelings, as in the novel, never tell their real names, and have multiple aliases. That would add to the character!

Thank you!