Fifth Baby, plus need a new mn for #3

Firstly congratulations! :partying_face::partying_face:

Your children have wonderful names! I was thinking as [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] wants to have [name_m]William[/name_m] as his middle name could you have a variant of [name_m]William[/name_m]. Like maybe [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Liam[/name_u] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Billy[/name_u]? I like the idea of [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Liam[/name_u] :heart:
[name_m]Tamarack[/name_m] is long but it’s a sentimental choice and maybe having [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m] could be cool alternatively maybe [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_f]Tamar[/name_f]?
You’ve had a few suggestions for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]’s middle name so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Willis[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
I would ask whether [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] has any ideas for his middle name especially as it seems he’s old enough for an opinion he could have some great ideas.

Onto baby number 5 firstly that’s really exciting and good luck with your pregnancy hopefully everything goes smoothly!
You’ve had a lot of suggestions from the berries so take any repeats as me being in agreement with them.
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_f]Coral[/name_f] and…
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
You’ve obviously mentioned [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] as being a potential first name if baby #5 is a boy as it’s your husband’s middle name. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is a lovely name really soft and handsome. I also think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] works with your children’s names! But here are some more suggestions if your not 100% certain on [name_m]Samuel[/name_m].
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_f]Coral[/name_f] and…
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Quinton[/name_m]

Honestly good luck with everything and I just want to say as someone who has been through an abusive relationship in the past it’s lovely to hear other happy stories from survivors. I’m really happy that your in a new relationship with someone who seems lovely and your having another child with him. Once again congratulations!

2 Likes

When Inwas pregnant with my third we asked my older two often for their name suggestions. Cheesestick [name_u]Frost[/name_u] was the first combo they came up with… it all went down hill from there! :joy:

I will say if he’s dead set in [name_m]William[/name_m] there are variants/ and other similar names of the name that can be considered

Williamson
[name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m]
[name_u]Wiley[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilkie[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilkinson[/name_m]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilbert[/name_m]

2 Likes

Thank you so much…we have worked so hard to get here and it is nice having everyone feel like they’re in control of their own stories :heartpulse:

Love your name suggestions.

2 Likes

Ok, we have a bit of a list going.

Honoring [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]’s wish of using [name_m]William[/name_m]. At four years old it seems quite sensible and loving to want to use the same name his older brother and who he knows as a father figure. If he chooses something later on by bringing it up on his own we will revisit that. It was not my first choice to have two kids with the same middle name though :joy::sob:

For boys we are liking:
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Bowie[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Jay[/name_u]

Girls:
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_u]Bowie[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] (sp. [name_f]Aida[/name_f]) [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Una[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Caia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

I really these other boy names like [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] but I feel like it doesn’t fit with our last name, and I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] as well but friends have used it. A few others on here too. [name_m]Man[/name_m], boy names are hard for me!

1 Like

This a lovely list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Bowie[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

1 Like

Mine too!

My mom even liked [name_f]Juno[/name_f] and that surprised me. [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] has been mentioned too, and I love these O endings but not sure I’m sold on it. Any of them feel like good balance to [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] which feels important to me but maybe I’m making a big deal idk.

Will keep everyone updated!

3 Likes

This is such a great list! For a boy, I really like [name_u]Bowie[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]–full of energy and personality, but with a little bit of a soft side, too. I love [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] too though, so I’m afraid I’m not much help there. From your girl’s list, I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], although [name_f]Ada[/name_f] would probably get my vote to avoid a repeat initial. You really can’t go wrong here though!

1 Like

I think using [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] or [name_m]William[/name_m] for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is a great idea. If he loves it, that’s all that matters. I think it’s OK to use [name_m]Samson[/name_m] as a first name if [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]’s middle name. Few people know middle names.

3 Likes

Glad to hear [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] has his new middle! If you’re liking the o sounds there are others to also consider:
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]

I’m sure there’s others but that’s what’s at the top of my head! Loving the name [name_m]Samson[/name_m]! And also loving [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Caia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with @kipperbo1. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great point!

1 Like

If [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] is really wanting [name_m]William[/name_m] as his MN, I say go for it. It’s a MN.

If he likes any of these variations, these would work too!

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Liam[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Willis[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] (as in [name_m]Will[/name_m]'s son)

For baby #5, I would like to suggest:

• [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m]
  • Samuel Tamarack
1 Like

Thank you. Yeah it’s kind of like at this point it’s the least of our worries :upside_down_face: he seems very set on it! I guess he could always change it if he wanted to when he was older but he’s old enough to remember choosing it. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your name suggestions!

2 Likes

Jasper- [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u](means to replace), [name_m]Willson[/name_m], [name_m]Wills[/name_m], [name_m]Trey[/name_m], . [name_u]New[/name_u] baby names - [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]Denver[/name_u], [name_u]Tanner[/name_u], [name_m]Forester[/name_m], [name_u]Banner[/name_u], [name_m]Carver[/name_m], [name_m]Farmer[/name_m], [name_u]Gardener[/name_u]. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], [name_u]Laurel[/name_u], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Tulip[/name_f], [name_f]Season[/name_f].

1 Like

What about a [name_m]William[/name_m] variant for [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]? Like [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m], [name_m]Willem[/name_m], [name_m]Gwylym[/name_m], [name_u]Wiley[/name_u], [name_m]Vilhelm[/name_m], [name_m]Fitzwilliam[/name_m], [name_m]Gilman[/name_m], [name_m]Wilmot[/name_m]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] perhaps your husband’s middle name for him? It’s really nice that he wants to be connected to him!
[name_m]Tamarack[/name_m] is very pretty! I think it would make a great middle for your new baby.

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Kellen[/name_m]

[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

I LOVE [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m] & don’t find it too long at all, same # of syllables as [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]. But honestly I’d consider letting [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] take [name_m]William[/name_m] as well - I personally wouldn’t want to create jealousy over one having a connection like that to their dad when the other doesn’t, and it could be a nice tradition for the boys (#5 could even be [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m], which I find gorgeous). I noticed that the girls’ names are both colors, what do you think about [name_f]Jade[/name_f] (a gem and a color) for #5?
Best of luck to you and your family - so happy for you!

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with that list!

1 Like

I love that idea!

1 Like

I’ll see what the husband says. [name_m]Tamarack[/name_m] is a type of tree used to make both snowshoes and ships, and an Anglicized form of indigenous hackmatack and other variants. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] connection to all of it.

1 Like