First Impressions of Ramona

Hey Berries!
We’ve been working on our names list as we TTC. This was a name we hadn’t thought of and we have been falling in love! and it would honor my husband’s grandma [name_f]Mona[/name_f], which makes it sweeter! Full name would be [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u].
What are y’alls first impressions of a [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]??

2 Likes

It reminds me of the book series by [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] [name_m]Cleary[/name_m]. I think [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is super cute and definitely usable. I think [name_u]Romy[/name_u] would be a spunky nickname too. I think [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is a great way to honor [name_f]Mona[/name_f].

1 Like

I LOVE RAMONA I HAVE SINCE I READ RAMONA THE BRAVE WHEN I WAS FOUR!!

Sorry I just love [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] so much! I have it in my user card. :wink:

Ramona [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is beautiful!

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is sweet! I think it’s quite underused but it still feels familiar. Nicknames [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] are really cute.

So cute!

LOVE!! [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is one of my very favorites. I wish I heard it more often.

Ramona is a great name, in my opinion! It sort of falls into the ‘familiar yet exotic sounding’ category for me - along with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], for example.

I adore [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]! It sounds smart and feisty, with the lovely storybook connection and a nice shot of rock n roll cool too :sunglasses:

It was a top contender for my own daughter, and I love the combo [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u].

1 Like

Ramona is very cool! Spunky, clever, and sweetly offbeat. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is very cute!

I love [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]! So funky and cool, but vintage. Great names

Ramona [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is funky and cute! I like it a lot

1 Like

I adore it! It’s on my name list with my husband as well. :slight_smile: Very sweet and spunky, but distinguished.

1 Like

The name [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is very nostalgic for me because I loved the [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] Clearly books when I was a kid. It’s a nice, spunky name and I love all the nicknames.

1 Like

I have a grandma [name_f]Mona[/name_f] too, and it’s kind of a dreadful name. But I’ve always loved the idea of [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] as an honor name!!

Plus, as much as I’d love to be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] or [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_m]Quimby[/name_m] is very much my literary alter ego.

2 Likes

Another [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] lover here. The [name_m]Quimby[/name_m] character is a big appeal, but I also just love the R beginning and distinctive, feminine and sassy, sounds. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] has a good mid C20th vibe.

1 Like

Ramona always sounds very regal to me, maybe even a bit mysterious. Its a lovely name, and I adore [name_f]Mona[/name_f]!

1 Like

I really like it! I immediately think of [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_m]Quimby[/name_m] and then of [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] Flowers, but the name holds up very well despite of character associations. It’s regal, pretty, and unique!!

1 Like

Ramona is so sweet! I can imagine a [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] reading countless books in a field of flowers.

1 Like

They only [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] I’ve ver met was my grandma’s neighbor, so to me it was always an old woman name. Then, I discovered the character of [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_m]Quimby[/name_m] and the names became nicer and more cheerful. It’s quirky and bright, [name_f]Mona[/name_f] is a cute nickname, and also is [name_m]Ra[/name_m]/Ro or even [name_f]Minnie[/name_f].

Ramona [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is pretty sweet and cool.

1 Like

I think it is rlly cute! [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is a lovely combo, though i first think of [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] Clearly, like @bjoy i would love being a [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] just as much as [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] and [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] :heart:

I LOVE IT!!!

1 Like