Fictional Sibset Predicament - Poll

I have a predicament.

I have this sibset in this story I’m writing that I had all squared away, but now I’m questioning it. So, their dad is from [name_f]France[/name_f] and their mom is from [name_f]Jamaica[/name_f]. Their first names are [name_u]Zion[/name_u], Zanthia, & Zavien, and their middles are [name_u]Bravery[/name_u], [name_f]Spirit[/name_f], & [name_u]Valor[/name_u] or [name_u]Bravery[/name_u], Courage, & [name_u]Valor[/name_u] or [name_u]Bravery[/name_u], [name_f]Spirit[/name_f], & Courage.

My predicament is this: I feel like their mom got to have her own personal flair with their first names, so should their dad get to have their middle names be in his mother tongue or should they just be in [name_f]English[/name_f] bc they’re living in an [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking country? I have tried and tried to decide and I just can’t so y’all are gonna do it for me.

For reference, in [name_u]French[/name_u] their middles would be:

Bravery = Bravoure
[name_f]Spirit[/name_f] = Espirit
[name_u]Valor[/name_u] = Valeur
Courage = Courage (pronounced with a [name_u]French[/name_u] accent)

• French middles
  • English middles

0 voters

I’d love it if you explained why you chose the one you did!

1 Like

I voted for [name_u]French[/name_u] middle names. They’re close enough to english for english-speakers to know what they mean, but it’s an extra nod to their dad with a flair. Plus, they just sound cool. [name_u]Zion[/name_u] Bravoure? Zanthia Espirit? Yes, please, A+.

2 Likes