Final three - MUST decide! Today!

OK, we are finally and still at:

[name]William[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] ([name]Charles[/name] as the formal name)
[name]Duncan[/name]

Middle name is Hawkins, last name starts with a T and is two syllables.

[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]William[/name] have been battling it out, and then [name]Duncan[/name] is a late addition. I worry [name]Charlie[/name] is cute but a little young, and that [name]William[/name] is just too common. [name]Duncan[/name] is a late add, but we really like it and appreciate that its very familiar but not trendy.

Help! Thank you!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’d definitely go with [name]William[/name] Hawkins T.! Not only is the 3-2-2 syllabic pattern much more appealing than a 2-2-2 pattern, but [name]William[/name] provides excellent nickname options such as [name]Will[/name], [name]Wills[/name], [name]Willie[/name], and even [name]Liam[/name]! I really love it. I don’t think it is too common, really, either…

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I second the choice of [name]William[/name]. Although I think I prefer [name]Charles[/name] to [name]William[/name], [name]William[/name] Hawkins looks and sounds better than [name]Charles[/name] Hawkins. I adore the nickname [name]Will[/name]. Good luck!

I love [name]Charles[/name] a little more than [name]William[/name]. I think that [name]Charlie[/name] is a little more rakish than [name]William[/name], that he has a twinkle in his eye and is lots of fun to he around, although if he is [name]Charles[/name] he has his serious side and will perhaps decide to do his Masters Degree.

[name]William[/name] is a friendly name with lots of class, although sometimes people muddle his name and it sounds more like [name]Willem[/name]. I think that [name]Will[/name] and [name]Wills[/name] are handsome nn’s. [name]William[/name] is a handsome fellow.

I think that while [name]Duncan[/name] is a really nice person, he is more Scottish and unless you are going for that theme he may be the odd one out in the family. I think if he has a sibling named [name]Charles[/name] or [name]William[/name] he needs to be [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Hamish[/name] [name]Duncan[/name].

My personal preference is [name]Duncan[/name]!
[name]Charles[/name] and [name]William[/name] are handsome, but so very ho-hum to my ears.

Between those two though, [name]William[/name] is my favorite.

Good luck!

[name]William[/name] gets my vote. It is handsome, distinguished, and intelligent sounding. Plus is come with a wealth of nn options.

I like [name]Charlie[/name] more than [name]William[/name], it’s a little more impish which is always a good thing in my books

I also like [name]Duncan[/name] though its a different feel from [name]William[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]

My vote goes for [name]Charlie[/name] in first place, then [name]Duncan[/name], then [name]William[/name]

My choice is [name]William[/name] Hawkins T. As a previous poster said, the 3-2-2 syllable pattern flows and has more rhythm than the 2-2-2 pattern. I also love [name]William[/name]'s many nn options. I think I like [name]Charles[/name] as a name a bit more than [name]William[/name] but only because [name]William[/name] feels slightly too common. [name]Both[/name] are wonderful though. As for [name]Duncan[/name], I feel like its style is far different than [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]William[/name] and that might restrict your choices for possible future siblings. I’m also not a huge fan of [name]Duncan[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree with the comments recommending [name]William[/name] Hawkins as the best name!

Definitely [name]William[/name] Hawkins. [name]Charles[/name] Hawkins sounds a bit stuffy and [name]Duncan[/name] Hawkins doesn’t sound very good together. [name]Will[/name] is an excellent nickname for [name]William[/name], imho, or even [name]Liam[/name] for a more European feel.

o0o I like [name]Duncan[/name]!! It’s familiar, but not common like the other two… first name is more important then middle… you should get a first name you like best and then pick middle to go with first and last. :slight_smile:

I’m going with [name]Lemon[/name] here, these are my same reasons for this name-love! I think [name]Liam[/name] is an amazing nn!

Definitely [name]Charles[/name]! You’re right that [name]William[/name] is overly popular and nicknames [name]Will[/name] and [name]Bill[/name] are downright boring. Your only qualm with [name]Charles[/name] is that [name]Charlie[/name] sounds youthful, but you’re not naming him [name]Charlie[/name], that’s what the full name [name]Charles[/name] is for - when he grows up and wants to be taken more seriously. [name]Duncan[/name] reminds me of Dunkin’ Donuts. I just don’t think it has any of the charm and sophistication that [name]Charles[/name] has. It just sounds really dweeby to me, and I think a kid would have to be impossibly cool to pull it off. Plus, [name]Duncan[/name] Hawkins sounds extremely sing-songy.

I love [name]Duncan[/name]! It is not as common as the other two and is still just as classic. I prefer [name]Charles[/name] over [name]William[/name] but don’t like the sound of [name]Charles[/name] Hawkens. Maybe it is because they both end in s. Go with [name]Duncan[/name] it’s great!

I agree. You can find Charlies and [name]Williams[/name] everywhere, but [name]Duncan[/name] is a real standout and a great name as well. I actually like [name]Charles[/name] better than [name]William[/name], though.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Duncan[/name] - there’s nothing wrong with [name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Charles[/name] or [name]William[/name], but they are just too “regular” for me. [name]Duncan[/name] is slightly unusual but not unfamiliar, as I think another poster pointed out. I think whichever name you end up choosing out of these three will sound great, though!