First Lines of Your Stories

Hey guys! I always love reading the first line of a story, and I figured this would be a great place for everyone to share their favorite first lines from their stories!

Here are mine:

[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] With The Kanes: “For the record, it’s not my fault that the kitchen smells like an arsonist’s daydream.”

[name_u]Delta[/name_u] [name_u]Langley[/name_u] Is NOT The Main Character: “No matter how many times she was kidnapped, [name_u]Delta[/name_u] never did get used to the way the ropes rubbed against her wrists.”

[name_u]True[/name_u] Colors: “Emalyn could no longer remember what color the sky was.”

Shock Value: “There was something oddly surreal about staring at one’s own grave.”

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] To [name_f]Selma[/name_f]: “If there was one thing [name_f]Davina[/name_f] had learned, it was this: do not, under any circumstances, teach crows poetry.”

4 Likes

Well… mine aren’t super interesting, especially since I started most of them before I started high school, but here goes.

[name_f]My[/name_f] Best Friends, [name_f]My[/name_f] Sisters: “It was a warm, sunny day, on the last day of school.”

No Longer A [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_f]Girl[/name_f]: “I tearfully hugged my friends as we walked out of the auditorium.”

A [name_m]Little[/name_m] Bit of Romance and A [name_m]Little[/name_m] Bit of Family: “Yay!!”

[name_u]Strong[/name_u], [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f], and Loved: “Girls, come on!!”

The Not So Tough Life: “Jasmine, leave my room now!!”

Finding [name_f]Hope[/name_f] in Tragedy: “Phoenix, get back here!!”

Friends Through It All: “‘Ring, ring, ring,’ said my phone”

Stories of Sisters: “Knock, knock, knock.”

1 Like

Trouble at [name_u]Saint[/name_u] [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]:

[name_m]Thursday[/name_m], [name_u]November[/name_u] 30, 2017

Tahamine stepped out of the cold end-of-November weather and through the sliding glass doors of [name_u]Saint[/name_u] [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m] [name_m]General[/name_m] Hospital.

2 Likes

The Guard Of Dosta Book #1: It was a day on which [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] Sutton’s life could change forever.

The Twice-Cursed [name_f]Princess[/name_f]: It was a sunny day, the kind on which it was hard for anyone to stay in a bad mood.

The Ghosts In The Attic: There was something peculiar about the old house.

The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] And Her Servant Prologue: It was a warm summer night in [name_u]July[/name_u].

The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] And Her Servant Chapter 1 (since people sometimes skip prologues): There was a cloud of crows flying circles around the palace, their caws filling the morning air.

City Of Goblins: [name_u]Thunder[/name_u] crashed.

Eligible: It was a usual day in the [name_m]Fairbairn[/name_m] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] Herd.

3 Likes

i’m not working on any stories at the moment, but @GhostWriter9580 i’m super gripped on your stories! could you tell me more about them please? especially the ‘delta langley is not the main character’ and ‘christmas with the kranes’!! if you don’t mind, of course!

1 Like

[name_m]Castle[/name_m] [name_u]Moon[/name_u]:
The man wouldn’t even look at [name_m]Cas[/name_m] as she killed him.

1 Like

Beware Of Dog 1: It was a normal morning in the city of [name_u]New[/name_u] Doggville.

Beware Of Dog 2 (currently the first line): “I haven’t been here in ages,” [name_u]Rose[/name_u] said as she led the group through the tiny town.

Beware Of Dog [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] [name_f]Special[/name_f] (currently the first line): “Emma?” [name_u]Rose[/name_u] asked. She sounded nervous.

Beware Of Dog 3 (currently the first line): “So, we help you? What do you do for us?” [name_m]Ciro[/name_m] stared expectantly at [name_f]Chyanne[/name_f].

Beware Of Dog 4 (currently the first line): “Hey, buddy! You’ve been standing here for like an hour! Time to move on!” [name_f]Emma[/name_f] shouted.

The [name_m]Notorious[/name_m] Squirrel Chasers (currently the first line): “OMG! [name_m]Hi[/name_m], you guys! I’m so excited to meet you!”

