Fisher’S baby

The Fisher family already has 4 babies: Twins Taytum and Oakley, girl: Halston Blake (my favorite combo), boy: Oliver Rhett

And Maddison just announced that the baby she is now carrying (baby boy) Will be Cohen

I really like this name and i am surprised… What do you think of Cohen and What are your predictions for the middle name spot

I like [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] but I know that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea!

[name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u]
[name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u]
[name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Brett[/name_u]

1 Like

I actually really love [name_u]Cohen[/name_u], especially with his older siblings names! They said they talked about [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] (after Kyler’s dad), [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_m]Jaxxon[/name_m], and [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_m]Nash[/name_m]. I like any of these options and think that [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] or [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] would be my other predictions.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] and I think it fits really well with the girls’ names, but I feel like Oliver’s name is the odd one out because it is much more classic comparatively. I would prefer if [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] was the middle name and something like [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_u]Theo[/name_u] was used in the first name spot.

[name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] is cute and I also like [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]!

2 Likes

There are multiple threads of why that name should not be used.

10 Likes

Too late I guess!

1 Like

aw, that name is known to be offensive, I’m disappointed to see that’s the choice they’re going with. Their names have never been my personal style, but I did think they were cute at least!

2 Likes

As someone who is culturally Jewish I cannot stand [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] being used as a name for a baby without any connection to our culture. [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] is sacred to our culture and for me the use of [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] as a fashionable name choice is cultural appropriation and just so distasteful. I find it even more annoying that a family with public influence have chosen this name as it means more people will most likely influenced by their decision to name their son [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] and thus the cycle of cultural appropriation will continue!!!

Anyways rant over but if you like [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] please go for something similar like [name_m]Conan[/name_m].

8 Likes

[name_m]Eh[/name_m], the overall sibset feels fairly generic and [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] is… insensitive, to put it politely.

2 Likes

[name_u]Cohen[/name_u] is so offensive to those following the Judaism religion and should never be given to a child. It’s inconsiderate, insensitive and just offensive. A shame.

4 Likes

I think [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] works well - [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] to me always came out of left field. Apparently she had that name saved for ages but after [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] I think I would just made it the middle name.

1 Like

I actually didnt know the Impact of [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] before I posted this
But now that i know What you are talking about I totally get that people like them (more known) using the name might lead to it being more used without people knowing the meaning behind it
And i do love [name_m]Conan[/name_m] and think it is a perfect replacement for the parents that like [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] but dont want to offend people by using it

3 Likes

@Mar its okay to not know I just think before we name our children x we should educate ourselves about the name we are bestowing onto our child as a name is important. Anyways glad that you think [name_m]Conan[/name_m] is a good alternative

3 Likes

I agree 100%

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this, I wasn’t aware of the cultural significance of [name_u]Cohen[/name_u]! I definitely think it’s disappointing that they are using this name.

3 Likes

I’m thinking [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] (like [name_u]Kyler[/name_u] lol) or [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] [name_m]Steven[/name_m] (Kyler’s middle name) just some thoughts!