Female Names for Villain!

A few days ago, I posted a Thread asking for help naming the main characters in my story. I now have their names, but I just suddenly realized that I had forgotten one of the most important characters in any book-- the VILLAIN! I have been having a HUGE blank lately coming up with names, and I need help fast! This is the description:

The Villain: She is female, FYI. Most villains in the books I read are all male, so I decided to change things up a little here. She has long hair that is bright red and curly and bursts into flames when she gets angry. She has black eyes and is very, very pale. She is tall and always wears a crown that is made of human bones. She usually is wearing a dress that is black and made of lace. She is very beautiful and looks only to be about twenty when she is really hundreds of years old. She is literally CRAZY and demented, and thinks of herself as some kind of queen.

The first name that came to mind for her was [name]Seraphina[/name], but I alreadly have a character named [name]Seraphina[/name]. I need other long, uncommon names for the “[name]Queen[/name].” [name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions for her name? Please comment and help me! :smiley:

[name]Venetia[/name]
[name]Renata[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Cassiopeia[/name]
[name]Rafaela[/name]
[name]Jocasta[/name]

[name]Andromeda[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name] (reference to the red hair)
[name]Galatea[/name]
[name]Melicia[/name]
[name]Alexandria[/name]
[name]Rafaela[/name]
[name]Artemisia[/name]
[name]Aeronwen[/name] (Celtic goddess of war)
[name]Damia[/name]/[name]Damiana[/name] (“to kill”)
[name]Medea[/name]/[name]Medeia[/name] (ancient Greek murderess)
[name]Eris[/name] (goddess of chaos, discord)
[name]Ariadne[/name]

I heard [name]Jocasta[/name] up there, which made me think of obstinate/rebellious [name]Antigone[/name] of the Sophocles trio. Something about it sounds like a fiery-haired queen to me.

Thank you all so much for your ideas! I loved all of them, but I came up with a few other ideas and don’t know which of these names to use for the [name]Queen[/name]:

[name]Lilith[/name]
or
[name]Persephone[/name]
or
[name]Saphira[/name]?

I didn’t want to make a new poll when I could just ask here. So, which one should I use? [name]Lilith[/name], [name]Persephone[/name], or [name]Saphira[/name]? Please help! :wink:

That is crazy my first thought was [name]Seraphina[/name] would be a great villian! to bad it is already a character. Out of your choices I would say [name]Persephone[/name] works best. I can’t see [name]Lilith[/name] as a crazy, evil villain, she seems more like someone who is evil, but maybe has a bit of good in her. As for [name]Saphira[/name] is just to close to [name]Seraphina[/name].

I agree with girlymegz, [name]Saphira[/name] is too close to [name]Seraphina[/name]. And [name]Lilith[/name] already has her own villain story. Of those options, I’d definitely go with [name]Persephone[/name]–though it doesn’t sound particularly evil to me, but it’s a good name.

I was going to change [name]Seraphina[/name] to something else if I got comments saying that they liked [name]Saphira[/name]. If one of my characters wasn’t named [name]Seraphina[/name], would you like the name [name]Saphira[/name] for the [name]Queen[/name]? If not, what other name do you like out of these-- [name]Lilith[/name] or [name]Persephone[/name]? Keep the comments coming, please! :smiley:

Would [name]Persephone[/name] work for the other character? I think it’s beautiful and has a similar feel to [name]Seraphina[/name].

And yes, if you didn’t have a character named [name]Seraphina[/name] I think [name]Sapphira[/name] would be a great name for a villainous [name]Queen[/name].

Yes, if the other character was not named [name]Seraphina[/name] I think [name]Saphira[/name] would be the best of your three. Of the other two, [name]Lilith[/name] is the clear winner to me. [name]Persephone[/name] is the goddess of springtime, and is easily kidnapped and tricked into staying in the Underworld, so I’d find it hard to read a story with a character that has such a delicate name.

Thank you all SO much for your ideas and opinions! I have decided that [name]Saphira[/name] is the perfect name for the [name]Queen[/name]. I am changing [name]Seraphina[/name]'s name (another character in my story) to [name]Katarina[/name]. Thank you! :smiley: <3 <3 <3