The Adventurous [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] (currently the first line): “So, [name_u]Kim[/name_u]? How’s the jungle?!”

Dude yes now I want to read them too

1 Like

I’m bad at titles lol but these are the titles of my Google docs haha:

N/A

The girl walked across the tundra, the fulminous wind her companion.

“Ruins of an Empire”

Abduction isn’t the funnest word in one’s vocabulary. Well, at least not mine.

“Da real cinder”

I scrubbed laundry in a bucket by the well for the better part of the late morning, hanging it out to dry on the line by the back fields.

“siblings in castle”

Somber waves that tasted of salt crashed against the rocky shore.

“Lissiana”

In the depths of the sea, there for many years lay a stoppered glass bottle filled with a draught fit to topple a kingdom.

N/A

The mule that could speak kept many secrets.

“Wild [name_u]West[/name_u] story”

There’s only scrub and sagebrush around here.

3 Likes

@smileymiley of course! I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you, I’ve been quite busy!

Here’s some brief synopsis’s:

[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] With The Kanes: It’s been nearly four years since [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] Kane’s family all been together for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. After her eldest sister dropped out of college and ran off to Europe, the family was never quite whole again, especially with her other two siblings leaving home not long after. But this year is different. It’s the first year having everyone home since [name_u]Harper[/name_u] left, and it has to be absolutely perfect– not a bough of holly out of place!
Until, of course, [name_u]Harper[/name_u] shows up with her new fiancé no one has ever met claiming their wedding is in two weeks. Now it’s a race to get everything ready and keep it perfect, which is a lot harder than it looks with a blizzard on the way, a missing dachshund, a broken family heirloom, missing [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] lights, and a cute boy who refuses to give out discounted coffee.
With this be the holly jolly holiday Natalie’s been dreaming of? [name_u]Or[/name_u] will everything go down in shambles?

[name_u]Delta[/name_u] [name_u]Langley[/name_u] Is NOT The Main Character: In Novelle City, it’s pretty clear what role everyone plays. [name_u]Logan[/name_u] [name_m]Scully[/name_m] is the handsome boy next door who’s secretly in love with his best friend. [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Tate[/name_u] is the charming new bad boy set out to steal the hero’s heart. [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Chaos[/name_m] is the villain out to destroy the world. And [name_u]Delta[/name_u] [name_u]Langley[/name_u]? Well, she’s the loyal sidekick. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] Cromwell, otherwise known as [name_f]Lady[/name_f] [name_m]Luck[/name_m], is the main character of this story, and the hero of Novelle City. But [name_u]Delta[/name_u] doesn’t want to be the sidekick anymore. She’s tired of being pushed to the side, forgotten on the sidelines. So, with a little help from [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Chaos[/name_m] and his rather attractive new henchmen, [name_u]Delta[/name_u] sets out to prove that she is the main character of her own story– no matter what it takes.

(I’ll try to post the rest later)

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for giving me a rundown on these stories! They sound amazing!

1 Like

Bringing this back, because I love reading these.

[name_f]My[/name_f] new story:

Forget Me Not: In six hundred years, the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] had never once smiled.

Viper/Mabel/Golden [name_m]Haze[/name_m] (name isn’t finalized yet)
Version 1
Prologue
The sun rose over the horizon.
Chapter 1
Slowly, I lifted my head and looked over at [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

Version 2
Prologue
“What are you making?” [name_f]Clara[/name_f] asked.
Chapter 1
“Hello?” I heard someone say.

Arlot + O’lay War (I don’t have a name yet, but that’s what I’ll call it for now)
“General [name_m]Johnson[/name_m], hello! How are you? We weren’t expecting your return yet, you were meant to be out for another week, if I am not mistaken. Has something happened?” I said, surprised to see him when I opened the door.

Note: I count dialogue as one sentence, no matter how long it is, I don’t know if I should, I just do. Also, if you are reading this, I would love to know your opinion on these. They aren’t very good, but let me know what you think, and if you are interested in hearing about the story. (If not, that is fine, I just don’t feel like typing out a long description at the moment, but I will if someone wants to hear it).

1 Like

It sounds like a cool story, what is it about? Also, I love the title.