Final List - Please don't abandon me now, Berries!

[name]Hi[/name], Berries. You’ve been so helpful–mind if I ask for your opinion yet again?

As many of you know, my husband and I have decided on the first name [name]North[/name] for a son. Our last name is Gilbertson and we already have a boy named [name]Luke[/name] [name]Franco[/name]. We’ve narrowed our choices to the following and would love to hear which you would pick (and why, if you don’t mind).

Here goes:

[name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Marcus[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Abram[/name] Gilbertson

We’re leaning towards [name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] (though the NAG initials still give me some pause). We’d love any feedback on the above combinations, and are still open to other suggestions as well.

FYI: [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], and [name]Zachary[/name] have been taken by other family members.

Thanks again for your continued help.

Must get to bed!

[[name]Hope[/name] you disregard the off-the-wall post above.]

[name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] Gilbertson-- I do like the name and the flow of [name]Adam[/name]. It’s probably do-able, but because of the initials, personally, I would choose something else.

[name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] Gilbertson - This is my favorite combo on your list. Since [name]North[/name] is quite unconventional as a first name, using a more classic middle name balances the name. Also, the flow is nice with the 1-syllable, 2-syllable, and 3-syllable set of names.

[name]North[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] Gilbertson - As noted above, I prefer a more classic middle name in this case and also prefer the flow of [name]Thomas[/name] instead.

[name]North[/name] [name]Marcus[/name] Gilbertson - This is my second favorite, but still much prefer [name]Thomas[/name].

[name]North[/name] [name]Abram[/name] Gilbertson - Not bad, except - as noted - I would avoid the NAG initials.

Good luck!

One of the reasons that I like nameberry is that it is a very harmonious and polite place, so please ignore outburst above.

I feel that [name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] Gilbertson is the name to choose because it is a heart pick for you and I like the combo of [name]Adam[/name] Gilbertson and if [name]North[/name] ever wants to use his middle name then [name]Adam[/name] Gilbertson is a handsome name.

all the best,

rollo

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]North[/name]. :smiley:
Of your list, I prefer the flow of [name]Thomas[/name].

[name]North[/name] is such a great name! My favorite combo would have to be [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. I agree that it’s nice to have a classic name that balances out the somewhat unconventional (in a good way) [name]North[/name]. If you chose [name]Adam[/name] or [name]Abram[/name], t’s possible that [name]North[/name] wouldn’t mind the NAG initials… but I wouldn’t want to risk it. You never know what a kid might fixate on or be really bothered by. [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is great!

Sorry, everyone, disappeared the outburst now.

And I am pleased to say that I agree with the posters above who like [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] the best. I love [name]North[/name] and think the contrast between its unconventionality and [name]Thomas[/name]'s very traditional feel and history works beautifully. There’s nothing wrong with [name]Adam[/name], of course, and if that’s where your heart lies, then you should choose it. The initials NAG are not great but not forbidding, either. But in an even race, I’d go with [name]Thomas[/name].

I adore the name [name]North[/name]! I have seen a few members considering this name lately, and I love it!

[name]Adam[/name] is one of my favorite boys names, and if it means a LOT to you, I would use it even with the NAG initials. However, I think [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is an outstanding name! I love that combo. If you feel similar about the name [name]Thomas[/name] as you do [name]Adam[/name], I would definitely use [name]Thomas[/name]. But like I said, I wouldn’t “settle” on a middle name just so the initials are more appealing. Although NAG is far from ideal, there are far worse things the initials can spell. I can’t wait to hear what you decide.

I love and adore the name [name]North[/name]. It has such a strong and masculine feeling! I am placing it in the middle name slot if we have a fourth son and going to name him [name]Raphael[/name] [name]North[/name].
I adore the pairing of [name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] Gilbertson. While NAG wouldn’t be the greatest initials there are much much worse ones. And if you heart is on [name]Adam[/name] then go for it! :slight_smile:
I think [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] would be my second favorite off your list.
BTW [name]Luke[/name] [name]Franco[/name] is a great name!

I like [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] the best too— it seems to flow really nicely to me.

Everytime I say “[name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name]” outloud, it sounds like one long word, like Northadam, instead of two distict names, but [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] because of the “th” followed by hard “t” sound are separate, and I like it much better.

Good luck with your choices, I think [name]North[/name] is a very kewl name!!

[name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] sounds perfect with your last name, in my opinion. I actually like all of your combinations, but I agree with everyone who’s suggested using a more traditional name with [name]North[/name]. Which, by the way, is a really cool name!

Good luck!

I love [name]North[/name]! I knew a [name]North[/name] growing up and the name didn’t seem nearly as ‘nontraditional’ as you might think. It really fits in with the more common boys names while standing out. Great choice! Like the above posters, I like [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] the most with [name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] a distant second.

I like [name]Thomas[/name] the most even though I said go for [name]Adam[/name] because I think it is her favourite.

[name]North[/name] seems to be a winner! I always liked the name [name]Adam[/name], and have been hoping for a comeback. Have you considered:
[name]Adam[/name] [name]North[/name] Gilbertson
Three pluses: 1) initials are ANG (not NAG) 2) [name]Adam[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] feel more symmetrical as first names 3) you could still call him “[name]North[/name]” :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], everyone. Thank you so much for your support. I actually didn’t read the “outburst” from the early poster. By the time I logged on, it had been removed. I’m assuming this person didn’t share my fondness for the name [name]North[/name]? Or, have my posts somehow annoyed or offended? I know I’ve been a bit repetitive in my threads, but I’m trying to resolve this naming issue and I value your feedback so much.

Anyway, seems [name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] Gilbertson is a favorite, with [name]North[/name] [name]Adam[/name] coming in second. I must admit, the NAG initials continue to nag. I’d hate to ignore this uncertainty now, only to regret it later. My husband prefers the name [name]Thomas[/name] over [name]Adam[/name], and I really like [name]Thomas[/name], too, though the constant playing of [name]Thomas[/name] the Tank Engine DVDs in our home is challenging my love of the name. I realize, however, that [name]Thomas[/name] the Tank Engine will not last forever.

Thanks again. You’ve been so helpful!

Oh gosh, not at all. There was someone that evidently created an account during the middle of the night, and went on and posted random (and very obnoxious) posts on a number of threads. I doubt they even read your post, to be honest…it seemed very random. They sounded either very drunk, or like an 8 year old child trying to ruffle some feathers.