Final Monster List Wrap-Up!

Such a lovely list. Although I haven’t been following along your name journey, I had to stop in and say when I saw [name_u]Alder[/name_u] on your list it about took my breath away. Such a simple, natural name, yet so utterly unexpected.

2 Likes

Wow! Your list is stunning! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u], [name_u]Noor[/name_u], [name_f]Olwen[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]!

2 Likes

What an incredible list of names! :blue_heart: I’m so excited to see what you end up going with if you decide to share! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are: [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f], [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u], [name_u]Noor[/name_u], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Reverie[/name_f], and [name_u]Willow[/name_u]–but oh my goodness, you have nothing but amazing choices here :heart_eyes: Good luck!!

2 Likes

I will come back with soooooooo many more thoughts about your lovely final list (fellow pnw resident and name enthusiast here!) but I just wanted to say off the cuff that Cozy is so sweet and also how delightful would [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] be as a [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] nn as well?

2 Likes

You have a wonderful list! And congratulations!

2 Likes

What a lovely list. I feel like you can’t go wrong with any of these choices. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list: [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] (love Orphan [name_m]Black[/name_m]!), [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f], [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] (don’t see her very often, so love this), [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f].

2 Likes

I bid you good luck on choosing your daughters name, you really have some beautiful names

2 Likes

I have to ditto [name_f]Grace[/name_f] on this one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m SO beyond excited for you and to see what you come up with in the end! I fell off the helpful wagon with your last thread because I’m about to move and hardly have time for this site right now, but wanted to pop in and say I’m in love with your final picks and have every confidence that your little nugget will have one of the most magical names ever.

I have to say I’m rooting for [name_f]Illyria[/name_f], [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] or [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] :wink:

Will be thinking of you in [name_u]March[/name_u] :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve whipped up a few combos that have beautiful meanings and I thought I’d share! I didn’t manage to squeeze all the names in; some of them just didn’t call to me. But here are a few, hopefully something sparks you here!

Elowen [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]
“a fairy tale in the elm forest”

Illyria [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
“living star that sings beneath the moon”

Nimue [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
“pale wanderer of the moonlit forest”

Wisteria [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]
“flowers of devotion springing up in the snow”

Alder Lunaria [name_u]Snow[/name_u]
”honesty opens the entrance to the winter faerie realm”

Melusine Lunaria [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
“moon-like water spirit of the evening”

Nimue [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
”helpful lady of the moon-lit lake”

Zelda [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] [name_u]Noor[/name_u]
“strong fighting maid of light”

Olwen [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]
“white flowers springing up in the snow”

Circe [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
“enchanting, beautiful lady who encircles boldly”

Octavia [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]
“the eighth singing bird of light”

Ophelia [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f]
“one who gives refuge in a dream-like forest”

Morwenna [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
”lady of the moon, lake and White [name_u]Sea[/name_u]”

Morwenna [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
”dream-like moon shining upon the waves of the sea”

Illyria [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
”living spark of light above the waves of the sea”

6 Likes

WORDS CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS the absolute amazingness of this entire post, but I will approximate by informing you that my internal self is turning in circles and emitting teakettle noises. ALL OF THE HEART EYES. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Every[/name_f] single one of these is so beautiful and meaningful and lights my heart on fire. I don’t even know where to begin!

This is exactly the imagery I receive from this combo, and I am enthralled that you managed to put it into words!

THIS. MEANING. oh, my heart!

I find this absolutely gorgeous, and the fact that I can see how you’ve woven the meanings together means that I can start approximating an imitation of your process by swapping out a name here and there. For example, [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] might then be “pale wanderer in the forest of ferns?” Which is just SO. MAGICAL.

Not only do I love this as is, but the imagery you’ve presented by connecting [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] and [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] is making me picture wisteria vines growing in her footsteps instead of white clovers, and if that is not the most magical image…!

Are you a writer?? [name_u]Poet[/name_u]?? Because if not, you absolutely should be. The way you take these abstract symbols and translate them into the most lyrical meanings is so, SO captivating!

This is utterly dreamy! I love the way you’ve interwoven [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] to create a whole new character in my mind.

I never would have thought to pair [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]'s proud, bold, warrioresque energy with [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], who feels very elusive, silvery, and slippery to the touch, and [name_u]Noor[/name_u], who feels cool and ethereal and remote. But with the way you knit their meanings together, they suddenly make sense as a combo!

I love, love, LOVE these three together, even before I read the meaning you crafted. This combo is just dripping with wintry fairy tale magic.

I am practically swooning over this combination! I love each of these three names so much individually, and together, they just sing! [name_m]Even[/name_m] the rhythm and sound of all the syllables together is so harmonious to my ears.

