Feminine Names on Boys

I always hear about boy names on girls, but have never heard about girl names on boys. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite for boys is [name_f]Ariya[/name_f] (spelled this way).

What do you guys think about girl/more “feminine” names on boys and which ones are your favorites?

1 Like

I love girl names on boys!! Even more than boy names on girls, though those are great, too

Ana
Vivian
Alma
Evelyn
Mackenzie
Marion
Clare
Leslie
Carol
Doris
Emory
Fern
Mallory
Myrtle
Nova
Vera
Pearl
Ruth
Shiloh
Susan
Victoria
Brooklyn
June

2 Likes

I love pretty much all the classic boys names which have ‘switched over’ and would love to see them come back for boys ~ Meredith, Vivian, Evelyn, Beverly, Malory, Hilary, Lesley, Sidney/Sydney.

Other than that I think pretty much any nature name is on the table! Some that spring to mind are Dove, Fern, Willow, Clover, Lavender, or days of the week/months of the year.

3 Likes

I think some of them are great! [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Lois[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Jade[/name_u], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Leontine[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] are some of my faves! Also, some that are unisex but more often used on girls, like [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Bryn[/name_u], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Cass[/name_u] and [name_u]Sky[/name_u] appeal

1 Like

For me Id love to ‘reclaim’ some names. [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_u]Mckenzie[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_u]Leslie[/name_u], [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] for me feel tired and over used/dated on girls but feels fresh and exciting on boys.

2 Likes

I think a lot of ‘feminine’ names are so lovely when used on a boy, and I’d like to see the traditionally masculine names start to revert back. There’s also some unisex names that heavily lean towards the girls that I’d just love to see gain more traction with the boys again.

Here are some of my favourites:
Meredith, Eden, Bailey, Hope, Oakley, Ellis, Salem, Briar, Bellamy, Indigo, Ivory, Ivy, Snow, Darcy, Moon,
Autumn, Ember, Iris, Joy, Winter, January, Muse.

And here are some other suggestions:
Morgan, Marley, Robin, Juniper, Evelyn, Harper, Shannon, Ebony, Avery, Indiana, Lux, March, Ellery, Tornado, Whimsy, Maren, Darby, Faith, Bonnie, Hira, Amber, Evening, Taryn, Dawn, Hazel, Maple, Charm, Ora, Shelby, Erin.

I adore the name [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] for boys. It’s of course the name of a goddess but I also associate it with [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] Fowl, a male character from a children’s book series. The name also just has a great sound that could in theory be lovely for someone of any gender.

Where I live [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is both a girl and a boy name and I like that.

I also think [name_u]Maria[/name_u] or [name_f]María[/name_f] works well as a middle name for Catholic boys.

I’m 100% set on naming my son [name_u]Paris[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

It’s just so beautiful. I never appreciated for a girl, but for a boy? It’s different. Like [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_u]Paris[/name_u] from the battle of [name_u]Troy[/name_u] or [name_u]Paris[/name_u] from [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] dreamy. I fell in love with [name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u] and that would be my ideal combo for that name.

4 Likes

Id also add [name_u]Angel[/name_u]. On a girl it feels very…I dont know …cliche? too on the nose? But for a boy it feels soft and calm.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it. Kind of a weird one, but I would enjoy [name_f]Iris[/name_f] on a boy.

2 Likes

ooh I second that!! love love love [name_u]Angel[/name_u] on a boy :love_letter:

2 Likes

Personally, I absolutely love [name_u]Winter[/name_u] for a little boy! I also love [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_u]Solstice[/name_u], and [name_u]Landry[/name_u]. Although, I will admit that I tend to lean more on the boy names on girls side. I just find names like [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u] so adorable on a girl :blush:

1 Like

I feel like a lot of Biblical names cross over well:

[name_f]Jerusha[/name_f]
[name_f]Iscah[/name_f]
[name_u]Jael[/name_u]
Merab
[name_f]Persis[/name_f]
[name_f]Salome[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
[name_f]Vashti[/name_f]
[name_f]Zillah[/name_f]

Same with some virtue names:
[name_f]Patience[/name_f]
[name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_f]Clemency[/name_f] (I know there is already a male version in [name_f]Clemence[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Clemency[/name_f] works too)
[name_u]Comfort[/name_u]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]
[name_u]Journey[/name_u]
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]

1 Like

I love so many of these creative names :heart_eyes:

We named our boy [name_u]Jessie[/name_u] Rose…like you, I always loved girl names for boys, not even unisex sounding.
His cousin, our nephew is now officially [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. Two cute boys with gentle girl names!

5 Likes

I love feminine names on boys, IMO most names are/can be gender neutral.

Some of my favorites are:
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Santana[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite actor is [name_u]Cary[/name_u] Elwes, my grandmas is [name_u]Cary[/name_u] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] so I have a deep love of the name [name_u]Cary[/name_u]. I also love [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] on a boy because of my favorite film writer, [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] Whannell.

I really like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and [name_u]July[/name_u] for a boy, as well as [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], all the names originally for boys that are more commonly used for girls.

@EJram
[name_f]My[/name_f] sons name is [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] but he goes by [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] most of the time (he’s a jr.)

1 Like

I know a male [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_u]Hilary[/name_u], [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] and [name_u]Lesley[/name_u]! [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] is about 45 years old, while the rest are over 80. I also know an elderly male [name_u]Florence[/name_u].
(I’m in [name_u]Ireland[/name_u], where none of those names is very common, it’s just a coincidence that I happen to know all five.)

1 Like