First name + middle name + last name flow

Is it OK if both fist and middle names are of the same (two-syllables) length if the surname is three-syllables?

Like [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] 3syllablesLN?

Ya I don’t see why not ,should be fine

It really depends on the names. I always call out the full names out-loud to hear how they sound. We have two 1, 2, 2 and a 2, 1, 2.

Mine and my brothers names are 2-2-3 and they work fine.

I’m asking because one naming rule is that number of syllables between first, middle and last name should be different and this is killing me, because I can’t find perfect middle for one of my favorite names!

Perfectly fine. I am avoiding having all the same syllables (2 2 2) because it tends to sound choppy. At the end of the day if it sounds good and you love the names, go with it!

I think it’s fine. [name_f]My[/name_f] full name (minus my Saints name) is 3-3-3-3 and it actually sounds okay.

I relieved hearing this!

I think it means they shouldn’t all be the same not that each name has to be a different number of syllables. You want to create a rhythm, 2-2-3 does that where 2-2-2 does not. With a 3 syllable last name and a 2 syllable first name I would look for short middle name options to not overwhelm the first name since the last name carries a lot of weight. It’s more than just syllables though, you’ll have to find your preference for sounds, whether you like them to repeat in the middle or to be distinct from one another, avoid rhyming, etc.

I agree, there’s no inherent issue with a 2-2-3 syllable pattern.