I super love this illustration of how [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]'s less-than-inspiring meaning as a standalone name can still be woven into a combination with other names to create something beautiful. As an herbalist, I’m always preaching the synergistic approach, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and here is a dose of my own medicine - presented in the loveliest way, of course!

So beyond enchanted with this meaning you have crafted…! A dream-like forest is exactly what I picture with these three names.

Once again, I feel like you’ve stitched individual names together to create an entirely new, self-contained character, a goddess of moon and water. This is exactly the feeling that [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] has always given to me, but I couldn’t put it into words!

How perfectly magical is this imagery?? It just takes my breath away!

Once again, I am enchanted by your ability to take these individual meanings and craft them into something so specific and evocative.

This entire post was just a feast for my imagination, and I expect I will be coming back to it again and again for inspiration. THANK YOU @alatari, truly! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Wonderful list. Still rooting for Lunaria [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] which was my suggestion in your other post so I am pleased to see these names still. Something about Lunaria [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] is so majestic, earthy and betwitching. [name_m]Can[/name_m]'t wait to see what you call her. :blush:

3 Likes

You have a beautiful list!

My top—

Silvestra
[name_u]Nightingale[/name_u]
Lunaria
[name_f]Lumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]

I’d love a [name_f]Silvestra[/name_f] [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]!

1 Like

Omg, I’m so glad you love them! I have been a bit stressed lately and it was such a soothing process to come up with these combos, truly medicine for my daydreaming soul.

I was going to put [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], but I ended up swapping for [name_f]Moon[/name_f] because my Cancerian self is obsessed with all things lunar. But I LOVE this combo for you, it’s close to [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] which you’ve had in your UC, and definitely gives me lush, deep green with a touch of silvery magic. I love it!!

Haha, this is too lovely of you. I am a born writer who has to get over my own self-confidence issues - so this comment means a lot to me! :white_heart:

I am really feeling the lack of [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] in my list, so I thought I’d add one more that I came up with using her!

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
“radiant beauty, order and strength of the universe”

2 Likes

@anon25197097 - I am so glad you’re pleased with the final list! Lunaria and [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] are both still here! Lunaria especially has been haunting my dreams lately, but in the best way.

@EllieWilbury - Thanks so much for you feedback! [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] and Lunaria are both in my top ten right now, for sure.

@alatari - I am delighted to hear that this has been a mutually beneficial experience! I’ve so appreciated all your insights, and knowing that interacting with my list has been soothing rather than spoon-draining for you lets me enjoy the fruits of your labours without feeling guilty, lol.

I completely understand the lunar feels! We’re a very lunar little tribe ourselves. T is a Pisces, and S is a Cancer, while I’m a bit of an odd duck - [name_m]Leo[/name_m] sun, but with 5 planets in my 12th house, so my chart is Pisces dominant, even though I have no planets in that actual sign. And if Nugget arrives within a week of their due date on either side, they’ll be a Pisces as well! I know PIsces is ruled by [name_u]Neptune[/name_u] rather than the [name_f]Moon[/name_f], but I always feel like all the water signs are a little extra susceptible to those lunar influences.

I am really in love with [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] right now. I hadn’t even noticed the similarity to [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] until you pointed it out, but that was one of my top two before S gave [name_f]Lily[/name_f] the veto. I kept quite a few of the nature and word names on the hospital list, but I have a feeling that for this category, it’s going to come down to [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_u]Alder[/name_u]. S is head over heels for [name_f]Fern[/name_f], and T is really loving [name_u]Alder[/name_u], and of course I’m swooning over both of them.

I knew it! You have such a deft hand with wordcraft and symbolism and meaning, all of which indicate to me that someone has the writing gene. I relate so hard to the knowledge that you’re born to do something and the way that bumps up against self-doubt and messages from society that you’ll never measure up to some arbitrary standard. Next time you need a confidence boost, just remember - if a random stranger on an internet forum can tell you have the gift just from reading your posts, there’s clearly something undeniable in you shining through even just your day-to-day interactions! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a beautiful and meaningful list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_f]Circe[/name_f] (I was initially concerned about usability but having seen it more often along with some of your lovely combos, the beautiful lyrical sound won me over), [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], Lunaria (never heard this before but SO pretty), [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], and [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

2 Likes

Oh, all these names are so witchy! I love Lunaria.

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] checking in to say I’m waiting with baited breath for your combo to surface in the Birth Announcements!!!

1 Like

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

Your wait is finally over! I am sorry it took me this long to make the announcement, but here it is!

2 Likes