First-middle initial combos: Are any of these problematic?

VJ
BJ
BM
OB
[name]BO[/name]

Note: these are first and middle name initials, not last name. [name]Do[/name] you think a child with any of these combos would get teased once her peers found out her initials? Or do people not really think in terms of first-middle initials?

I don’t think that children get teased for these very often, but [name]BO[/name] I guess could cause problems. I think of [name]BO[/name] as in smelling bad (Body Odor)

[name]BO[/name] or BJ maybe, just because kids are immature. I can see BJ getting comments in junior high perhaps.

I don’t think FN-MN initials would be as much of a problem as much as FN-LN initials. I have always been interested in names and there are only a few of my classmates that I can remember (or ever knew in the first place) their FN-MN initials. I am a bit hesitant about BM and [name]BO[/name] mainly because my mom is an occupational therapist and talks about BMs like it’s regular dinner conversation, lol. I think [name]BO[/name] is a bit off putting but not bad, and besides, for a boy, the initials [name]BO[/name] might be nice! He could go by the nn [name]Bo[/name]/[name]Beau[/name]. I don’t think OB would be that bad, but I would avoid BJ altogether and I’m hesitant about VJ, as well. I don’t think any of them are AWFUL, I mean, BJ isn’t the best but I know people who have gone by the nn BJ (granted, in [name]Christian[/name] circles, so teasing of that sort isn’t really embraced, lol) and VJ isn’t the greatest, either.

I think something like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Seren[/name] would be pretty bad, even with a last initial attached, it’s kind of unavoidable, you know? I would avoid those, but I don’t think OB or BM is really bad at all, in comparison. They’re just initials. The others are actual words, or very close to words…

I think [name]BO[/name] is about that only one kids would notice of that list… DIK and ASS are far worse. My hub grew up with complete initials TRAJC and the nickname Tragic [name]Tim[/name] - he survived and turned the initial teasing into a positive. So, it is possible that interesting initials to be a good thing.

[HR][/HR][name]BO[/name] BJ and BM have bad associations- but when u think of initials it is more likely you would think of all 3 letters, not just the first two!

[name]Every[/name] kid I’ve known with BJ as first to initials has endured some sexual comments. I’m guessing [name]BO[/name] would be horrible too. While I never thought of it in my youth, BM would definitely catch the attention of anyone in the medical field. I knew a guy who went by VJ, he was a pretty strange dude, but no one had anything to say about his name…it’s just a bit more unusual than TJ, CJ, DJ, etc

My 13-year-old little brother is [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] and as far as I know, he’s never been teased for having the initials BJ. I don’t think that he and his peers really know each others’ middle names.

I personally wouldn’t use them, but I’d also be afraid that possibly in phone book listings, business relations, etc., your child’s name could be listed as B. J. [name]Smith[/name], for example.